PDA

View Full Version : Today's B game

gobucks106
03-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Anyone seen today's lineup for the B game?I assume Arroyo made it up in time to make the first pitch!

BEETTLEBUG
03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Any Score Yet Please.

dougdirt
03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Arroyo was "sick" and didnt make the trip. Michael Gosling started that game.

BEETTLEBUG
03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I Know Is Their Any Score Yet?

OesterPoster
03-04-2007, 12:36 PM
From Trent's blog:

B game report -- our men still unstoppable

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Got our results from the B game, which doesn't count anywhere but in our hearts. And even there, the Mighty Redlegs can't be beat. The BReds beat the B-Pirates 5-0 in 6. Dewayne Wise was 2-for-2 with 2 RBIs. Michael Gosling -- in for Bronson Arroyo, suffering from "flu-like symptoms" (no word if it's the same flu he suffered with on media day in Pittsbrugh for the All-Star Game last year) -- started, went 2 innings, gave up a walk and a hit and struck out 3 B-Pirates. David Weathers, in his spring debut, 1 inning, 1 hit, 2 walks, 1 K. Phil Dumatrait, 2 innings, 1 hit, 2 Ks. Jared Burton, 1 inning, 1 K.

paintmered
03-04-2007, 12:41 PM
From Trent's blog:

B game report -- our men still unstoppable

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Got our results from the B game, which doesn't count anywhere but in our hearts. And even there, the Mighty Redlegs can't be beat. The BReds beat the B-Pirates 5-0 in 6. Dewayne Wise was 2-for-2 with 2 RBIs. Michael Gosling -- in for Bronson Arroyo, suffering from "flu-like symptoms" (no word if it's the same flu he suffered with on media day in Pittsbrugh for the All-Star Game last year) -- started, went 2 innings, gave up a walk and a hit and struck out 3 B-Pirates. David Weathers, in his spring debut, 1 inning, 1 hit, 2 walks, 1 K. Phil Dumatrait, 2 innings, 1 hit, 2 Ks. Jared Burton, 1 inning, 1 K.

Is Trent suggesting Bronson was hungover this morning?

Redsland
03-04-2007, 12:44 PM
That's affirmative.

Dunner44
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
This from John Fay:

Bronson Arroyo didn't make the start against the Pirates in the "B" game. He's sick. In fact, he's napping on training table in Ed Smith Stadium complex as we speak.

Michael Gosling started instead

Can't tell if he's napping because of a hangover or napping because of the flu... who knows?

HumnHilghtFreel
03-04-2007, 01:02 PM
This from John Fay:

Can't tell if he's napping because of a hangover or napping because of the flu... who knows?

In his defense, the flu bug IS going around. I've been sick all weekend

Strikes Out Looking
03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
If he has the flu shouldn't he be somewhere other than the locker room--it's a contagious disease after all.

Eric_Davis
03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
:beerme:
In his defense, the flu bug IS going around. I've been sick all weekend

Training table sounds about right. Surprised he made it that far. I was napping on the floor Friday night for a bout a half-hour after suffering "flu-like symptoms" myself.

Eric_Davis
03-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the "B" game report. Anyone find a box score anywhere?