PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy's back...

Matt700wlw
03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
He'll be doing webcasts of some Spring Training games on Reds.com when they are not on the radio. I want to say it's a total of 7 games....

Redlegs
03-04-2007, 04:32 PM
I wish him well. He's a class act.

mth123
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't have MLB Audio. Will these feed to XM?

redsfan1966
03-05-2007, 09:07 PM
These games will not be on XM.....as far as the "Bad Boy" goes....I am glad to hear he is doing Reds games albeit over the net....however, let me go down a road I'm not exactly sure I want to--but here goes--why do I get the feeling the reason the Reds are letting Steve do web game broadcasts are out of guilt--while I am as jacked as any Reds fan that Marty will do games with his son--I must admit I'm still a little dumbfounded how it all went down. The whole scenario of Marty (and dont get me wrong; I'm a huge Marty fan) protesting "I fought like the dickens for Steve, but they wanted to go another direction" and then voila!--here's Thom coming in to replace said "Bad Boy". There is a part of me that thinks that the Reds should just cut all ties with Steve and just let the whole thing go rather than bring him back and to a certain extent "toy" with him...just my thoughts--I could be dead wrong...

Matt700wlw
03-05-2007, 09:12 PM
These games will not be on XM.....as far as the "Bad Boy" goes....I am glad to hear he is doing Reds games albeit over the net....however, let me go down a road I'm not exactly sure I want to--but here goes--why do I get the feeling the reason the Reds are letting Steve do web game broadcasts are out of guilt--while I am as jacked as any Reds fan that Marty will do games with his son--I must admit I'm still a little dumbfounded how it all went down. The whole scenario of Marty (and dont get me wrong; I'm a huge Marty fan) protesting "I fought like the dickens for Steve, but they wanted to go another direction" and then voila!--here's Thom coming in to replace said "Bad Boy". There is a part of me that thinks that the Reds should just cut all ties with Steve and just let the whole thing go rather than bring him back and to a certain extent "toy" with him...just my thoughts--I could be dead wrong...

Thom was all Castellini's doing....Marty never believed it would happen ($$$$$) until it happened, and gives new ownership all the credit.

redsfan1966
03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok, thats true....I do remember Marty saying a lot of times that there aint enough money to bring Thom back from Arizona....but if Steve wasnt good enough to KEEP his pbp job--why bring him back for this net job??

George Anderson
03-05-2007, 09:20 PM

If I am not mistaken Steve doesnt have another job yet, so Steve working for the Reds if even at a lesser role is better than Steve not working at all.

KronoRed
03-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Steve rocked, I for one am really going to miss his broadcasts, was nice to hear him back in action today.

redsfan1966
03-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I am glad to hear he "rocked" and hope he continues to do a good job...I have met him many times and he is a class act...so my arguments aside--I am glad he is getting to do some work and hope he catches on with some organization on a full time basis.

George Foster
03-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Ok, thats true....I do remember Marty saying a lot of times that there aint enough money to bring Thom back from Arizona....but if Steve wasnt good enough to KEEP his pbp job--why bring him back for this net job??

This tells me that the Reds front office is a class act. Steve is a guy that bought a house in Cincy, moved his family to Cincy, his boys are young and still in school, one of his sons is really sick.

They gave him a job. They did the right thing. Giving him a salary of 50-75K is pennies to this organization, and gives him a chance to give his family some stability. I feel a lot better about my team.:beerme: :thumbup: