PDA

View Full Version : Keppinger Out 4-6 Weeks

reds44
03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
BRADNETON, Fla. -- Georgia Bulldog Jeff Keppinger is out 4-6 weeks with a broken right ring finger when he was hit in the 5th inning by Allan Simpson. Keppinger was batting .750 in the spring so far this season. Keppinger walked and was hit by a pitch (both in the fifth inning) on Sunday. He also scored a run in his first at-bat of the inning. He's played second and third so far this spring.

-C. Trent

11larkin11
03-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I thought he was lookin real good so far this spring. A shame.

RedEye
03-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Looking more and more likely that Hamilton will find his way onto the 25-man.

captainmorgan07
03-04-2007, 07:49 PM
bad news for keppinger was hitting the ball good he'll go to AAA and prolly be one of the first callups if an infielder is hurt

UGADaddy
03-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Agree with captainmorgan, but a comment for redeye: Do you really think they were playing for the same spot? I think Hamilton was well ahead of Kepp anyway on account of his own performance, plus the amount of PR that the team has put into his life's story (a pretty good one at that). His story has been recounted by almost every major paper in the country. If he keeps hitting the way he is now, no question he makes the team. (But that's all another topic. Back to my main point: I don't think Kepp's injury has anything to do with JHam making the team. JHam's already ahead of him and isn't playing for the same roster spot in my humble opinion.)

Dracodave
03-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Keppinger really was a good pick up. Even as a bench bat. He's a decent contact hitter and plays good defense.

I indifferent about his injury. If it was Janish I'd be more concerned.

RedEye
03-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Agree with captainmorgan, but a comment for redeye: Do you really think they were playing for the same spot? I think Hamilton was well ahead of Kepp anyway on account of his own performance, plus the amount of PR that the team has put into his life's story (a pretty good one at that). His story has been recounted by almost every major paper in the country. If he keeps hitting the way he is now, no question he makes the team. (But that's all another topic. Back to my main point: I don't think Kepp's injury has anything to do with JHam making the team. JHam's already ahead of him and isn't playing for the same roster spot in my humble opinion.)

I guess you are probably right... they aren't playing for the same spot. Kepp was probably a long shot either way (and now he's a 'no shot'). I think I just wanted to post something about J-Ham since he's hitting .500 and I am so psyched about the possibility of having something to be psyched about on this team. If he can keep hitting like this, he could even work his way into the starting line-up IMO with Freel best as a 4 to 5-day per week guy.

TheWalls
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Just when we alkl thought Allan Simpson couldn't do any more damage to the Reds once we outrighted him!:bang: :bash:

BRM
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Looking more and more likely that Hamilton will find his way onto the 25-man.

There was never really much doubt on that one. I'd say this makes it more likely that Denorfia is on the 25 man. Hamilton is already there.