PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Movies You Find Entertaining

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Towering Inferno.

Horrible Movie. Completley campy acting with an implausable plot. Chock full of 60's/70's movie stars and faces that make you say, "isn't that the guy from that one movie.......". The end of the movie is classic frontier gibberish mixed with full-on sillyness with a touch of 'oh no he didn't'.

But I love it. Watch it every time its on.

MrCinatit
03-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
"My God...It's Adolph Hitler!!!"

cincinnati chili
03-06-2007, 07:26 AM
The first 45 minutes of Major Payne, starring Damon Wayans.

Call me sadistic, but few things are funnier to me than a military drill sergeant scaring the crap out of a bunch of kids.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Army of Darkness, even though it was kind of made to be so bad its good.

TeamCasey
03-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Amazon Woman on The Moon

BuckWoody
03-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I just saw Poseidon over the weekend...what a dreadful movie, formulaic schlock at its worst. It entertained me for a couple of hours though. :)

I'll always watch Twister if I come across it on TV. :thumbup:

zombie-a-go-go
03-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
Re-Animator.
Evil Dead II.
Blood Feast.
Bloodsucking Freaks.
The Toxic Avenger.
Night of the Lepus.
Night of the Demons.
Night of the Creeps.
Critters.
The Stuff.
Frankenhooker.
Pet Semetary II.
Prom Night I-III.
Sleepaway Camp.
Silent Night, Deadly Night I, II, and IV.
Halloween II-Resurrection (the original was a good movie).
A Nightmare on Elm Street II-Wes Craven's New Nightmare (see above).
Friday the 13th II-Jason X (again, see above).
Freddy V. Jason.
Cemetary Man (Dellamorte Dellamore)
The Wizard of Gore.
Cannibal Holocaust.

...I could do this all day. But I'll stop here. :)

dougdirt
03-06-2007, 09:05 AM

You just made my day a little better for reminding me that movie existed. I was frightened of Cotton Candy until I was about 6 becuase of that movie.

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I was a big fan of Chevy Chase's bad movies:

Nothing But Trouble and Funny Farm, in particular.

westofyou
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Part of that was shot in the house I lived in my last year in college.

As a former film student I'll say I've watched a zillion bad movies, none are worth returning to in my opinion

Yachtzee
03-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Zombie mentioned the classic Blood Feast and the villianous Fuad Ramses.

I'll but up the awful but entertaining (to me at least) "Dude, Where's My Car."

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Re-Animator.
Evil Dead II.
Blood Feast.
Bloodsucking Freaks.
The Toxic Avenger.
Night of the Lepus.
Night of the Demons.
Night of the Creeps.
Critters.
The Stuff.
Frankenhooker.
Pet Semetary II.
Prom Night I-III.
Sleepaway Camp.
Silent Night, Deadly Night I, II, and IV.
Halloween II-Resurrection (the original was a good movie).
A Nightmare on Elm Street II-Wes Craven's New Nightmare (see above).
Friday the 13th II-Jason X (again, see above).
Freddy V. Jason.
Cemetary Man (Dellamorte Dellamore)
The Wizard of Gore.
Cannibal Holocaust.

...I could do this all day. But I'll stop here. :)

Blood Diner http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092669/ (intentionally bad)

Pieces http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082748/ (unintentionally bad)

My current favorite awful movie is the Patrick Swayze classic Roadhouse.

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 10:08 AM
My current favorite awful movie is the Patrick Swayze classic Roadhouse.

Oh man, how could I forget Roadhouse. A total crappy movie masterpiece.

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 10:40 AM

It like a perfect storm of 80's schlock -- mullets, karate, gratuitous nudity, monster trucks, and no plot whatsoever.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
A 1983 film called Yellowbeard starring Peter Boyle, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Eric Idle, Madeline Kahn, John Cleese, David Bowie, and Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame. I used to watch it all the time with my old man. It's about a locked up pirate who escapes prison to find that he has a son thats his exact opposite. Your basic pirate looking for his treasure type of movie, reminded me alot of Cheech and Chongs The Corsican Brothers.

WMR
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Zoolander ... Cable Guy ...

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 10:50 AM
A 1983 film called Yellowbeard starring Peter Boyle, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Eric Idle, Madeline Kahn, John Cleese, David Bowie, and Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame. I used to watch it all the time with my old man. It's about a locked up pirate who escapes prison to find that he has a son thats his exact opposite. Your basic pirate looking for his treasure type of movie, reminded me alot of Cheech and Chongs The Corsican Brothers.

I absolutely loved that movie. I don't think it qualifies as "horrible" at all. It's legitimately funny, and I was finally able to DVR it on Saturday.

Little Girl: Sir, can I have three farthings for a lump of ****?
Dan: No!
(Little Girl then throws the lump into Dan's face.)

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I absolutely loved that movie. I don't think it qualifies as "horrible" at all. It's legitimately funny, and I was finally able to DVR it on Saturday.

Little Girl: Sir, can I have three farthings for a lump of ****?
Dan: No!
(Little Girl then throws the lump into Dan's face.)
Where did you find it, I would love to have a copy.

zombie-a-go-go
03-06-2007, 10:55 AM

How about Over the Top w/ Stallone and Hogan?

zombie-a-go-go
03-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Blood Diner http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092669/ (intentionally bad)

I must see this!

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
It like a perfect storm of 80's schlock -- mullets, karate, gratuitous nudity, monster trucks, and no plot whatsoever.

:bowrofl:

And lest we forget one smooth yet world worn, philsophizing, bouncer known the country over.

Then again, I thought he'd be a lot taller.

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Where did you find it, I would love to have a copy.

I don't think it's out on DVD. I recorded it off a movie channel with my DVR. I can try to burn it to a DVD for you if you'd like.

I must see this!

It's utterly hilarious. If you have trouble finding it, I have it on VHS and could probably make you a copy.

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
OH! I forgot this one. A fave from back in high school:

The Party Animal

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087889/

Complete with a 80's punk soundtrack including a Buzzcocks song I really like.

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I just remembered this extremely quotable "classic":

The Wraith http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092240/

Skank: Do you smell a cop?
Gutterboy: I smell french fries, but that don't make no sense!

minus5
03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Amazon Woman on The Moon

There are some hilarious moments in that movie. Ed Begley Jr as Son Of The Invisible Man was great!

Gotta love Don "No Soul" Simmons too!

M2
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
"Stagger, stagger, crawl, crawl, jump"

"Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead."

"She couldn't be your mother. No woman ever slept with me and lived."

Yellowbeard's totally underrated.

I don't care if the comedy in a movie is goofy, as long as it's funny. It's a comedy, if you're laughing that's the point. I also don't fault campy movies for being campy. For instance, "Killer Klowns" is a complete cinematic success. That movie is everything it set out to be be. It's no "Lair of the White Worm", but that's mostly due to budget. FWIW, for quality camp I always thought "Critters 2" was terribly overlooked.

If a movie is unintentionally campy, say like "Lifeforce", that's when you've really hit on something.

Though the absolute worst movie I've ever seen that didn't have the good sense to put its tongue in its cheek that I nevertheless enjoyed is "The Omega Code". The acting (particularly Casper Van Dien and Catherine Oxenberg) is festering pile of stool. The plot and script are numbingly stupid. The film is awful at every level. When the world ends at the conclusion of the picture, you're glad everyone in the film is dead. Mind you, that little plot detail did not stop them from making a sequel.

In fact, everything about the film is so inept, so pathetic that I find myself unable to look away. It's a non-stop thrill ride into complete absurdity. If I were younger, I'd surely have built a drinking game around this flick (drink a beer everytime Van Dien jumps over a sofa).

bomarl1969
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Snakes on a Plane
No Holds Barred
The Dancing Outlaw II

Patrick Bateman
03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
"The Ice Cream Man" staring Clint Howard.

Clint plays an insane killer ice cream man that turns people (and some animlas) into special ice cream flavours. It also has a special appearance by a drugged up Jan-Michael Vincent.

This is easily the worst movie I have ever seen. Absolutely awful. Funny as hell though.

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
My wife thinks Mars Attacks is a horrible movie.

I think it's excellent.

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Showgirls is so bad it's fun. This will cheese off M2, but while it's possible that Paul Verhoeven set out to make a satire of trash cinema, what ended up on the screen was pure dreck.

Verhoeven has made other good, trashy movies that also managed to be wryly satirical -- the first two Robocop films and Starship Troopers are great examples -- but Showgirls plays it way too straight. You can't write a by-the-numbers Harlequin romance novel and claim it's a satire of romance novels.

But, as unintentionally bad cinema, Showgirls is still worth a few laughs.

Highlifeman21
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Can't Hardly Wait

RFS62
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
My wife thinks Mars Attacks is a horrible movie.

I think it's excellent.

Same here.

KittyDuran
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think it's out on DVD. I recorded it off a movie channel with my DVR. I can try to burn it to a DVD for you if you'd like.

It's utterly hilarious. If you have trouble finding it, I have it on VHS and could probably make you a copy.I have to watch it again (have it on VHS). Crude, but hilarious!

guttle11
03-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

Yes!

Super Troopers

M2
03-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Showgirls is so bad it's fun. This will cheese off M2, but while it's possible that Paul Verhoeven set out to make a satire of trash cinema, what ended up on the screen was pure dreck.

Verhoeven has made other good, trashy movies that also managed to be wryly satirical -- the first two Robocop films and Starship Troopers are great examples -- but Showgirls plays it way too straight. You can't write a by-the-numbers Harlequin romance novel and claim it's a satire of romance novels.

But, as unintentionally bad cinema, Showgirls is still worth a few laughs.

It's an almost perfect lampoon of American trash culture. No reason to make jokes about something that is a joke. It wouldn't be half as absurd if you consciously played it for yucks.

Plus, Verhoeven understands absurdity too well. That's the dead giveaway. He got everybody but himself to treat the film seriously. Genius.

It works if you view it the way you do as well. That's why it's such a great movie. I imagine there's also those lost souls who view it as a compelling drama about a hardscrabble girl trying to make it in Vegas -- the very notion that a chunk of people have watched this film and seen nothing wrong with it I find utterly hilarious.

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Wait a minute...

Are you suggesting that a local business barron taking over a town where apparently no law enforcement exists within 1,500 miles, a bouncer that everybody across the country knows by name, and a town where there is enough people to fill a gigantic bar but not enough people to pave the streets is somehow....not plausable?

Where the nice-guy bar owner has enough cash to pay Dalton anything he wants, plus pour scads of cash into totally renovating the Double Duce, but he can't kick in a few bucks of protection money? Or better yet, move to a different town where he can run his club free from Big Bad Brad. This is somehow odd?

Or the idea that despite this town having about 7 buildings (4 of which are destroyed by the end of the movie ) somehow that wiley Brad has been able to build a vast empire and fortune by skimming the local businesses. That isn't strange is it?

And somehow you doubt the reality of all this?

RichRed
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, 'The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079154/

BoxingRed
03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Hudson Hawk's plot is almost unrecognizable, but I always get some good laughs out of it. It's true genius lies in it's absurdity.:)

Yachtzee
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Superfuzz http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082924/

Featuring Germano-Italian Superstar Terence Hill, without Bud Spencer.

M2
03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
And don't forget "The Super Cops" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0072228/)

The shootout scenes alone are priceless. They jus sort of wave their guns around randomly yet magically never miss a bad guy.

Chip R
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Where the nice-guy bar owner has enough cash to pay Dalton anything he wants, plus pour scads of cash into totally renovating the Double Duce, but he can't kick in a few bucks of protection money? Or better yet, move to a different town where he can run his club free from Big Bad Brad. This is somehow odd?

Well, I don't think it's that he couldn't but he didn't want to. He took a stand.

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Wait a minute...

Are you suggesting that a local business barron taking over a town where apparently no law enforcement exists within 1,500 miles, a bouncer that everybody across the country knows by name, and a town where there is enough people to fill a gigantic bar but not enough people to pave the streets is somehow....not plausable?

Or the idea that despite this town having about 7 buildings (4 of which are destroyed by the end of the movie ) somehow that wiley Brad has been able to build a vast empire and fortune by skimming the local businesses. That isn't strange is it?

And somehow you doubt the reality of all this?

Not to mention the fact that Wesley supposedly has the cops in his pocket, yet Dalton can indiscriminately kill about a dozen people and never even get brought in for questioning.

But hey, that was 80's life in the suburbs of Kansas City. It was pretty much the wild west way back then. :rolleyes:

Yachtzee
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Not to mention the fact that Wesley supposedly has the cops in his pocket, yet Dalton can indiscriminately kill about a dozen people and never even get brought in for questioning.

But hey, that was 80's life in the suburbs of Kansas City. It was pretty much the wild west way back then. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember when I was on a consulting project in the suburbs of KC, I couldn't go to a bar without worrying about whether I would be terrorized by thugs or have my throat ripped out by a bouncer. Lenexa and Overland Park were pretty bad, but heaven help you if you mispronounced "Olathe." Good thing I was working for the town boss, named "Sprint." I don't know if I would have made it out of there alive. ;)

westofyou
03-06-2007, 03:31 PM
And don't forget "The Super Cops" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0072228/)

The shootout scenes alone are priceless. They jus sort of wave their guns around randomly yet magically never miss a bad guy.

I read that book (http://www.amazon.com/Super-story-called-Batman-Robin/dp/B000H573C6/ref=sr_1_3/104-3960130-2228746?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173213049&sr=8-3) in 6th grade... it had adult content

RFS62
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Evil Dead 2 is hard to beat

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/01/EvilAshabouttobeshot.JPG/235px-EvilAshabouttobeshot.JPG

hebroncougar
03-06-2007, 03:48 PM
A movie I rented several times as a kid called "Midnight Madness". It was about some stupid scavenger hunt. I can still remember the line "***abeefe?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081159/

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
A movie I rented several times as a kid called "Midnight Madness". It was about some stupid scavenger hunt. I can still remember the line "***abeefe?"

I love that movie, especially when they visit the Pabst Blue Ribbon distribution center, or as I like to call it, "heaven."

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I also love that movie.

Great stuff.

Tommyjohn25
03-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Joe Versus the Volcano.
Funny Farm.
Evil Dead 2.
Army of darkness.
Bachelor Party
Dracula, Dead and Loving It.
National Lampoons Loaded Weapon 1.
Dirty Work.

zombie-a-go-go
03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey... Joe vs the Volcano wasn't horrible!

It was also the first film I ever went to see in a theater without parental supervision, which, admittedly, may be coloring my memory a bit.

westofyou
03-06-2007, 04:08 PM

I assembled that film at the Mariemont Theate, then we partied up and screened it for bad cuts... good times.

4 weeks later I was ready to never see it again.

pahster
03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Manos: Hands of Fate

Someone mentioned Starship Troopers earlier in the thread. It offended my every sense, but that may well have been so because it's one of my favorite books.

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I was a big fan of Chevy Chase's bad movies:

Nothing But Trouble and Funny Farm, in particular.

Funny Farm is a scream. Just watched it a few weeks ago.

Fletch is another good one.

Jerky Boys the Movie was awful but Hilarious. Ohh man I could watch that right now.

Edskin
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
The Wraith http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092240/

DUDE! I thought I was the only one!

"It's a wraith man, and it AIN'T cool!"

Awesome.

I always thought the main bad-guy looked just like Mel Kiper Jr.

Redlegs82
03-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Run Ronnie Run (from doin time to Primetime)

Cannabal The Musical.

Tommyjohn25
03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Run Ronnie Run (from doin time to Primetime)

Cannabal The Musical.

Oh man! I thought I was like the only one of maybe six people in the known world that had seen "Cannibal the Musical" what a great movie! Subtle humor, I love it!

As far as "Funny Farm" goes, for some reason my favorite part of that movie is towards the end when the whole town is gathered in "Andys" house all singing "Joy to the World" and Chevy Chase accidentally starts another verse by singing "JOY" really really loud...good times.

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
DUDE! I thought I was the only one!

"It's a wraith man, and it AIN'T cool!"

Awesome.

I always thought the main bad-guy looked just like Mel Kiper Jr.

Skank and Gutterboy provided me with some great quotes for high school drinking parties.

Yachtzee
03-06-2007, 05:57 PM

I actually met my wife when I went to Chicago to partake in my brother's own version of "The Great All-Nighter." My future wife and I were on the same team. We were doing great until we ended up at the German restaurant "Zum Deutschen Eck" (since closed). At that point our team got too interested in drinking and watched as the other teams came in, got the clue and left. After the last team passed us, we realized that maybe we should solved the clue. Although there were some tense moments, it was a blast overall. I hear there are other places where people have put on their own versions of "The Great All-Nighter." From what I hear, it's usually a great time.

Blimpie
03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Gas, Food & Lodging
Valley Girl
Can't Buy Me Love
Anaconda
The Cell
S.O.B.

westofyou
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Can't Buy Me Love

- Take your hands off Kenneth.

Or I'll break your arm. Your pitching arm!

Oh yeah? Well, don't make me laugh, lawn boy.

Let go.

Now!

You broke your arm once before, remember?

You fell out of our tree house. Kenneth picked you up...

and we carried you 12 blocks to the hospital. Yeah, you cried all the way.

We were all friends then, remember?

And now you want to end his life...

because he's talking to Patty on your side of the cafeteria.

Oh, man, that's stupid. I know, 'cause that's where I wanted to be.

On your side, with your crowd. But I messed up.

See, I tried to buy my way in.

But Kenneth... he's not trying to buy anybody.

He's Just trying to make friends. Being himself.

Cools, nerds, your side, my side.

Man, it's all bull****. It's Just tough enough to be yourself.

It's all right.

MrCinatit
03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Manos: Hands of Fate

Someone mentioned Starship Troopers earlier in the thread. It offended my every sense, but that may well have been so because it's one of my favorite books.

"The Master would not approve!"
Deep hurting. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep hurting.

For some reason, I've always had a soft spot (made of cheese) for Cliffhanger.

Blimpie
03-06-2007, 06:41 PM

Let go.

Now!

It's all right.The only thing you forgot was the kids standing up from their Snack Packs and giving Ronald one of these:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Handofdeath
03-06-2007, 08:23 PM
D.C. Cab

Memorable quotes for
D.C. Cab (1983)
advertisement Dell: Why are women are so uptight? They've got half the money and all the p****.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Rhythm: Don't let your d**k run your life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyrone: Where to?
Angel of Death: I am the Angel of Death. Take me to hell.
Tyrone: Got any luggage?

Samson: Fool! Your fare is the only thing stopping me from breaking your face!

Xavier: It's tough to be a man baby!

Tyrone: Albert white bread, chicken s**t, Hockenberry.

Dell: I don't work January the 8th, 'cause it's Elvis' birthday.
[imitates Elvis]
Dell: Oh hunh-hunh!

Samson: Shut up, Dell!

Dell: Bruce Lee ain't dead you know. They got him frozen in carbonite down under Chatsworth. They're gonna melt him down as soon as the economy gets better.

Samson: Why don't you get off the street and get a decent job?
Hooker In Mr. T's Cab: Cause I need the bread!
Samson: Then get a job at the bakery.

Dell: Nobody ever goes in the army any more, except blacks. Someday one ******'s gonna wakeup and say, "We got the guns, mustard gas and the tanks. We run the army!" And they're going to take over the whole country and we'll be in with them already. We'll be token whites. Think about it.

Dell: If I wanted responsibility I woulda been a damn sex surrogate!

Buddy: [looking at male strippers] Those guys are ***gots!

FBI Chief: Did Albert ever discuss his political convictions with you?
Dell: Albert don't have no political convictions. He's an American!

Tyrone: [shouting in megaphone] You better come out now, you scumbags!
Harold: Cops don't talk like that.
Tyrone: They do to me.

Tyrone: This is the same jug Abraham Lincoln used. One drink and he freed the slaves. And we ain't had a job since.

Harold: [Just before dropping Mr. Bravo in to a swimming pool from a balcony] You know what you're problem is Bravo? You're so short, your brain is just too close to your a**hole.

Samson: Albert's just telling the truth. We're the worst company in town, and we know it!

Sean_CaseyRules
03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
KUNG POW ENTER THE FIST!!!!!!!!
Super Troopers
Mars Attacks
Big Trouble In Little China
Shaun Of The Dead (everyone in my family but me hated it!)
I dunno if this is considered, but I love Land Of The Dead

Sean_CaseyRules
03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Dracula, Dead and Loving It.

Definately forgot about this movie, its freaking awesome!

Falls City Beer
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Let go.

Now!

It's all right.

Top 5 greatest movies ever.

Kenneth = Courtney "You **** on my house!" Gains, aka Malachai in Children of the Corn and a totally dusted crackfiend in Colors. One of the mysteries of the universe that he didn't hit the big time.

marcshoe
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
The classic populist bad movie of all time: Billy Jack.

Hap
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/1966_batman_movie_poster.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Midmad-dvd-combined.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/StarWarsHS.jpg

Johnny Footstool
03-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I have a downloaded copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special. It's actually some of Lucas' better work -- it shows Wookie life during Imperial occupation. Plus it has Harvey Korman, a cartoon with the first appearance of Boba Fett, and a song from 70's supergroup Jefferson Starship.

Gainesville Red
03-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I watch Face Off everytime it comes on HBO.

Seriously.

Redlegs82
03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
oh, yea.... Basketball.

"God must really have it in for that little boy."
-Bob Costas.

M2
03-07-2007, 12:37 AM

I liked how the movie exposed Heinlein's barely cloaked fascism.

pahster
03-07-2007, 01:39 AM
I liked how the movie exposed Heinlein's barely cloaked fascism.

Are you talking pre- or post-stroke Heinlein? He got pretty crazy after it happened.

Edit - I guess it wasn't a stroke. He had some kind of major health problems though. If I recall correctly (and it has been a long time) his writings were significantly different after he started having problems with his health.

M2
03-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Are you talking pre- or post-stroke Heinlein? He got pretty crazy after it happened.

I don't know when he had his stroke, but when I read my roommate's copy of "Starship Troopers" in college I distinctly remember thinking the book was just needed some goose-stepping and a reference or two to the "Father Planet" to put a bow around its message.

Had I been younger when I read it, I probably would have just thought it was cool how they killed all those bugs.

Ravenlord
03-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Night of the Lepus.

unfortunately, i've only seen this movie once, and it's quite possibly my favorite movie ever.

MrCinatit
03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Weird Science - where else could you see Anthony Michael Hall at his best, and Ilan Mitchell-Smith's best roll ever. Of course, the movie was good for two reasons - Kelly LeBrock. Gurrr Rowl!

A recent release full of the cheese factor is Idiocracy, directed by Mike "OfficeSpace" Judge. Owen Wilson plays a completely average soldier who gets frozen for 500 years and finds he is by far the most intelligent person on Earth - as everyone else has evolved into a complete moron (the President is a pro-wrestler). I got some huge chuckles out of it, and the "dumb level" is remarkably high.

WMR
03-07-2007, 07:33 AM
It wasn't Owen Wilson, it was his brother Luke.

Very funny though, IMO, classic Mike Judge sense of humor.

WMR
03-07-2007, 07:59 AM
"The Wizard"

http://www.sarahdriskell.com/downloads/power.glove.jpg

"I love the Power Glove. It's so bad."

http://www.toadking.com/6x9=42/powerglove.jpg

MrCinatit
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
It wasn't Owen Wilson, it was his brother Luke.

Very funny though, IMO, classic Mike Judge sense of humor.

Oops - I always get those two confused.

RichRed
03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/1966_batman_movie_poster.jpg

When the Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder were in a tight spot in some shark-infested waters, I was so relieved Batman remembered to put his Bat Shark Repellent on his utility belt that morning.

Whew, that was a close one.

Ltlabner
03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
When the Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder were in a tight spot in some shark-infested waters, I was so relieved Batman remembered to put his Bat Shark Repellent on his utility belt that morning.

I love that movie, but I think they were aiming to be campy instead of trying to make a serrious movie that sucked so bad that it was good.

But yea, thank the lord that utility belt had all the bat-gadgets a crime fighting superhero would ever need.

Red Leader
03-07-2007, 09:39 AM
What about Innerspace?

Dennis Quaid, Martin Short, Meg Ryan and "the Cowboy". I love that movie. Great stuff.

thatcoolguy_22
03-07-2007, 09:45 AM
What about Innerspace?

Dennis Quaid, Martin Short, Meg Ryan and "the Cowboy". I love that movie. Great stuff.

Gone in 60 seconds. Best "bad" movie ever

Johnny Footstool
03-07-2007, 10:01 AM

Actually, the Shark Repellant spray was in a special container in the Batcopter, along with the Eel Repellant and the Manta Ray Repellant (I'm not kidding).

thatcoolguy_22
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Actually, the Shark Repellant spray was in a special container in the Batcopter, along with the Eel Repellant and the Manta Ray Repellant (I'm not kidding).

No kidding I joke about the shark repellent spray all the time. Batman was hanging on a rope ladder from the batcopter with a full grown shark hanging from his leg and he yells calmly, " Robin, My shark repellent spray!" Which in reality is an aerosal can of the mysterious chemical compound...

wolfboy
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Karate Bullfighter

http://imdb.com/title/tt0165348/

RichRed
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM

I'll defer to your knowledge. I just loved that it was "Bat" Shark Repellant, since by law, all his crimefighting instruments had to have "Bat" at the beginning. Please tell me I'm at least remembering that part right.

Chip R
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I'll defer to your knowledge. I just loved that it was "Bat" Shark Repellant, since by law, all his crimefighting instruments had to have "Bat" at the beginning. Please tell me I'm at least remembering that part right.

He probably was trying to trademark it.

Johnny Footstool
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM

Definitely.

hebroncougar
03-07-2007, 05:20 PM
I love that movie, especially when they visit the Pabst Blue Ribbon distribution center, or as I like to call it, "heaven."

I bought the DVD last year online just for grins. Talk about goofy stuff. And I didn't remember Micheal J. Fox being in it.:)

Yachtzee
03-07-2007, 06:50 PM

But does that mean it repels all sharks, or just the elusive Bat-Shark?

Blimpie
03-07-2007, 06:59 PM
The Bone Collector

GAC
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I use to love the old drive-in B movies. Movies like "The Town That Dreaded Sundown".