PDA

View Full Version : How soon till Votto arrives?

Jefferson24
03-08-2007, 10:02 AM
He seems to be doing well so far this spring. I'm really excited about him. I would love to see him sooner than later. I'm assuming it's highly unlikely he makes the team out of spring training but do you think he's a late season call up or should we expect him a little sooner. I think if we are on pace to be below 500 and not a contender by mid June we should call up Votto and Bailey (if he's not up already).

HumnHilghtFreel
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Probably the first time the roster expands, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up if the team really falters.

flyer85
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
september 2007 unless Hatty falters, which is somewhat likely. Hatty has an every other year thing going and with his age he could very easily fall of the planet in terms of offensive performance.

Redskinalum02
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
As much as I would LOVE to see Votto playing for the Reds, it wouldn't do much for his growth to have sit on the bench. If he will get some time in September, then I say bring him up. Otherwise, he is still the 1B of the future and can play every day in the minors.

He sure looks like he's not over matched in the least in ST though. Of course, some of those guys pitching to him are minor leaguers as well.

FutureRedsGM
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I know this is very selfish of me, but I am looking forward to seeing A LOT of Votto in Louisville this year. The thought of Votto, Bailey and Co. makes this Louisville Bats fan smile!!

Realistically, I think that Hat and Conine are entrenched at 1B for the season and it makes no sense to throw Votto into that mix now. Votto is primed to take control as the starting first sacker for the big club next year. I would think that he would get some MLB ABs in September though.

Here's to great years for The Reds and all of their farm teams!!!!!

:beerme:

bucksfan2
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I think the reds have him scheduled to come up in september but I think Votto plays his way onto the roster earlier. Votto is really the first minor leagurer, since Dunn, who can provide an offensive spark sitting in AAA.

bounty37h
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I am hoping he stays in L-ville long enough to make a trip to Durham so I get to see him play in person! I love seeing the young guys come up through the minors. Also a good chance to meet them and get an auto!!! I had a buddy who pitched for Lousiville a few years ago, and when they came to Durham, got to meet many on the team, and even go out for drinks with a few of them afterwards.

BoCcc2832
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Joey Votto has no shot of making the team out of Spring Training. He has less of a shot than Bailey does. That being said, unless Hatteberg and/or Conine get hurt, Votto will not appear in Cincy until September, which is a very likely possibillity because he is on the 40-man roster already. The only minor leaguer I see popping his head in Cincinnati, barring injuries, is Bailey, who I see coming in May or June.

KronoRed
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I'll go with middle of 2009

Gotta take it slow with those darn kids ;)

RedEye
03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I think Votto determines his own course for 2008. If he mashes in AAA, he's likely to be our starting 1B going into next spring.

2007 largely depends on Hatteberg, Conine, and the Reds overall performance. I do think he's likely to get a September call-up either way.

OnBaseMachine
03-08-2007, 07:47 PM
If it were up to me, Votto would be the starting first baseman on Opening Day. Sadly, I'm not in charge, so it will probably be July at the earliest when we see Votto in Cincinnati.

KoryMac5
03-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I think Votto determines his own course for 2008. If he mashes in AAA, he's likely to be our starting 1B going into next spring.

2007 largely depends on Hatteberg, Conine, and the Reds overall performance. I do think he's likely to get a September call-up either way.

I agree if the Reds are out of it by the All Star break I think you will see some teams looking for a bat off the bench. Both Hatte and Connine fit that bill which would than leave a slot open for Votto.

justincredible
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
If it were up to me, Votto would be the starting first baseman on Opening Day. Sadly, I'm not in charge, so it will probably be July at the earliest when we see Votto in Cincinnati.

I agree with you. He seems ready to me. I'd like to see him in Cincinnati as soon as possible.

crazybob60
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM

I would say the same exact thing, with the very latest being in September. Although Opening Day 2008 I would think would be the Krivsky answer.