PDA

View Full Version : 300 Movie

HumnHilghtFreel
03-09-2007, 07:46 PM
I just got back from the 5:00 showing because I didn't want to meet a crowd and there were still quite a few people there.

Movie gets my 2 thumbs up. I liked the way they told the story and the graphics and fight scenes were top notch. Given the hype around it, I thought it was pretty good.

Redsfaithful
03-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Not exactly a challenging movie, but it was a lot of fun. Possibly the biggest "guy" movie I've ever seen. I liked it alot.

creek14
03-10-2007, 08:04 AM
We went to see Wild Hogs last night (yeah I'm deep). When we got out, the line waiting for 300 was about 200 deep. Should have good first week numbers if Beavercreek is representative.

BTW, if you are an old fart, Wild Hogs is a hoot.

justincredible
03-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I think I am going to see 300 at noon. I will feel like less of a loser for going to a movie alone if I go early when not many people are there. Haha.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Not exactly a challenging movie, but it was a lot of fun. Possibly the biggest "guy" movie I've ever seen. I liked it alot.

lol yeah, this is one of the reviews I saw on rottentomatoes for it.

You don't go to Hooters for the chicken wings - no matter what you might tell your wife - and you're not going to 300 for the plot nuances.

GAC
03-12-2007, 08:34 PM
If I were actors I'd be scared of the future. If they can create all these scenes via computers, and make it look so realistic, are replacing actors that far behind?

BoxingRed
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Saw it yesterday.
Sort of a dumbed down Gladiator.
Looked amazing and, from what a friend told me, it held true to the comic book in asthetics.(If not to history in story)
Anytime you get 2 slow-motion decapitations in one movie, you know you've gone a bit over the top.
All in all it was enjoyable R rated fun, but I don't need to see it again.

savafan
03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
If I were actors I'd be scared of the future. If they can create all these scenes via computers, and make it look so realistic, are replacing actors that far behind?

I think Jar Jar Binks has given them a few more years of security. ;)

RedsBaron
03-14-2007, 07:04 AM
I read online that Iran is now protesting this movie as being unfair to Persians/Iranians (I'm serious).

GAC
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
I read online that Iran is now protesting this movie as being unfair to Persians/Iranians (I'm serious).

Maybe those 300 should have asked for better odds? :mooner:

GAC
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
I think Jar Jar Binks has given them a few more years of security. ;)

Look what they did with King Kong. ;)