PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Yet Received His Or Her Power Pack Tickets?

Hap
03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I have not yet received mine.

dougdirt
03-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I know last year I didn't get mine until late in March.

Hap
03-12-2007, 07:00 PM
I suspect they are discouraging re-selling by making us wait.

Red in Chicago
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I suspect they are discouraging re-selling by making us wait.

i'm thinking the same thing, although it has only been slightly more than a week since they went on sale...they are suppose to arrive two weeks PRIOR to opening day, so that pretty much leaves next monday as the due date...

GAC
03-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I got an email that said they will be mailed out approximately 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the regular season.

Red in Chicago
03-17-2007, 04:40 PM
just thought i'd see if anyone actually received their power pack tickets yet...monday gets us to the two week point, so i'm getting concerned...

OnBaseMachine
03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I received mine yesterday.

Red in Chicago
03-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I received mine yesterday.

hey obm...what town do you live in? i'm just trying to get a gage as to possible mailing delays since i'm two states away...thanks...

OnBaseMachine
03-17-2007, 05:50 PM
hey obm...what town do you live in? i'm just trying to get a gage as to possible mailing delays since i'm two states away...thanks...

15 minutes from Charleston, WV.

Always Red
03-17-2007, 10:55 PM
no powerpack, but I received my 20 game pack (Mix 1) yesterday, and I live in Cincinnati.

GAC
03-18-2007, 08:08 PM
15 minutes from Charleston, WV.

Wow! That's astounding. The pony express in WV isn't usually that fast. :mooner:

Hap
03-19-2007, 12:16 PM
got mine today.....mailed from california on thursay the 15th......proximity to cincinnati means nothing....

Joseph
03-19-2007, 12:19 PM
I got my Opening Day tickets from the lottery on Saturday, hopefully the power pack will be there tonight.

Joseph
03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I still wait for the power pack seats, anyone else in the same boat?

Red in Chicago
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
i still haven't received mine...i tried to call the number (513) 765-7500 included in the confirmation email, but never got an answer...

i guess i'll try again tomorrow morning...anyone else still waiting?

OnBaseMachine
03-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow! That's astounding. The pony express in WV isn't usually that fast. :mooner:

What can I say to that...you got me. :) ;)

GAC
03-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I still wait for the power pack seats, anyone else in the same boat?

Me neither. I still await in anticipation.

OldRightHander
03-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Still waiting too.

Red in Chicago
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
i just spoke to brent and he stated that the last of the power pack tickets just went out this week and that i should be receiving them in the next "couple of days"...well, if they just went out this week, then what are the odds of me receiving them in a couple of days? the email notifications state "no later than 2 weeks prior to opening day"...it really is lousy of the reds to wait until the last minute to get these tickets out...maybe next year, they should consider putting tickets on sale a little earlier...

i told him that i will be leaving for cincy prior to opening day since i am from out of town...i asked what the latest date that i should worry about before calling back if the tickets didn't arrive...he gave me a sarcastic "don't worry, you'll get your tickets" response and that if the tickets came back as undeliverable, i could pick them up at will call...well, the odds are greater that the tickets will be in transit, as opposed to being returned back to them by opening day...

i realize, he's probably received a lot of calls on this, but it's really their own fault for waiting so late...i'm pretty ticked off about this...

Ltlabner
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
My father said the package from Fed Ex showed up Monday. Of course, you have to sign for it and they weren't home at the time. So pops had to drive to downtown from Batavia to pick up the package of tickets. It's a minor thing, but inconvient. Of course, with the value of the tickets it's probably prudent to make sure the right person recieves them.

Sounds like a lot of things are not well thought out this year regarding the delivery to the tickets.

GAC
03-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Are they being sent out via Fed Ex where one has to sign for them?

Hmmm.... could be a problem since I'm a 3rd shifter and sleep during the day. They'd better leave a note on me door. ;)

KittyDuran
03-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Are they being sent out via Fed Ex where one has to sign for them?

Hmmm.... could be a problem since I'm a 3rd shifter and sleep during the day. They'd better leave a note on me door. ;)It might be a problem for me as well since the address is a P.O. Box....:eek:

Ltlabner
03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I posted that about the tickets comeing out Fed EX and they had to be signed for, but my father was only assuming those were really the tickets. I haven't talked to him since then.

I'll give him a call when I get a chance and see if those really were the tickets.

GAC
03-23-2007, 08:08 AM
I just called the Reds this morning, and they said that they were sent out beginning last Friday through this past Tuesday, and if you don't get them by next Monday you need to call them back.

Red in Chicago
03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I just called the Reds this morning, and they said that they were sent out beginning last Friday through this past Tuesday, and if you don't get them by next Monday you need to call them back.

nothing like waiting until the last minute...ridiculous:thumbdown

Joseph
03-23-2007, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the update. They were on my list to call today too, you saved me five minutes at least. :)

Buckeye33
03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I received mine today and it was not via FedEx or UPS. Straight US Postal. They come in a plain white envelope that has a return address of Concord, CA on it.

Looks very similar to a credit card offer envelope. So be careful.

KittyDuran
03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, I received my full season tickets today via USPS Priority Mail - of course in a much bigger envelope! Let's see... season tickets, calendar, Widmer coupons (carpet/dry cleaning), mailer from National City for a free Junior jersey T-shirt, 2007 Exchange Form for unused tickets, and one complimentary scoreboard message during the 2007 regular season (excluding OD)...:beerme:

GAC
03-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I received mine today and it was not via FedEx or UPS. Straight US Postal. They come in a plain white envelope that has a return address of Concord, CA on it.

I got no mail today.... but GAC is out digging through the trash from the last few days just in case. :mooner:

KronoRed
03-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, I received my full season tickets today via USPS Priority Mail - of course in a much bigger envelope! Let's see... season tickets, calendar, Widmer coupons (carpet/dry cleaning), mailer from National City for a free Junior jersey T-shirt, 2007 Exchange Form for unused tickets, and one complimentary scoreboard message during the 2007 regular season (excluding OD)...:beerme:

Showoff :p:

KittyDuran
03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Showoff :p:Hey, I'll let you touch them tomorrow...;) [tickets, that is...]

Ltlabner
03-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey, I'll let you touch them tomorrow...;) [tickets, that is...]

You are wise to clarify that for this crowd Kitty.

Virginia Beach Reds
03-23-2007, 10:35 PM
got mine today. big package.

go reds.

GAC
03-25-2007, 03:48 AM

Got mine yesterday. And you were right. Thanks for the heads up, because I was looking for the plain white envelope with a return address of Concord, CA., and sure enough.

Sure doesn't seem like a very secure way to be sending out ticket packages. My wife would have tossed that in the trash as another CC offer. :scared:

Joseph
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Still waiting here.

Joseph
03-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I finally called today and when redirected to call Tickets.com I was informed mine were mailed on the 5th and that I should have had them by now. Now I get to go through the joys of dealing with the Reds ticket office [who was actually polite and seemingly helpful when I had to call them after the Tickets.com rep told me to contact the Reds box office.] If I don't have the tickets by Friday [which obviously I won't if they were mailed so long ago] I have to call the Reds back and they will 'take care of me.'

Anyone gone through this kind of thing before? I'm guessing my tickets were mailed to the wrong people who probably sold them on eBay or are going to use them themselves and when I get to my set on Opening Day someone's going to be there with my tickets and that I'm going to go through this every single time I go to one of these powerpack games.

Advice? Informed opinion? Suggestions?

KittyDuran
03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I finally called today and when redirected to call Tickets.com I was informed mine were mailed on the 5th and that I should have had them by now. Now I get to go through the joys of dealing with the Reds ticket office [who was actually polite and seemingly helpful when I had to call them after the Tickets.com rep told me to contact the Reds box office.] If I don't have the tickets by Friday [which obviously I won't if they were mailed so long ago] I have to call the Reds back and they will 'take care of me.'

Anyone gone through this kind of thing before? I'm guessing my tickets were mailed to the wrong people who probably sold them on eBay or are going to use them themselves and when I get to my set on Opening Day someone's going to be there with my tickets and that I'm going to go through this every single time I go to one of these powerpack games.

Advice? Informed opinion? Suggestions?mailed on the 5th? My season tickets (full) were mailed on the 22nd. :confused:

KittyDuran
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Also, Joseph, has your mail come today? I also wonder if you could call your local post office.

Joseph
03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Mail hasn't come yet today. Well it probably has, but I don't get to check it until I get home around 5:30 CST. The wifes Uncle is actually our mail carrier here, so I'll be calling him to be on the lookout.

I know last year when we ordered tickets we got the tickets for someone else [in addition to ours] that was stuck to the back of our envelope. We called Tickets.com and returned them, but knowing this sort of thing can happen makes me have little faith in that company.

Ltlabner
03-26-2007, 02:43 PM

I've found that in simular situations what can be effective is to call the folks at Tickets.com every few hours asking for an update. Don't be a jerk, but be firm and tell them they have to get you your tickets. When they say, "you have to call the Reds", politley but firmly tell them, "I'll be glad to hold while you confrence them into our call".

They mailed the tickets on the 5th. Unless you live in lower Slombovia, you should have them by now. As the ticket providers they should be the ones doing the leg work with the post office, Reds, etc. Just keep calling them and don't settle for being jerked around or having to do your own leg work.

Smile, be polite and then tell them "you will find my tickets and find them now". That's usually much more effective than yelling or threatening. It's a pain to intrupt your work, but if you can call them till you drive them bonkers, coupled with a stern, but polite demenor you'll usually get great results.

Good luck.

Red in Chicago
03-26-2007, 07:26 PM

No advise from me Joseph, as I'M STILL WAITING AS WELL...I've been going to the post office every day for the last two weeks, with no results. (My mail goes to a post office box). I'm going to call the Reds tomorrow morning to see what they can tell me about my tickets...It's really ticking me off, since I'm going to be coming in from out of town. I do not want to take a chance on driving all the way out there, only to be turned away at the gates. Not to mention paying for a hotel room for no reason at all.

When I spoke with the Reds last week, they stated that the last of the mailings had occured around Tuesday or Wednesday, which is basically what they told GAC. I really could go postal about now:devil:

KittyDuran
03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
RIC and Joseph... have your gotten your tickets yet? [and if not, have your called?]

Red in Chicago
03-28-2007, 01:41 PM
i just checked my mail and still no tickets...i've called tickets.com and the reds ticket office and both places gave me the same story...call back by saturday if you haven't received your tickets by then...they would then void out the real tickets and have a new set for me at will call...needless to say, i am not happy with this process...i'm afraid of driving all the way to cincy, only to be given a hard time about getting into the stadium...

i personally have never used will call...any advise as to how that actually works? in other words, how early can you go there to pick up your tickets? my mail is delivered to a post office box, but my drivers license shows my real address so that's another issue i'm afraid of causing problems...

this is the first time i've had any issues with tickets and it really has been an annoying experience...the next three trips to the post office will determine my mood for the weekend...

for what i hear, joseph's story is even aggrevating:bang:

KittyDuran
03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
i just checked my mail and still no tickets...i've called tickets.com and the reds ticket office and both places gave me the same story...call back by saturday if you haven't received your tickets by then...they would then void out the real tickets and have a new set for me at will call...needless to say, i am not happy with this process...i'm afraid of driving all the way to cincy, only to be given a hard time about getting into the stadium...

i personally have never used will call...any advise as to how that actually works? in other words, how early can you go there to pick up your tickets? my mail is delivered to a post office box, but my drivers license shows my real address so that's another issue i'm afraid of causing problems...

this is the first time i've had any issues with tickets and it really has been an annoying experience...the next three trips to the post office will determine my mood for the weekend...

for what i hear, joseph's story is even aggrevating:bang:Will call is fine and I think you can pick up your tickets the same time the gates open... as far as your driver's license having a different address - I would think that they are just looking for a picture ID but I'd bring along a piece of mail from that PO Box just in case. Also, get names and something in writing - like an email to bring to the ballpark.

Cedric
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM

for what i hear, joseph's story is even aggrevating:bang:

Not a fun situation. My friend had this same thing happen for the first ever game at GAB. Tickets.com had mailed the tickets out to the wrong adress and the guy sold them to a card dealer in Fairfield. When my friend showed up at the will call they made him feel like a complete jerk and asked if he had sold on EBAY.

Hopefully you don't have anything like that happen. Not scaring you, just be careful because someone might be heated about this.

Red in Chicago
03-29-2007, 07:07 PM
finally, they have arrived...whewww!!!!

KittyDuran
03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
finally, they have arrived...whewww!!!!That's great RIC!!!:beerme: Now let's hope for Joseph!:pray:

OldRightHander
03-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Still waiting...

KittyDuran
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Still waiting...Here's a :pray: for you too ORH...

Yachtzee
03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Still waiting...

I can only hope you are more patient that I am. My nerves would be completely wracked by now.

Red in Chicago
03-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Still waiting...

if it's any consolation orh, my envelope wasn't postmarked until 3/26...

KittyDuran
03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
if it's any consolation orh, my envelope wasn't postmarked until 3/26...As mentioned earlier in this thread, my SEASON tickets were postmarked 3/22 and I ordered them before the power packs were put on sale.

Joseph
03-29-2007, 10:51 PM
As I was telling RIC, I've got my issues sorted, sort of lol.

I called on Monday and told tickets.com I had not received the tickets yet, so they canceled them and told me to get them at Will Call. Well, when I got home Monday, waiting in my box was the tickets. So I tried to call back and see if there was an 'undo' button lol, but they said no, just to call the Reds and be sure they'd be held at Will Call. When I did that, I talked to a sweet little old lady who really didn't sound a lot like she knew what was going on and told me I needed to call tickets.com. No matter how many times I tried to explain to her that I already had called them, she kept telling me to call them.

Fortunately I had an alternate number I was given by a ticket person with the Reds earlier, so I called it and talked to a very nice lady named Amanda who looked up my order and assured me my tickets were to be at Will Call and that I should be able to pick up the entire Power Pack that day as well.

So the issue is sort of resolved really :)

OldRightHander
03-30-2007, 11:33 PM
They didn't arrive today either. I called the Reds and explained the situation and the woman told me that they will be reprinted and available at will call Saturday. I'm going to run down there sometime during the day tomorrow and pick them up. I don't want to risk arriving at will call Monday and having to deal with what might be a lengthy line.