PDA

View Full Version : Reds Radio Network

KanawhaVT
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have a link to a list of AM/FM radio stations that carry Reds games? Thanks.

Matt700wlw
03-12-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.700wlw.com/pages/redsaffiliates.html

KanawhaVT
03-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks. Its interesting that there is a station in Mississippi. Never would have guessed.

Matt700wlw
03-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I forgot about that. That is interesting.

Joseph
03-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I just emailed my local station suggesting they become a Reds affiliate. Mr Tony would just launch an email jihad, but I don't have any minions.

MississippiRed
03-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks. Its interesting that there is a station in Mississippi. Never would have guessed.

Hey, we have a few smart people down here. I took my son to play golf today (spring break) and we saw a guy with a Reds hat. Turns out he is a PGM (Professional Golf Management) major here at MSU.

jnwohio
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Here's wishing that Clear Channel would get smart and put the weekday afternoon games (at least the game play by play, if not the whole package) on one of their FM outlets in the Cincy/ Dayton area.

I work in an office where AM does not penetrate, internet audio streaming is blocked, and tracking the action on the internet via browser is in the "gray area" at best. However most FM comes in loud and clear and we are permitted to listen to it so long as it does not disturb other workers. Am I the only one whose place of work has such restrictions and reception problems?

Yachtzee
03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
However most FM comes in loud and clear and we are permitted to listen to it so long as it does not disturb other workers.

Do they let you keep the red Swingline stapler too? ;)

jnwohio
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Do they let you keep the red Swingline stapler too? ;)

Maybe, depends who is in charge. Up until two summers ago, I sat along an outside wall and could just barely get WLW well enough to follow the action on an earphone thru the static. Then our floor plan got redone and I got moved all of maybe 50 feet but it might as well been to Siberia or the Anarctic. Now I am surrounded by a concrete block wall and my AM radio is indunated with various electrical interferences from machinery regasrdless of whether I run it on the mains or with battery power.

03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Is the list actually current? A few years ago, several stations in west central Indiana were listed, but none of them carried the games. I always assumed the list was just old.

OesterPoster
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I work in an office where AM does not penetrate, internet audio streaming is blocked, and tracking the action on the internet via browser is in the "gray area" at best. However most FM comes in loud and clear and we are permitted to listen to it so long as it does not disturb other workers. Am I the only one whose place of work has such restrictions and reception problems?

I had the same problem when I worked in Dayton. AM reception is horrible in those office buildings with all the fluorescent lighting. I never understood why they didn't broadcast the Reds on one of the crappier FM stations. It'd have to get better ratings than jazz or oldies or whatever.

Where I work now, we are not blocking streaming audio yet, but we're about to start blocking all streaming audio and video. We're tired of users complaining about this and that being slow, so we'll see how they like the speed when we block their internet radio access. :D

Yachtzee
03-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Maybe, depends who is in charge. Up until two summers ago, I sat along an outside wall and could just barely get WLW well enough to follow the action on an earphone thru the static. Then our floor plan got redone and I got moved all of maybe 50 feet but it might as well been to Siberia or the Anarctic. Now I am surrounded by a concrete block wall and my AM radio is indunated with various electrical interferences from machinery regasrdless of whether I run it on the mains or with battery power.

That's too bad. I had that problem once, working in a Data Center with no windows. Well, there were windows, but they remodeled the floor so that the managers got new offices with windows and we got walls with doors to said offices. I was going to say if you had window access, think about investing in an XM radio. You can get a home kit and stick the antenna in the window. That's how I get the games in my house.

jnwohio
03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
That's too bad. I had that problem once, working in a Data Center with no windows. Well, there were windows, but they remodeled the floor so that the managers got new offices with windows and we got walls with doors to said offices. I was going to say if you had window access, think about investing in an XM radio. You can get a home kit and stick the antenna in the window. That's how I get the games in my house.

Data Center is the operative word from above; and there are of course no windows. Some of the electrical noise is from the heavy metal on the floor and the rest is from the air handlers which are right behind that concrete wall I sit up against. They pretty much cover the entire spectrum and obliterate AM freqs.

sonny
03-14-2007, 05:31 AM
one of the Columbus affiliates 1230 AM carries Air America and EVERY RESET they say "Your Columbus home for Al Franken, Stephanie Miller, and the Cincinnati Reds" Over a super choppy version of the guitar riff of "Reds on the Radio"

EVERY RESET!