PDA

View Full Version : C. Trent Rosecrans is a Hoot

Rotater Cuff
03-14-2007, 06:02 AM
This guy is turning into a real treasure. He's developed some great catchphrases, just since spring training started. The first game against the Yankees, when he nicknamed them "Pure Evil". Says it all. Then he's talking about Legends Field: "Leg-GAG-ends" field. His Clowns for Christ Observation was funny too. He picked up on "The Natural" comparisons right away, and refers to Hobbs and Wonderboy.
McCoy is funny, and he is a great writer, but the thing Rosecrans brings to the game is his energy. How many beat writers have blogged the game during the game? We'll get a quick summary, but his is more comprehensive. And while blogging, he somehow takes the time to actually reply to his feedbacks, talking about old times, etc while presumably also writing his column for tomorrow's newspaper.
If, as they are saying, the Post is in its final year, I hope that another media outlet recognizes his talent and keeps him on. He has made following the Reds a little more exciting while making you smile. Check him out:
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

MartyFan
03-14-2007, 06:09 AM
On the Clowns for Christ video it says "There are a few commons sense things that every clown should know before going into a nursing home...."

1) Don't surprise anyone

BubbaFan
03-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Agreed, Trent is terrific. The man understands what blogging is all about.

Team Clark
03-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I enjoy his mockery and his insight. No one will be plagerizing his work.

OesterPoster
03-14-2007, 08:55 AM
I enjoy his mockery and his insight. No one will be plagerizing his work.

His ongoing infatuation with the fan "CC" at Sarasota is hilarious.

Always Red
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
no surprise to me, he was also excellent in his coverage of the Bearcats, and his UC blog had the same humorous edge.

I hope Trent sticks with Cincinnati and the Reds for a while, and doesn't get a hankering to go back to the south...:thumbup:

Puffy
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Have you looked at his picture? You better have a sense of humor when you look like that.

Same reason RFS62 is witty.

Team Clark
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Have you looked at his picture? You better have a sense of humor when you look like that.

Same reason RFS62 is witty.

True, BUT how good looking do you have to be to play Tennis and Golf? :laugh: I need to give that old codger a call today.

Puffy
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
True, BUT how good looking do you have to be to play Tennis and Golf? :laugh: I need to give that old codger a call today.

Call before 3 O'clock - thats when he hits the early bird special at Denny's. Wednesday is Salisbury steak day :thumbup:

Always Red
03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
C Trent from his blog, bottom of the 8th last night:

Nothing too exciting. We have pretty much backups everywhere in this game now. No. 93 is on deck for the Yanks. That tells you about all you need to know. And Bellhorn's at third. They said this season Bellhorn could play three positions, I think it's more accurate to say he can stand at three positions. Or has the right glove for three positions.

:laugh: :laugh:

If Bellhorn sticks, a lot of the Castro bashers around these parts are going to be begging for Castro play defense instead of Bellhorn. (BTW, I understand it's not Castro per se, it's the amount of $ WK is paying him to be a utility infielder).

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/default.asp

pedro
03-14-2007, 11:46 AM
He's also a fan of Sleeter Kinney.

Redsland
03-14-2007, 11:58 AM
If I were Randy Jackson, I'd tell Trent that I wasn't feeling it. Kinda pitchy. Just ai'ght.

That's if I were Randy Jackson.

TOBTTReds
03-14-2007, 12:07 PM
That Bellhorne quote had me laughing last night too. I hope we are known as the unstoppables during may, june, and october.

Topcat
03-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I am loving his blog and he is writing it as a fan and it shows. I am truly impressed by Mr. Trent.

ND_redsfan10
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Dittos to what Topcat said. Hopefully C. Trent can continue to thrive for the Post...it's unfortunate (and ironic), but it's blogs and internet news services that have dwindled away the Post's readership the past five to ten years. Hopefully it recognizes the value of having C. Trent aboard.

RedEye
03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
That Bellhorne quote had me laughing last night too. I hope we are known as the unstoppables during may, june, and october.

What about April, July, and September? Oh, maybe you are just trying to stay realistic. :D

Doc. Scott
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
His ongoing infatuation with the fan "CC" at Sarasota is hilarious.

I've seen other commentary that just thinks it's creepy, though. I'm with you, I think it's funny- but don't be surprised if you stop hearing about her.

BubbaFan
03-14-2007, 05:41 PM
He said she hasn't been around. And that he has a new woman in his sites...one who knows he exists. Much less creepy. ;-)

Touchdown Jesus
03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Rosecrans kinda reminds me a little of Bill Simmons of ESPN.com Page 2.

I love it.

SirFelixCat
03-14-2007, 11:07 PM
I am loving his blog and he is writing it as a fan and it shows. I am truly impressed by Mr. Trent.

Agreed. Not a slam on Marc, at all. Just a different "take" on things and I, for one, love it. He's an asset to the Post and to us Reds fans...:thumbup: :beerme:

guttle11
03-14-2007, 11:13 PM
His blog is awesome. I hope he stays on the Reds beat somewhere after this year.

reds44
03-14-2007, 11:18 PM
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C142/

I almost feel bad for Marc. He never gets any comments on his blog down in Tampa. He had to figure that was gonna happen though.

Nugget
03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Also C.Trent not far from controversy.

Just today - defending Junior and calling Peter Rose a liar.

Chip R
03-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Also C.Trent not far from controversy.

Just today - defending Junior and calling Peter Rose a liar.

Welll, the latter comment is like saying the sun comes up in the east.

Yachtzee
03-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Welll, the latter comment is like saying the sun comes up in the east.

Of course, in realm of Cincinnati sports, it may be more like taking a globe into a meeting of the Flat Earth Society.

westofyou
03-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Of course, in realm of Cincinnati sports, it may be more like taking a globe into a meeting of the Flat Earth Society.

True, here's a joke that ran around Cincinnati in the late 80's

"Hey did you hear the news about Pete Rose?"

"Nope... I haven't read the Cleveland paper today."

Chip R
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
True, here's a joke that ran around Cincinnati in the late 80's

"Hey did you hear the news about Pete Rose?"

"Nope... I haven't read the Cleveland paper today."

:)