PDA

View Full Version : Is Steve Stewart doing radio?

Jim Fazio
03-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I read that Stewart will talk about the rain delay. Is he back on radio?

KronoRed
03-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Sadly no, he's only doing ST games on the net this spring.

TOBTTReds
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Sadly no, he's only doing ST games on the net this spring.

I think he is doing a very good job this spring...although, I have not enjoyed him whatsoever in the past. I think maybe some reality hit when they didn't re-up his contract and he might feel like he has a second life now with the webcasts. His emotions have all changed quite a bit and he describes plays a lot better. Gets my most improved award already.

Cedric
03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I think he is doing a very good job this spring...although, I have not enjoyed him whatsoever in the past. I think maybe some reality hit when they didn't re-up his contract and he might feel like he has a second life now with the webcasts. His emotions have all changed quite a bit and he describes plays a lot better. Gets my most improved award already.

That's good to hear. Seemed like a very nice guy. Just couldn't describe plays to save his life.

bucksfan2
03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I wasn't a big fan of steward. He just always seemed akward when describing a play. I also think that he didn't have the best voice for radio. But I wish him the best.

redsfan1966
03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Good luck to Steve--I still dont know why the Reds brass brought him back....a clean break is always best when dismissing employees--but I still think they felt a little bad about how the whole thing went down when Steve was let go...in a perfect world I would like to see George Grande leave and Steve take over on the TV side....

TOBTTReds
03-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Good luck to Steve--I still dont know why the Reds brass brought him back....a clean break is always best when dismissing employees--but I still think they felt a little bad about how the whole thing went down when Steve was let go...in a perfect world I would like to see George Grande leave and Steve take over on the TV side....

Steve is on the Reds Speakers Beureau. So he is still with them. Just not doing any radio work. Not really sure what the RSB is, but it sounds good that they kept him.

PS - Grande and SS on TV would make me ill.

redsfan1966
03-16-2007, 05:47 PM
the RSB has been around....i remember former broadcaster Gordy Coleman was part of it....not so sure Steve is the best guy to go to Kiwanis and Jaycee clubs preaching Reds baseball.. more a Nuxhall or Tom Browning type job if you ask me...

LINEDRIVER
03-17-2007, 12:18 AM
I read that Stewart is under contract with the Reds thru March 31, 2007.

Unassisted
03-17-2007, 12:30 AM
I wasn't a big fan of steward. He just always seemed akward when describing a play. I also think that he didn't have the best voice for radio. But I wish him the best.

I thought he was much less awkward on the webcasts . There's a definite advantage to working games in a situation where he didn't have to avoid stepping on a prickly partner's toes.