PDA

View Full Version : Arena Football anyone???

redsfan1966
03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Just thought I get a feel about the popularity of the AFL...the "major league" of arena football (yeah, I know, what an oxymoron)...but I have found myself becoming a bigger and bigger fan of the arena game and our local team, the Destroyers the more I attend games. It flies in the face of what most of us baseball fans preach--less flash and noise; more emphasis on actual game play, please--but taking it for what it pretty much is, sports entertainment, I find it enjoyable.

So much that for the Destroyer opener next Saturday, my wife was able to score some front row seats--which is really nice if a football comes into the stands--you get to keep it. I find the fast paced action exciting and compared to the other "major" sport we have here in C-Bus, the NHL--much more fun to watch...so are there any other arena football fans out there??

TeamBoone
03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
The Cincinnati Jungle Kats open March 31. A bunch of the players were at the Cyclones hockey game tonight promoting the team. It was fun to get up close and personal with them... and Little Team Griffey was soaking it right up!

redsfan1966
03-17-2007, 08:48 PM
What league are the Jungle Kats in --af2?

Heath
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Indoor football is so popular that Dayton has two teams. I'll get back to you on the names.

Red Leader
03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Indoor football is so popular that Dayton has two teams. I'll get back to you on the names.

Isn't one of them the WarHawks, or something like that :dunno:

no idea.

nycredsfan
03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Dayton has the Cincinnati Marshals. They play at Hara Arena after losing their home to the Jungle Kats. They are part of the NIFL.

Nearby, we also have the Miami Valley Silverbacks, who are part of the CIFL and play at the Hobart Arena in Troy

Red Leader
03-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Dayton has the Cincinnati Marshals. They play at Hara Arena after losing their home to the Jungle Kats. They are part of the NIFL.

Nearby, we also have the Miami Valley Silverbacks, who are part of the CIFL and play at the Hobart Arena in Troy

Thanks.

Never really considered it, but I bet my son would enjoy these games. He likes every possible thing about football. What do tickets cost for these games, any idea?

nycredsfan
03-19-2007, 11:50 AM
It was the Warbirds. They are no more.

Johnny Footstool
03-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I went to a KC Brigade game last season. It was like watching a high school game between two teams I didn't care about. At least there was beer.

Heath
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks.

Never really considered it, but I bet my son would enjoy these games. He likes every possible thing about football. What do tickets cost for these games, any idea?

Silverback tickets start at $10. I checked.

TeamBoone
03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
What league are the Jungle Kats in --af2?

I think I remember seeing somewhere that it's af2, but I can't remember where.

Here's the link to the website: http://www.junglekatsfootball.com/

Chip R
03-19-2007, 02:41 PM
TB, one of the things to be aware of at Arena football games is that it is LOUD. They have music going between plays and posessions plus PA announcements. I know TG isn't a big fan of loud noises so you might want to take that into account before you go to a game.

redsfan1966
03-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Arena football probably would be a hoot for kids...the flash and loud music would seem to be right up there alley...plus the games are affordable.