PDA

View Full Version : Redzoners MLB Power Rankings

jmac
03-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Just curious on everyone's top teams.

1: New York Yankees - this team is loaded offensively with a decent starting
rotation and of course Rivera closing

2: Bosox - maybe best rotation in MLB with Schilling..Beckett..Dice K ..
Papelbon and Wakefield ....Offence not too shabby either

3: Detroit- Good starters , relievers and now add Sheffield

4: Chisox - still to be reckoned with

5: Phillies- okay..okay...I just had to put an NL team in here.

This is over a 162 game schedule because in a short series for example, I would take the Bosox or Det over NY.
Also the lack of dominating NL teams is one reason I think Reds can hang around.
Side notes...The Twins starters just dont impress me right now outside of Santana.
Cleveland is a "surprise" team but Lee out will not help their cause.
NY Mets...great offence but as a zoner posted in another thread, Reds rotation maybe better.

mth123
03-16-2007, 05:20 PM
1. Red Sox - Offense Improved with Crisp back and Drew added. Top Rotation if Dice-K is for real. They have money to solve the closer issue.

2. Detroit - Best 1 to 12 Pitching in Baseball. Sheffield fixes biggest weakness from 2006. Guillen ability to play SS could be key.

3. Yankees - All Star Line-up. Decent top 3 starters but no real Ace. Wang may disappoint in 2007 after heavy inning load in 2006 (over 50 more than in 2005) and low K-Rate makes him susceptable to range challenged Cano-Jeter combo.

4. Philly - Deep Rotation, some offensive studs in the IF. Need help in the Bullpen.

5. LA Dodgers - Depth everywhere. Good all around pitching. Offensive help if needed with Loney and Kemp not in the starting line-up. No real top stud on offense.

hebroncougar
03-16-2007, 06:34 PM
1. Detroit............they will be hungry, hungry after falling short last year. If they stay healthy, they have the best pitching staff by far.
2. Cleveland...........anxious to atone for what should have been last year. I think they bounce back in a big way. (and I'm a Reds fan saying that)
3. LA Angels.........good mix of vets and youth. Only thing they are missing is a bonafide stud pitcher in their rotation, if Colon doesn't comeback healthy.
3a. Oakland..........best GM in baseball..........studs for young pitchers, obp machines at the plate, they'd dominate the NL.
5. Philadelphia...........if they can turn their extra SP into good corner of'er they could dominate the NL this season.

I'm not sold on the Red Sox or the Yankees and their creaky rotations. And I think their very well could be a mutiny in Chicago this year as Ozzie Guillen's act wears thin on the players.

GoGoWhiteSox
03-18-2007, 12:15 AM
And I think their very well could be a mutiny in Chicago this year as Ozzie Guillen's act wears thin on the players.
That will only happen if the team starts losing. I don't really see that team having a losing season anytime soon. Of course, my screen name would give my bias away!:p:

jmcclain19
03-18-2007, 02:31 AM
1 - Angels - My WS pick this year - Brandon Wood becomes the 3B savior they've been waiting for & Kendrick contends for the AL batting title. Kotchman finally plays 135 games & puts up solid numbers - and with their hitting finally matching their stellar pitching they go from an also ran to a WS contender.
2 - Phillies - Have everything in the right place to be the best team in baseball. Freddy Garcia will be this year's Bronson Arroyo. If Burrell goes off this year - watchout. A Howard/Utley/Burrell trio going off would be just flat out nasty.
3 - Twins - This of course will be an end of season ranking. The Twins will have to pull themselves up the power poll just like last year after going two months with Ramon Ortiz & Sidney Ponson in the rotation. It's as if Terry Ryan wasn't paying attention last spring. After Matt Garza & Glen Perkins take over, things will be back to normal - ie - the Twins dominant.
4 - Blue Jays - 2007 will be the year of the Blue Kool-aid.
5 - Red Sox/Yankees - One is going to be awful this year. I honestly think its "Pick 'em" as far as who will be a contender and who will bomb on a large scale. But they both have the money to take on bad contracts of above average players so they'll be players after the trade deadline and thus, in the thick of it.