PDA

View Full Version : My projection of where Reds top prospects will begin 2007 season

OnBaseMachine
03-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not going to even attempt to project the 25-man rosters for all four of the Reds full season minor league teams, but I'm gonna take a crack at projecting where our better prospects (among others) will begin the 2007 season.

Projected 2007 Louisville roster:

Outfielders:

Chris Denorfia
Chris Dickerson
Norris Hopper
Bubba Crosby
Tyrell Godwin

Infielders:

Joey Votto
Jerry Gil
Anderson Machado
Jesse Gutierrez
Jeff Keppinger

Catchers:

Craig Tatum
Chad Moeller

Pitchers:

Homer Bailey
Jon Coutlangus
Steve Kelly
Carlos Guevara
Bobby Livingston
Brad Salmon
Phil Dumatrait
Elizardo Ramirez
Brian Shackelford
Edward Valdez

Projected 2007 Chattanooga roster:

Outfielders:

Cody Strait
Noochie Varner

Infielders:

Tonys Gutierrez
Paul Janish
Drew Anderson
Aaron Herr
Adam Rosales
Jeremiah Piepkorn

Catchers:

Ryan Hanigan

Pitchers:

Johnny Cueto
Tyler Pelland
Sam Lecure
Carlos Fisher
Calvin Medlock
Camilo Vazquez
Jan Granado
James Avery
Jim Paduch

Projected 2007 Sarasota roster:

Outfielders:

Jay Bruce
BJ Szymanski
Josh Holden
Chris Heisey

Infielders:

Chris Valaika
Yoni Lasso
Michael Griffin
Michael DeJesus
Eric Eymann

Catcher:

Anthony Esquer

Pitchers:

Travis Wood
Sean Watson
Derrik Lutz
Bo Lanier
Logan Ondrusek
Daniel Guerrero
Richie Gardner
Eric Schaler
Josh Roenicke
Jeremy Burchett
Kevin Gunter

Projected 2007 Dayton roster:

Outfielders:

Drew Stubbs
Danny Dorn
Justin Reed
Denis Phipps
Michael Jones

Infielders:

Milton Loo
Justin Turner
Logan Parker
Juan Francisco
Angel Cabrera
Rafael Sanchez
Kevyn Feiner
Jason Louwsma

Catchers:

Jacob Long
Justin Tordi

Pitchers:

Josh Ravin
Jamie Arneson
Travis Webb
Rafael Gonzalez
Phillipe Valiquette
Terrell Young
Wirfin Obispo(hopefully)
Tzu-Kai Chiu(though he may start in rookie ball)
Jordan Smith
Brandon Rice
Robert Nickols

I'm holding out hope for Obispo.:)

Thoughts?

dougdirt
03-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Craig Tatum in Louisville? Skipping Sarasota and Chattanooga?

Rosales in AA? I bet we see Rosales in Dayton or Sarasota playing a new position (second base probably).

I think the chances of Obispo in Dayton are about 5000/1.

I also think that depending on what the team plans on doing with Watson determines where he starts. If they still plan on using him as a starter, I bet he sees Dayton. If he is going to be a reliever, then Sarasota is where he goes.

Carlos Fisher will start in Sarasota I bet.

Those are my thoughts, the rest looks good.

OnBaseMachine
03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Someone already posted (maybe Travis Wood's mom) that Tatum was beginning the season in Louisville.

dougdirt
03-17-2007, 01:36 PM
She said he is playing with them. So was Jay Bruce. I dont think either of them will start there though.

JaxRed
03-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Playing with a certain team in spring training (especially at beginning) doesn't mean much. Tatum will probably be at Sarasota. And Dickerson has already been optioned to AA (which us where I assumed he'd be)

dougdirt
03-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Playing with a certain team in spring training (especially at beginning) doesn't mean much. Tatum will probably be at Sarasota. And Dickerson has already been optioned to AA (which us where I assumed he'd be)

On the Dickerson front, while he was optioned to AA, he played with Louisville in their spring opener and hit a HR and scored twice according to the Bats official website. Probably just playing filler until cuts trickle down, but its nice that he is hitting still. I am really hoping he can build on his second half of last year.

HokieRed
03-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Hasn't Eddy Valdez been signed by the Nationals?

OnBaseMachine
03-17-2007, 03:44 PM
He may have though I was unaware of it.

Superdude
03-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Dayton should be fun to watch this year.

HokieRed
03-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Valdez is currently listed as a non-roster invitee with the Nats.

Jefferson24
03-18-2007, 12:04 AM
What became of Brock Till? He was a pitcher with the Lookouts last year. I don't know much about him other than he was born in my town and grew up not far from here (Macomb, IL). His numbers weren't bad 6 and 1 with a 2.17 era.

BEETTLEBUG
03-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Brock Is Listed On The Non-roster List Invite To Major Camp On Reds Web Site.

Luvsbaseball
03-18-2007, 12:05 PM
OMB, I think I read in one of our transactions that we release Yoni Lasso. (if i'm remembering right).
And Valiquette hasn't reported to Spring Training.

OnBaseMachine
03-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks. I didn't think Valiquette had reported yet but I still stuck him because that's most likely where he'll start if/when he returns.

JaxRed
03-18-2007, 12:58 PM
OMB, I think I read in one of our transactions that we release Yoni Lasso. (if i'm remembering right).
And Valiquette hasn't reported to Spring Training.

Hope Valiquette changes his mind. That will be a decision he regrets the rest of his life. I think about the kids undergoing multiple surgeries, and month after month of rehab who HAVE to call it quits. It bothers me to see a kid quit just because he's homesick and/or the road got a little rough.

I hope the Reds retain his rights for a while.

TRF
03-19-2007, 12:43 PM
If Pelland repeats AA, it will be the first time he's repeated a level.

I'm hoping he repeats and steps his game up. He's a power LH with a big curve from all the reports I've read. And he's been over promoted every year for the past 2 years. He needs a dominating year at Chatt to really cement his prospect status.

That said, I bet he's in Louisville this year. He's light years better than Dumatrait.

IamWallaman
03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Didn't Holbert retire and become a hitting coach?

BEETTLEBUG
03-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Yes.

fargo55
03-20-2007, 02:13 AM
That is a great crack at it ON Base Machine. I spent 12 days in Sarasota and saw some of the guys of the intra-squad scrimmages/games. There's no way I could have done the job half as well. The issues of some players moving on was something I didn't catch while there. The infields seem solid and I liked the catchers placements. The pitching took courage as a project. The guys I noticed before I left, were about solid at AAA and AA. The low A and High A pitchers were all close. I did notice that Terrell Young was out with a shoulder injury, so I don't know how that might change the staffs. You included Schaler twice and I think Ryan Williams played well enough so far, to be at Sarasota. Some of the others may stay on for extended ST. Yount was throwing very well when I saw him go two innings intrasquad. My compliments to a great effort.

Redman15
03-20-2007, 11:47 AM
I was in Sarasota last weekend. It looks like Valaika will be in Dayton. They did a promo for the Dragons with Stubbs,Valaika and Turner. Francisco hit a monster bomb into the parking lot and broke a window in a car 2 rows back. He is going to be fun to watch.