PDA

View Full Version : Bray and Majewski pitch bullpen sessions, feel and look good respectively

Tom Servo
03-18-2007, 09:58 AM
From John Fay:

BRAY OK: Left-hander Bill Bray felt good Saturday after a bullpen session Friday.

Narron said the plan is to get Bray back in a game, probably Wednesday.

MAJEWSKI PLANS: Narron said Gary Majewski was impressive in a bullpen session Saturday. The plan is to have him pitch in a game in about a week.

Falls City Beer
03-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Why would anyone trust a word Majewski said concerning his health?

TOBTTReds
03-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Why would anyone trust a word Majewski said concerning his health?

How about anyone but Griffey. Paul Wilson and Eric Milton are the biggest "I'm fine" criminals.

M2
03-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I tend to take a view that when a guy is suffering from an unspecified ailment that you ought not to assume he'll be healthy and able to pitch well until he's taken the mound and pitched well.

Redlegs
03-18-2007, 10:34 AM
There's a line between being gutsy and being selfish. If a player is really hurt and can't help the team yet lies about it, he's being selfish.

Joseph
03-18-2007, 11:22 AM
There's a line between being gutsy and being selfish. If a player is really hurt and can't help the team yet lies about it, he's being selfish.

And Spring Training is the time to find these things out. Better that he [or anyone] give up four runs in 1/3 of an inning of Grapefruit League ball rather than against the Cardinals in June.

Rocket_Fuel
03-18-2007, 05:29 PM
How about anyone but Griffey. Paul Wilson and Eric Milton are the biggest "I'm fine" criminals.

I think Pete Harnish would beg to be added to your list. The guy's arm was falling off and he lied about his health because it was a contract year.

Team Clark
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
I think Pete Harnish would beg to be added to your list. The guy's arm was falling off and he lied about his health because it was a contract year.

At least he could pull a win out of his butt with halfway decent stuff. :thumbup:

Nugget
03-18-2007, 09:52 PM
If you have a read of C.Trent's blog you will see that where Junior's I'm fine comments are coming from.

Spitball
03-19-2007, 12:00 AM

It is their livelyhood. Hopefully, they have the drive to continue their careers. Also, they have families. I don't see anything selfish about talking about health when it is really his performance that will dictate his future. How is a player being selfish if he lies about an injury? Why put any doubt into the minds of those who decide his future? It will be his performance that decides his place on the team. Hey, would you go to your boss and tell him/her something that might cost you your job?

cacollinsmba
03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
It is their livelyhood. Hopefully, they have the drive to continue their careers. Also, they have families. I don't see anything selfish about talking about health when it is really his performance that will dictate his future. How is a player being selfish if he lies about an injury? Why put any doubt into the minds of those who decide his future? It will be his performance that decides his place on the team. Hey, would you go to your boss and tell him/her something that might cost you your job?

I have frequently been curious as to why the Reds (and probably a lot of teams) do not seem to be more proactive in preventive medicine. Not sure if this is a union issue or what. If I had the slightest doubt that a player was not telling the whole story with an ailment, I'd have them sent in for an MRI. It just seems like a small price to pay for the amount of investment you have to make for a major league payroll.