PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Help Needed

Red in Chicago
03-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi,
A couple of questions about Windows Vista:

How do you get the emails from Outlook Express to Windows Mail? I've tried importing, but it can't locate the .dbx file. Do I need to change the file extension? Microsoft stated this would be automatic when the upgrade occured.
I also use Outlook and now can't receive emails. When I hit Send/Receive, I get an error message stating I don't have the appropriate permission.

iTunes and Vista-- When I try to open iTunes, I get an error message "The folder "iTunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder."
I've updated the security on this folder, but no luck.

RedsMan3203
03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Throw it away... Its Junk! :)

Sorry - I'm not running Vista, nor do I plan on it... Best best is google it...

I've heard some rumblings about the mail.... But haven't seen any answers on it.

RM

WVRed
03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
iTunes and Vista-- When I try to open iTunes, I get an error message "The folder "iTunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder."
I've updated the security on this folder, but no luck.

I wouldn't swear to this, but I have heard that Windows is trying to block out I-tunes, especially now with Zune on the market.

If thats the case, you might read around and see what other people are doing to bypass it, but you pretty much do it at your own risk.

zombielady
03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Go back to XP....

WebScorpion
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I can't answer your question because I haven't used Vista yet, but I'm getting ready to buy/build a new PC and my plan is to set up the new box to dual boot from XP or Vista. That way I can boot into XP when I want to get something done and boot to Vista when I want to try it out. The plan is to phase out the XP part eventually but only time will tell.

asboog
03-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I can't help you with the outlook problem but I do know that itunes was having problems with microsoft vista. Microsoft changed some of it's global files (security issues) that itunes relied upon. Here is some info from apple about what they have fixed and what they are currently working on.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305042

Hope this helps a little.