PDA

View Full Version : Future rotation...

coachw513
03-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Depth, pitching depth...can you believe it :eek:

Not a wealth of quality yet, but compared to '04-'06 this is incredibly encouraging...we're worrying about finding ways to keep bullpen guys and ways to trade others (that actually might be wanted :rolleyes: ), and then we see this in today's Enquirer:

The Reds probably will have a rotation of Homer Bailey, Elizardo Ramirez, Michael Gosling, Phil Dumatrait and Bobby Livingston at Triple-A.

Considering the Lizard and Gosling were with the big club last year (and Livingston certainly would have been were he here), we've obviously improved in this area...

Nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:

Oh, by the way in case you couldn't tell (and by our vitriolic discussions of him, most can't :D ) Eric Milton is working on a sinker...maybe Valentin just didn't call for any the first 3 innings yesterday

Also from the Enquirer:

"I've been working on a sinker," he (Milton) said. "Some days it's good. Some days it's not. It was good in the minor-league game.

"I think it can be a good pitch for me, get more groundballs instead of flyballs."

You think?? :rolleyes:

redsmetz
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Depth, pitching depth...can you believe it :eek:

Not a wealth of quality yet, but compared to '04-'06 this is incredibly encouraging...we're worrying about finding ways to keep bullpen guys and ways to trade others (that actually might be wanted :rolleyes: ), and then we see this in today's Enquirer:

Considering the Lizard and Gosling were with the big club last year (and Livingston certainly would have been were he here), we've obviously improved in this area...

Nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:

Oh, by the way in case you couldn't tell (and by our vitriolic discussions of him, most can't :D ) Eric Milton is working on a sinker...maybe Valentin just didn't call for any the first 3 innings yesterday

The thing about that AAA rotation is that it doesn't even factor in the extensions on our top two pitchers. I like the future.

RE: Milton - I hope he was working on something, because he was dreadful yesterday. And if he was working on something, he best figure it out quickly, because we cannot continue with him in the rotation if he doesn't.