PDA

View Full Version : Wily Mo....

Grounds_Crew
03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm watching Boston vs Philly on ESPN and just saw him take one to the house. Ahhh, I miss having him on our team but I understand that Arroyo was a great trade. I wish Pena the best though. That dude can sure knock the dust off of the ball.

RedLegSuperStar
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
And it looks effortless.. would like to have Pena back.. Kearns should of been the one dealt

Grounds_Crew
03-22-2007, 02:37 PM
And it looks effortless.. would like to have Pena back.. Kearns should of been the one dealt

I couldnt agree more. Pena may have had his fielding issues and often looked confused out there....but DAMN can that guy hit. Like you said, it appears to be so effortless.

texasdave
03-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I couldnt agree more. Pena may have had his fielding issues and often looked confused out there....but DAMN can that guy hit. Like you said, it appears to be so effortless.

Something else seems to be effortless for Wily Mo. Eating. Has he put on some weight or what?:)

KronoRed
03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
He sure can hit the fastballs.

Matt700wlw
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM

They wanted Kearns....Reds said no.

Wily Mo was the compromise.

Then there was "The Trade." The concept was good, the idea was good...so far the return is far from it.

BRM
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah but he couldn't lay down a decent bunt to save his life...

Redsland
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Or catch a baseball.

Or hit a breaking ball.

Or a cutoff man.

Grounds_Crew
03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
I dont know if you guys remember, but a couple of years ago Pena made one hell of a catch while playing center field. He did one of those "over the shoulder" grabs and crashed full speed into the green chain linked fence out there. To this day, there is still a HUGE Pena "body print" in the fence. It is dented in about 6 inches. It has the exact shape of the way his body was when he crashed into it.

Redsland
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
So, what you're saying is that Wily Mo catches baseballs the same way Wile E. catches roadrunners? :)

http://dks.thing.net/coyote-oiloncanvas.jpg

Caseyfan21
03-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I dont know if you guys remember, but a couple of years ago Pena made one hell of a catch while playing center field. He did one of those "over the shoulder" grabs and crashed full speed into the green chain linked fence out there. To this day, there is still a HUGE Pena "body print" in the fence. It is dented in about 6 inches. It has the exact shape of the way his body was when he crashed into it.

I was at the game...what a play.

geniusMoment
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Pena is always going to be injury prone with his muscle structure. He hasn't played a whole season injury free yet has he?

Superdude
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
I was not a fan of the Arroyo/Pena trade at the time. Luckily, Arroyo has been a good 7x better than I expected, but I still wish Pena could have been given a real chance in Cincinnati.

flyer85
03-22-2007, 04:31 PM
And it looks effortless.. would like to have Pena back.. Kearns should of been the one dealtbut then we wouldn't have Bray and Majik.:thumbup:

BRM
03-22-2007, 04:33 PM
but then we wouldn't have Bray and Majik.:thumbup:

I'm not seeing the downside here...;)

:D

blumj
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
So, what you're saying is that Wily Mo catches baseballs the same way Wile E. catches roadrunners? :)

http://dks.thing.net/coyote-oiloncanvas.jpg

Yeah, but he hits baseballs the same way whatever it was hit that Coyote. :laugh:

TeamSelig
03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
He might not have been the greatest fielder, but he did have some good range for a big guy. Always thought it was cool to watch him run down deep fly balls.

flyer85
03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Always thought it was cool to watch him run down deep fly balls.Serpentine. :owned:

Redsland
03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
He might not have been the greatest fielder, but he did have some good range for a big guy. Always thought it was cool to watch him run down deep fly balls.
..and let them bounce off his glove into the seats.

:evil: