PDA

View Full Version : Majewski update

BRM
03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
From today's Enquirer:

Majewski, also dealing with a shoulder problem, was held out until a little more than a week ago.

"This is like the start of spring training for me," he said.

Majewski is pretty much resigned to that fact that he'll start the year rehabbing at Triple-A Louisville.

"I told (general manager Wayne Krivsky) when I got here that there's no need to keep me up here if I'm getting my butt kicked like last year."

Looks like one bullpen spot just opened up for someone like Burton.

NJReds
03-23-2007, 11:22 AM
From the "if only" department:

"I told (general manager Wayne Krivsky) when I got here that there's no need to keep me here if I'm getting my butt kicked like the past two years," said Eric Milton.

coachw513
03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Wonder if he realizes he might not be SO good to get an immediate recall when he gets healthy :D

rotnoid
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Wonder if he realizes he might not be SO good to get an immediate recall when he gets healthy :D

If he's healthy, he is that good, IMHO. His numbers over the years with the Nats were solid despite being way over used.

Johnny Footstool
03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
If he's healthy, he is that good, IMHO. His numbers over the years with the Nats were solid despite being way over used.

He has Danny Graves' Disease -- he allows too many balls in play to be a truly good reliever.

BRM
03-23-2007, 11:34 AM
His numbers over the years? He basically had one full season with the Nats, 2005.

REDREAD
03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
"I told (general manager Wayne Krivsky) when I got here that there's no need to keep me up here if I'm getting my butt kicked like last year."

At least the guy is humble, and not a pompous whiner. I can respect him as a person, even though I don't think he's a good pitcher.

Really, I am no longer angry at him. It's not his fault that Wayne made an idiotic trade. Yes, I'll probably still get mad when he comes in and has a bad outing, but he seems like a decent person.

Wayne is probably relieved that he can carry Cormier a little while longer, thanks to this injury (as opposed to having to trade Frenchie) :)

flyer85
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I wonder if the Reds will file their grievance before the anniversary of the trade?

Chip R
03-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I wonder if the Reds will file their grievance

Fixed that for you.

flyer85
03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I wonder if there is a statute of limitations?

pedro
03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I wonder if there is a statute of limitations?

1 year from date of trade.

flyer85
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Maybe the Nats will be forced to send "Ol Leatherpants" back to the Reds.

REDREAD
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Wayne claimed that every time that they were about to file, that they found new information to add.

I don't know if that's the truth, or a way to stall and hope that everyone forgets and stops asking him the question.

I mean, I can understand it taking this long to gather the information if DanO was running the show, but Wayne isn't exactly Mr Slow-And-Methodical.

Hopefully after the trade anniversary, a reporter will ask Wayne about it.

My guess is that the Reds have no case. Wayne spouted off about filing a grievence before he had all the facts or thought everything through. If Wayne really had proof on Bowden, I suspect he would've filed it before the end of last season, in order to save face. Yes, this is just my speculation, no proof.

flyer85
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Maybe the Reds are waiting for the patient to expire.

Matt700wlw
03-23-2007, 03:39 PM

I'm all for it. I wonder if he'd offer to give the money back for this season if they cut him?

Heath
03-23-2007, 05:29 PM

You never know or could put it over Doc Kremcheck.

REDREAD
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM

:laugh:

Maj got a little bit nervous when the Reds took out an life insurance policy on him instead of an injury insurance policy.