PDA

View Full Version : When will Majik go under the knife?

Chip R
03-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I've been saying ever since ST started that this soreness he has isn't going to go away till he gets surgery. I hope I'm wrong and he comes back and performs at a high level but I doubt it. So I thought I'd start a little poll and see what everyone else thinks.

edabbs44
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
May 4th.

Red Leader
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm thinking he'll head to extended spring training to build up arm strength. They'll bring him up to the big team in mid-May. He may injure himself badly enough to require surgery before Memorial Day, but he won't actually have the surgery until the beginning of June.

REDREAD
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
They'll follow standard protocol.

Extended spring training.
Declare him ready.
Ignore it, pitch him anyway.
A few DL trips, with rehab.
His arm falls off, and Doc Hollywood gets a big fee to reattach it.

I'm predicting it will drag out past the allstar break.

KronoRed
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
July 1st

Tom Servo
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I think REDREAD hit it on the head. The inevitable season ending surgery will be the biggest non-suprise ever.

remdog
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Krivsky better hope Bray gets over his 'soreness'. If Bray goes down he'll have nothing left from that trade.

Oh wait! Isn't there a minor leagurer floating around somewhere? :rolleyes:

Rem

Falls City Beer
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I didn't expect a single thing from Maj this year, so I'm not the least bit bothered by not having him around.

Low expectations mean you're never disappointed. :)

flyer85
03-23-2007, 04:33 PM
maybe the Reds are waiting on the grievance in the belief that surgery will help their case.

He was obviously damaged goods, although it seemed to be rather public knowledge that he was having "issues", so I guess the grievance would be about the extent of those issues.

Jerry Narron
03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Maj's shoulder is weak and he may start the season in AAA to build up strength to come back and help our bullpen.

Falls City Beer
03-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Maj's shoulder is weak and he may start the season in AAA to build up strength to come back and help our bullpen.

Thanks, Jerry. You're a fount of inside information.

REDREAD
03-23-2007, 06:26 PM
maybe the Reds are waiting on the grievance in the belief that surgery will help their case.

He was obviously damaged goods, although it seemed to be rather public knowledge that he was having "issues", so I guess the grievance would be about the extent of those issues.

The problem is that the Reds own doctor declared Maj fit to pitch last season after that 15 day DL trip when Maj rested.

Thus, Washington could argue that since the Reds own doctors diagnosed Maj as simply being overworked, how could they possibly know that it was anything more serious. In other words, how can they prove deception. How can the Reds make any 'damaged goods' claim if their own doctor cleared him to play?

In other words, the only real "damage" the Reds could claim was that Maj was unavailable for 15 days to rest.

Yes, I guess the Reds can try to claim they were misled and that someone in Washington didn't tell them about that last corizone shot. But since the Reds agreed to make the trade before all the official medical records arrived, I doubt that holds water. It will come down to Wayne's word vs Bowden's.

Even if Selig believes Wayne, how can the Reds claim any damages when Doc Hollywood cleared Maj to play last year?

Caseyfan21
03-23-2007, 06:42 PM
At least we have good defense at SS though!

OnBaseMachine
03-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I chose before the ASB.

Ron Madden
03-24-2007, 06:23 AM

Hellfire he had an entire off season to rest his shoulder.

He should have been building up his strength during sping training.