PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on SI

Jim Fazio
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Sports Illustrated has picked the Reds to finish dead last in the division and is the 27th ranked team in all of baseball in their baseball preview issue. What are your thoughts?

Caseyfan21
03-23-2007, 05:22 PM
I laughed out loud at this article when I read it this morning. When they spelled it "Cincinatti" early in the article I lost any respect I had for their opinion.

Doc. Scott
03-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Bring on the scorn, national media. It's more fun later on that way.

jmac
03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Let's see where they picked tigers last year.
Not sayin we will do what they did, just makin a point.

Puffy
03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
One injury to a key person and i'd say they are dead on. This season really could go either way, IMO, so I don't begrudge anyone who has an opinion either way

Matt700wlw
03-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I laughed out loud at this article when I read it this morning. When they spelled it "Cincinatti" early in the article I lost any respect I had for their opinion.

Not to mention their projected 5th starter was Mike Belisle...

jmac
03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
One injury to a key person and i'd say they are dead on. This season really could go either way, IMO, so I don't begrudge anyone who has an opinion either way

True but same could basically be said for STL with Carpentar/Pujols, Milwaukee with Sheets , Stros-Oswalt etc.
The cubs may actually be more able to make up for a Lee type injury with Soriano and Ramirez.

reds1869
03-23-2007, 05:57 PM
SI is a joke and will never receive a penny of my money. I laughed out loud when I leafed through "SI's Big Book of Baseball" at the library. It was obviously written by non-baseball people looking to cash in on the casual East Coast fan--much like most of our national media.

guttle11
03-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Who cares?

HumnHilghtFreel
03-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Chalk it up to more "motivation" for this "scrappy" team:)

LincolnparkRed
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Not to mention their projected 5th starter was Mike Belisle...

I was going to draft him for my fantasy team, did you see his record last year:mooner:

GridironGrace
03-23-2007, 10:47 PM
they said this last season too

:)

roby
03-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Bring on the scorn, national media. It's more fun later on that way.

I agree, Doc. I remember in the 1990 World series when everyone was bashing the Reds and saying that they didn't have a chance against the A's. It sure was a great feeling when the Reds went out and kicked some tail! Hope it happens aagain this year.

Caseyfan21
03-24-2007, 01:44 AM
SI is a joke and will never receive a penny of my money.

That is the truth. I convinced my dad to get it for a year when the Bucks won the 2003 Natn'l Champ just to get the Buckeyes collectibles and I quickly found myself never reading it. ESPN, while continually getting worse on the TV side of things, sure puts out a good magazine that I always will read. The only reason I get/read SI is because my girfriend gets it for free and gives it to me.

bucksfan2
03-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Correct me if im wrong but didn't the anti-cincinnati football reporter Peter King write the article about the reds. Baseball media publications have become so east coast biased in the recent years I would be suprised if some of them knew that baseball existed in the heartland of the country. I dont really care about typos or wrong first names because they are dealing with a ton of players but I just wish they would be unbiased. A true baseball reporter would probably realize the potential that the reds currently have.