PDA

View Full Version : Quick Chats with Pauley and Gardner

JaxRed
03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Snuck over to minor league fields today for a few minutes during big game. Saw Bruce with AAA team (K'd swinging) Syzmanski with AA, Junge was pitching for AA.

Both Gardner and Pauley said they thought they'd be starting the season on some team and not in extended ST.

Gardner didn't hazard a guess, Pauley thought Sarasota. Both said they felt good. I think Gardner used the term "finally healthy".

Pauley said in his last outing he was at 91 consistently, before he operated at 91-93. Still thinks he can get back there.

dougdirt
03-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Thats great to hear about both. If Pauley was at 91 consistantly, then he definately can work right there and be fine as long as his other pitches are working. Thanks for the info Jaxred!

mth123
03-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Snuck over to minor league fields today for a few minutes during big game. Saw Bruce with AAA team (K'd swinging) Syzmanski with AA, Junge was pitching for AA.

Both Gardner and Pauley said they thought they'd be starting the season on some team and not in extended ST.

Gardner didn't hazard a guess, Pauley thought Sarasota. Both said they felt good. I think Gardner used the term "finally healthy".

Pauley said in his last outing he was at 91 consistently, before he operated at 91-93. Still thinks he can get back there.

Good news. Thanks for sharing.

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks Jax. I had high hopes for both of those guys before the injury bug bit them. They are both longshots now to reach the majors, though hearing that Pauly is hitting 91 consistently is very encouraging to hear.

TC81190
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks Jax. I had high hopes for both of those guys before the injury bug bit them. They are both longshots now to reach the majors, though hearing that Pauly is hitting 91 consistently is very encouraging to hear.

Yeah, really thought we had something there.