PDA

View Full Version : Brook Jacoby

Maldez
03-25-2007, 06:45 AM
A thousand pardons if this has already been kicked around, but I REALLY tune-out during the off-season.

New hitting coach Brook Jacoby - - - was he hired specifically for the benefit of saving Adam Dunn? I caught a bit of today's telecast against the Phillies and it seems that was the drift of the conversation with Jacoby and the Reds' booth.

Did Chambliss get fired?

savafan
03-25-2007, 06:48 AM
A thousand pardons if this has already been kicked around, but I REALLY tune-out during the off-season.

New hitting coach Brook Jacoby - - - was he hired specifically for the benefit of saving Adam Dunn? I caught a bit of today's telecast against the Phillies and it seems that was the drift of the conversation with Jacoby and the Reds' booth.

I believe so.

Did Chambliss get fired?

Yes.

TheWalls
03-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Jacoby's approach seems to be a lot about making situational adjustments, shortening up with two strikes, making contact with runners on, etc. If it resonates with Adam (and it certainly appears to have) and some of the other young hitters respond to this as well, we may have the making of a beautiful relationship.