PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Julio to Marlins in Exchange for Yusmeiro Petit

reds44
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Diamondbacks send Julio to Marlins
Ken Rosenthal / FOXSports.com
Posted: 6 minutes ago

The Arizona Diamondbacks have traded reliever Jorge Julio for right-hander Yusmeiro Petit and an undisclosed amount of cash, FOXSports.com has learned.
Bad trade for the Marlins. I was hoping the Reds might try to get Petit for Denorfia.

At least Krivsky can't go get Julio now. ;)

Red Leader
03-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Petit's star has fallen quite a bit in the last couple years, I believe.

I'm not so sure he's going to pan out. He may be one of those guys that just gets passed around from team to team with a lot of teams giving him a chance based on prior record and reputation. I'm sure the Reds will have him in camp at some point.

oneupper
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Bad trade for the Marlins. I was hoping the Reds might try to get Petit for Denorfia.

Maybe its Deno for Julio...:help:

TRF
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Petit's star has fallen quite a bit in the last couple years, I believe.

I'm not so sure he's going to pan out. He may be one of those guys that just gets passed around from team to team with a lot of teams giving him a chance based on prior record and reputation. I'm sure the Reds will have him in camp at some point.

By then he'll be 38.

RedLegSuperStar
03-26-2007, 06:41 PM

I Agree!

edabbs44
03-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Right now Wayne is saying:

This kid reds44 thinks he's tough, saying I can't go get Julio. Who does he think he is? Doesn't he remember how I said the market for relievers was so out of control last season? I'll show him...he really likes EdE, doesn't he? :evil laugh:

mth123
03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
AZ needs a lefty. Maybe Cormier for Petit makes more sense.

KronoRed
03-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Right now Wayne is saying:

The trade Part II:devil:

Benihana
03-27-2007, 11:07 AM
So is Julio the Marlins new closer?

princeton
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Marlins owner needed saves for his high stakes rotisserie team, manipulated the system

Red Leader
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
So is Julio the Marlins new closer?

Yes, he is.

Whether he will hold that role down all season is another question. But, he will start the season as their closer.