PDA

View Full Version : Milton doing what he does best

cincrazy
03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
According to Hal McCoy, Eric Milton surrendered five home runs on only 93 pitches, which of course we're used to. But this time, Milton surrendered the five bombs TO HIGH CLASS A HITTER'S!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that by the end of August (if not MUCH sooner), Eric Milton will be nowhere near Cincinnati.

cincrazy
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I just went over to Reds Live and saw that this was posted there. My apologies. I look forward to joining that thread, I'm sure it's rather interesting :D

KronoRed
03-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Sadly it's rather depressing because of the 30+ starts he'll get :(

TheBigLebowski
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Eric Milton OWNS!!

KronoRed
03-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Eric Milton OWNS!!

...LITTLE LEAGUERS! :devil:

pedro
03-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Sadly it's rather depressing because of the 30+ starts he'll get :(

That's just not going to happen IMO.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if he gets 15. (which in itself is bad enough)

chicoruiz
03-27-2007, 04:40 PM
He has one more outing this spring, and it will be huge for him; if he gets raked again it would be a PR nightmare to start him in game #3. I'm hoping they pronounce his knee still ouchy and DL him.

TheBigLebowski
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
If we do pronouce his knee "ouchy," who moves into the rotation? Belisle? Saarloos? Livingston?

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 04:52 PM
He has one more outing this spring, and it will be huge for him; if he gets raked again it would be a PR nightmare to start him in game #3. I'm hoping they pronounce his knee still ouchy and DL him.

I think he's going on Saturday against the Marlins in Dayton...

Lohse will pitch as well.

If you're going to that game, anyone...BRING YOUR GLOVE!!!! :)

KYRedsFan
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Suprised this thread took so long in getting going. I was completely depressed when listening to this game, not because of the immediate results, but because of his guaranteed presence in the rotation this year barring a Nancy Kerrigan-like attack on that knee. One can hope.

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
According to Marty tonight, there are rumblings that Eric Milton may make the team, as, AT BEST, the #5 starter. AT BEST.

I hope he's right...that would be a start

WebScorpion
03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
There's still hope that Milton can return to his best form. However, it's been so long since he's even been a serviceable MLB pitcher, that hope has become very slim. I'd say 5th starter is the right place for him to work out the kinks or end his career, whichever he can muster. I even like it better than my long man out of the 'pen idea...the 5th starter is used less in the first half of the season. :thumbup: