PDA

View Full Version : Bray To DL??

RedLegSuperStar
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Bill Bray said Monday that his left ring finger continues to hurt when he throws.

Bray, who took a ball off the finger during fielding practice last week, may begin the season on the disabled list. That would potentially open up a roster spot for Rule 5 pick Jared Burton.

from Rotoworld.com

Johnny Footstool
03-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Is Krivsky going to prepare another grievance?

"Bowden never told us that Bray was indeed human and might get hurt sometime in the future."

TeamSelig
03-27-2007, 01:09 PM

"Bowden never told us that Bray was indeed human and might get hurt sometime in the future."

lmao

RedLegSuperStar
03-27-2007, 01:09 PM

Whatever happened with Majewski grievance? You hear about Krivsky going to file but then that was it.. I take it nothing was done and the Reds just tucked their tail between their legs.

KronoRed
03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
So will anyone we get in this trade be on the opening day roster?

BRM
03-27-2007, 01:13 PM
So will anyone we get in this trade be on the opening day roster?

It's starting to look pretty unlikely.

Redsland
03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
It's starting to look pretty unlikely.
It's still much too early to judge that trade. None of the players are dead yet.

KoryMac5
03-27-2007, 01:37 PM
The ESPN announcers raved about Burton yesterday and said that he had all but made the team.

Krash
03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
EDIT - Appearently one is not entitled to his or her opinion here. I'll keep my red-tinted glasses on when on this site. My bad.

redsmetz
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
The "Trade" just keeps looking better and better. Way to go WK!

Oh, please! An injury to a player during his time with us has no impact on whether "The Trade" was a good one or not. Just bad luck on this one.

Caveman Techie
03-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Exactly why would WK file a grievence for a player that GOT hurt while playing for the team he's on?

Also is this what we have to look forward to for the rest of Bray and Maj's career's with the Reds? Maj sneezes and all of a sudden redszone lights up with "THANKS WAYNE YOUR SPREADING THE PLAGUE"? The trade happened get over it.

Johnny Footstool
03-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Exactly why would WK file a grievence for a player that GOT hurt while playing for the team he's on?

Also is this what we have to look forward to for the rest of Bray and Maj's career's with the Reds? Maj sneezes and all of a sudden redszone lights up with "THANKS WAYNE YOUR SPREADING THE PLAGUE"? The trade happened get over it.

No, it's going to be "We can't judge the trade yet. Let's wait and see what happens" until Majewski's arm falls off and Bray gets traded.

paulrichjr
03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Did anyone notice that Maj didn't look that good again yesterday. There was a rocket hit off of him that was snagged by Conine. I honestly think Maj will be pitching somewhere come July 2007.

Eric_Davis
03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
If Bray starts the year on the DL, it makes for an easier decision for keeping the other pitchers who've performed well in ST, and it also stockpiles quality replacements for later in the year. An important measure of future success is to have plenty of good arms to choose from that aren't on the opening day 25-man roster. 25% or more of all innings pitched by the club for the year will come from pitchers not on the Opening Day roster.

Caveman Techie
03-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Your right they suck, I'm sorry for ever wanting them to perform well for the Reds. It's much easier to sit on the sidelines and root for their "arms to fall off" just so my point of view on a trade is justified.

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Did anyone notice that Maj didn't look that good again yesterday. There was a rocket hit off of him that was snagged by Conine. I honestly think Maj will be pitching somewhere come July 2007.

Somewhere like Dayton or somewhere like the Independent League?:D

M2
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
The bummer about this is people who aren't even particularly high on Bray recognize that he's got quite a burden on his shoulders. It's hard to imagine the 2007 making much of a dent if Bray doesn't have a good season. Then factor in that he's perhaps the lone torch bearer for making any good come out of The Trade.

So hearing that he might be on the DL to start the season is like a kick in both nuts. Also finger problems have a way of lingering. That could screw up his slider all year long.

Johnny Footstool
03-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Your right they suck, I'm sorry for ever wanting them to perform well for the Reds. It's much easier to sit on the sidelines and root for their "arms to fall off" just so my point of view on a trade is justified.

No one is rooting for it to happen. I'd much rather be proven wrong about the trade and have Maj and Bray become a lights-out bullpen combo. But all my senses tell me it's not going to work out that way, so all I can do is laugh bitterly about it.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I honestly think Maj will be pitching somewhere come July 2007.... maybe in the indy leagues.

Heath
03-27-2007, 05:09 PM
...and on the other end, what's Kearns and Lopez ready to do for an encore in Washington? Are they ready for 100 losses?

I know that Kearns signed an extension, but they moved Lopez to second.

For Kearns, it will always be, when the light comes on. Lopez as well.

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 05:46 PM
...and on the other end, what's Kearns and Lopez ready to do for an encore in Washington? Are they ready for 100 losses?

I know that Kearns signed an extension, but they moved Lopez to second.

For Kearns, it will always be, when the light comes on. Lopez as well.

I think most Cincy fans would undo the trade if given the opportunity.

Johnny Footstool
03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I think most Cincy fans would undo the trade if given the opportunity.

I think Krivsky would, too.

DoogMinAmo
03-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I think Krivsky would, too.

He would undo THAT trade, but I have a feeling they still would not be on the team for OD 2007.

reds44
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
He would undo THAT trade, but I have a feeling they still would not be on the team for OD 2007.
Agreed.

I think everyone would undo that trade.

DoogMinAmo
03-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Agreed.

I think everyone would undo that trade.

But would everyone still have undone that trade if the Reds had made it to the playoffs? If not, how far into the playoffs would the Reds have to have made it for it to stick?

vaticanplum
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Bill Bray said Monday that his left ring finger continues to hurt when he throws.

Take off your wedding ring, dude!! It's weighing you down!!!

redsupport
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
well at least Harris is healthy unfortunately he wears a different uniform

PuffyPig
03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I honestly think Maj will be pitching somewhere come July 2007.

I sure hope so....