PDA

View Full Version : Define success for BB, GM and TC

Ltlabner
03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I almost hesitate to post this :evil:

Put aside all of whatever fealings you might have regrading 'the trade', if at all possible.

What would define a sucessfull campaign for Bill Bray and Gary Majewski in 2007?

Also, what does Todd Coffey have to acomplish in 2007 to find 'success'.

Ltlabner
03-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, apparently a sucessfull campaign for Majic will be finding his way back to the major league team.

Dracodave
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Bray pretty much has to show he's going to be or is a closer. He needs to devolp and really take that "leap" forward.

Majeskwi needs to put that low era from Washington to the test here. He needs be a groundball machine because thats what made him good.

Todd Coffey just needs to keep it up. He needs to get us to Bray, Stanton, Weathers or Burton. Whomever the closer maybe.

tripleaaaron
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
For Bill Bray a successful season to me, would be improving from last seasons numbers. I would like to see at least 60-80 IP out of him, with an ERA just under 4 and getting his strikeout numbers a little bit closer to 1 per game.
For Maj- staying healthy and pitching at or above league average would be fine with me, but for alot of people he is going to have to be brilliant in order to be successful. I would love to see a return to:
79G 88 IP 50K 2.93 1.36 .248 (with an improved whip, though) but would be happy with less, if 100% he could be a bullpen workhorse
As for Coffey, my expectations are very high, I would like to see him not only build upon last season's numbers, but if he can remain confident and develop more of "an edge" he can be a dominant closer.