PDA

View Full Version : With Dragons set.. possible Sarasota roster?

JaxRed
03-30-2007, 10:15 AM
1b Guttierez
2b Griffin
3b
SS Rosales
C Tatum
OF Syzmanski
OF Dorn
OF Bruce

Starters
Gardner
Guerrero
Fisher
Wood

Relief
Pauley
Asaadorian
Lutz
Young
Mason (said he would be working long relief this year)

BRM
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Will Syzmanski ever rise above A ball?

JaxRed
03-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, Sarasota would be a step up. And there have been several reports that he is healthy and playing well this year. He's a breakout candidate.

BRM
03-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd love to see him breakout this year.

fargo55
03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Nice work JaxRed. Talked with my son Eric Schaler, he said that Robbie Nickols, Josh Ravin, himself and Terrell Young have all been assigned to extended Spring Training. He doesn't know all the players, but agreed with the Sarasota roster in general. I had heard through the guys that Young, an immensely talented pitcher, was rehabbing a shoulder, so he may join them later on.

JaxRed
03-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Ahh, I wondered from some of your previous posts what your connection was. I saw Terrell pitching Tuesday, so I figured he was healthy.

dougdirt
03-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Ahh, I wondered from some of your previous posts what your connection was. I saw Terrell pitching Tuesday, so I figured he was healthy.

If thats the case, then Youngs injury probably isnt to bad, which is always good :thumbup:

Superdude
03-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Nice work JaxRed. Talked with my son Eric Schaler, he said that Robbie Nickols, Josh Ravin, himself and Terrell Young have all been assigned to extended Spring Training.

What exactly is the purpose of extended spring training? Does your son really throw upper 90's or is that just a board myth?

JaxRed
03-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Mason was cut so he won't be on roster.

fargo55
03-31-2007, 02:41 PM
What exactly is the purpose of extended spring training? Does your son really throw upper 90's or is that just a board myth?

Eric has hit 101 mph, on several occasions, one with the Cubs Scout while at DBU. He had planned red shirting his draft year so as to play for the Cotuit Kettleers in Cape Cod. His cousin Kyle Sleeth played for them and was drafted 3rd overall by the Tigers, 4 years ago. The Reds had their scout, Brian Wilson watch him in practice and invited him to throw at GABP. Eric loved it and felt he could sign with them and skip Cape Cod. He would've been signed and started with the GCL Reds on time except for a tragedy. The Scout, Brian Wilson, a wonderful father of three little girls, died at the age of thirty three the day before Father's Day. Eric has pledged his playing level money to the Wilson Family Fund in Plano Texas.

As to his current speed on his fast-ball, he is at 92-94 mph. The Reds, who have been wonderful to all of us, re-worked his mechanics and this has given him control in exchange for speed. They feel his velocity will return as he gains experience and confidence in his new form. 3 up 3 down in the intra-squad today. No walks, no WPs, no HBP, altogether a significant improvement. Respectfully, Eric's Proud Dad

OnBaseMachine
03-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Eric has hit 101 mph, on several occasions, one with the Cubs Scout while at DBU. He had planned red shirting his draft year so as to play for the Cotuit Kettleers in Cape Cod. His cousin Kyle Sleeth played for them and was drafted 3rd overall by the Tigers, 4 years ago. The Reds had their scout, Brian Wilson watch him in practice and invited him to throw at GABP. Eric loved it and felt he could sign with them and skip Cape Cod. He would've been signed and started with the GCL Reds on time except for a tragedy. The Scout, Brian Wilson, a wonderful father of three little girls, died at the age of thirty three the day before Father's Day. Eric has pledged his playing level money to the Wilson Family Fund in Plano Texas.

As to his current speed on his fast-ball, he is at 92-94 mph. The Reds, who have been wonderful to all of us, re-worked his mechanics and this has given him control in exchange for speed. They feel his velocity will return as he gains experience and confidence in his new form. 3 up 3 down in the intra-squad today. No walks, no WPs, no HBP, altogether a significant improvement. Respectfully, Eric's Proud Dad

Thanks for the report. Welcome to the board...I look forward to reading more insight from you! :beerme:

Your son sounds like a great kid.

fargo55
03-31-2007, 03:01 PM

The extended spring training, from what I can see, is a storage vault for the Billings and GCL Reds teams, that start after the draft.

SirFelixCat
03-31-2007, 08:01 PM

Welcome and great write up. This is what makes this board so special...this kind of insight and such. Good luck to your son and I look forward to learning more about him!:thumbup:

lollipopcurve
04-01-2007, 03:39 PM
3 up 3 down in the intra-squad today. No walks, no WPs, no HBP, altogether a significant improvement.

Good for Eric. Low 90s is still plenty if he's got some movement. We'll be rooting for him, fargo55.

Just curious, where does the name fargo55 come from?

fargo55
04-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Hometown of Fargo and year of birth. I co-own a small business in Cincinnati and share GABP seats with my brother who runs it. We live in Colorado now, and I do some medical consulting in professional sports. We have a place in Cincinatti that we use when there. Hopefully, Eric will use it with some of his current team-mates one day.