PDA

View Full Version : Eric Milton has been Released!!

WMR
04-01-2007, 08:40 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Cincinnati Reds have given Eric Milton his unconditional release!

KittyDuran
04-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I haven't checked ESPN - but what DAY is it????;)

Ltlabner
04-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Willymo....this had better not be a April Fools Joke.

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/6767/151sk.jpg

jojo
04-01-2007, 09:17 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Cincinnati Reds have given Eric Milton his unconditional release!

you're a bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad.......bad. ...............bad, man.

MrCinatit
04-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh, but perchance to dream...

RedsBaron
04-01-2007, 09:36 AM

That's not what I heard. The story I'm hearing is that the Reds have traded Milton to the D'Backs for Brandon Webb......or was it to the Marlins for Dontrelle Willis.....?:evil:

jojo
04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
That's not what I heard. The story I'm hearing is that the Reds have traded Milton to the D'Backs for Brandon Webb......or was it to the Marlins for Dontrelle Willis.....?:evil:

UPDATE: Here's the comfirmed transactions so far: Courmier was traded to the Padres for Jake Peavey, Milton went to the D-backs for Webb and Castro was traded to Florida for Willis and a PTBNL (presumably M. Cabrera)....

Concerning the rumor mill, Krivsky has contacted the Mariners and offered Santos and Hermanson for Putz and Bloomquist but Bavasi covets Bloomquist and countered with Ichiro and Putz for Santos and Dustin H.... it might work if Bavasi throws in Brandon Morrow too....

Marc D
04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Would have been better to say he was traded for a minor leaguer and have an awsome bio of some fictious 5 tool prospect. Good one though, I almost called up my buddy to rejoice!!:)

Always Red
04-01-2007, 12:53 PM
A sonnet for Eric Milton
by Randall Highbrow on Tuesday, 27 of March , 2007 at 4:24 pm

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.
I loathe thee for the depth of the home runs
That you give up, and games that were once fun
You quickly turn into a giant waste.
I loathe thee for the stink of every day
That you pitch, by the lights or by the sun.
I loathe thee deeply, as a bomb by Dunn.
I loathe thee and long for your DFA.
I loathe thee with the passion of a fan
In a pennant race, waiting for their dream.
I loathe thee for your foolish contract’s span
That keeps the Reds from spending on the team.
I loathe thee and hope that someday I can
Not have to watch you constantly get creamed.

:laugh: :laugh: I'm sure Eric is a very nice man, but this is hilarious- I found it on a new Reds blog:
http://redusandweep.com/2007/03/27/a-sonnet-for-eric-milton/

TOBTTReds
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
this one wasn't even believable. The Josh Hamilton being sent back to the DRays was very believable.

redsfan30
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
this one wasn't even believable. The Josh Hamilton being sent back to the DRays was very believable.

No it wasn't. I'd come alot closer to believing this than the team giving up on Josh Hamilton at this point.

Spring~Fields
04-01-2007, 05:54 PM
If it would have read Milton indicted on nine million dollar fraud charges for impersonating a professional pitcher I could have bought it.