PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson cut!

IamWallaman
04-01-2007, 01:32 PM
The closer experiment has ended! (per C Trent (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/04/hermanson-gone.asp) and also Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=MLB&majteam=CIN))

:jump:

More space for Coutlangus. :thumbup:

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice...

dougdirt
04-01-2007, 01:41 PM
or C. Trent is pulling our legs.... I just hope he isnt.

IamWallaman
04-01-2007, 01:42 PM

I just found it on Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=MLB&majteam=CIN) as well.

It seems legit... especially from his last couple outings. Maybe his back flared up again?

Sea Ray
04-01-2007, 01:42 PM
The closer experiment has ended!
More space for Coutlangus. :thumbup:

...and Burton

jojo
04-01-2007, 01:43 PM

if that's his idea of funny, he should be fired....

this has to be legit

IamWallaman
04-01-2007, 01:43 PM
...and Burton

Burton was staying no matter what... but now we have more room for the other worthwhile choices! :D

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
If true, great, great news. Way to not fear repercussions from the old vets' boys' club!!!

:thumbup:

Youth shall be served. Thank god.

dougdirt
04-01-2007, 01:51 PM
good to hear its no joke....

UGADaddy
04-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I was pulling for him, but understand his back was going to make it difficult. Too bad. Have they made a decision on Lightenberg yet?

Tom Servo
04-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Rotoworld just took it straight from C. Trent, doesn't mean it couldn't still be a bad joke...

redsfan30
04-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I was pulling for him, but understand his back was going to make it difficult. Too bad. Have they made a decision on Lightenberg yet?

He was cut a long time ago.

UGADaddy
04-01-2007, 01:54 PM
He was cut a long time ago.

Huh. I never heard anything about that. Thanks though. So is it Stormy and Stanton pulling closer by committee duties?

Team Clark
04-01-2007, 01:55 PM
No surprise. Good move. Even Narron knows better than to run a guy our there that is throwing 84 MPH right over the plate. Or does he? This bodes well for Burton AND Santos. I'm all for either one closing. Go with the Hot hand.

IamWallaman
04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Huh. I never heard anything about that. Thanks though. So is it Stormy and Stanton pulling closer by committee duties?

For the meantime, I'd guess...

It'll be Burton, Bray or Coffey by season's end.

reds44
04-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Thank God.

Now just put Milton on the DL (or cut him) and all will be right.

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 02:11 PM
more from CTrent:

Will post more when I get it, but Dustin Hermanson was saying his goodbyes. One more cut to go

Apparently, Hermanson had no interest in an assignment in Louisville.

And, no, I promise I will never put an April Fool's joke or something like that on here. I don't believe in that kind of stuff on an outlet you trust.

Also, the team was waiting for Dr. Kremcheck to look at Eric Milton. He could be DL'd.

Wayne and Jerry also said they had one more "guy to talk to" about a cut or assignment to Louisville.

Dunner44
04-01-2007, 02:12 PM
edit: Someone beat me to it

Dunner44
04-01-2007, 02:19 PM
So the final decision comes down to trading Cormier. If they can, keep Santos. If not, he gone. I suppose this could be avoided by DLing Milton and putting Belisle AND Sarloos in the rotation. But is that fair to Livingston?

Anyway, barring a trade or a DL of Milton, here's the pen:

1) Todd Coffey
2) David Weathers
3) Mike Stanton
4) Jon Coutlangus
5) Jared Burton
6) Belisle/Sarloos
7) Rheal Cormier

If the Reds do pick up Santos, they'll have to make room on the 40 man, but that can easily be done by putting Denorfia on the 60 day DL.

LoganBuck
04-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I think it comes down to the troika of Cormier Coutlangus and Santos.

If Cormier is traded Coutlangus and Santos stay. Then they probably have to talk to Chad Moeller. Because I would guess they are bringing in a outfielder.

Coutlangus has the options if Santos wants to reject the assignment.

Prf15
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I am glad they cut Hermanson. The Reds needed to make room for Burton because I think he can be a steal for us. Plus it was reported that Hermanson wasn't throwing as hard as he has before and that isn't a good sign for a average pitcher.

Tom Servo
04-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I think it comes down to the troika of Cormier Coutlangus and Santos.

If Cormier is traded Coutlangus and Santos stay. Then they probably have to talk to Chad Moeller. Because I would guess they are bringing in a outfielder.

Coutlangus has the options if Santos wants to reject the assignment.
I think you pretty much nailed it on the head. Santos had said a few days ago he's willing to accept assignment to Louisville, but his final spring ERA of0.00 might make him some team want to add him to their 25 man and so he may look into that.

11larkin11
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
also per Trent...

And another thing, Wayne was kind of on edge about the whole 25-man roster and the talk of it. He also dropped something about howhe may be at 24 today at 3 p.m. when they must turn in their roster, but there will be 25 tomorrow.

The rotation for the next couple of days is Harang, Arroyo, Lohse, Belisle and then back to Harang. So it looks like Belisle is officially the fifth starter, or maybe the fourth and we'll see who the fifth is. However, that rotation, Narron said, isn't "set in cement"

Two things I hope that means...

1. We get it to 25 and Milton is cut/DL'ed
2. We get it to 25 and Cormier is traded for a PTBNL or minor leaguer

Tom Servo
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
It could also mean Cormier is traded for an outfielder who pushes Moeller off the 25 man.

redsfan1966
04-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I am shocked Hermanson did not stay on board--after all the talk about how he had the closer mentality and how he would allow the rest of the bully to line up accordingly....i guess his flameout in Dayton really made it obvious he didnt have it... I would like to nominate Coffey for the closer....for what thats worth...

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I am shocked Hermanson did not stay on board--after all the talk about how he had the closer mentality and how he would allow the rest of the bully to line up accordingly....i guess his flameout in Dayton really made it obvious he didnt have it... I would like to nominate Coffey for the closer....for what thats worth...

His flame-out over the last few games..Topping out at 84...Jared Burton being light years better than him in terms of "stuff"..

Things finally sink in and add up over time.