PDA

View Full Version : 25 man Roster-3 Pm

Royals Fan
04-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Listen to WLW this afternoon they mentioned the players on the field right now and the roster deadling is 3 pm for Wayne turned the roster in to the league office I guess, so an move can come very soon.

Royals Fan
04-01-2007, 02:17 PM
i have an chance to go watched the Royals work out after work today at 4, might still go see if Reggie is still here and it is free 2.

redsmetz
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
From Trent's blog

Just got handed the roster, and it is indeed 24 players.

Victor Santos, who was a non-roster invitee, is not on the roster and Eric Milton is on the disabled lit retroactive to March 23 with a lower back injury.

Grounds_Crew
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Hmmmmm....

Team Clark
04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
So, either a deal is in the works or it's down to Santos and Coutlangus for the last spot??

LINEDRIVER
04-01-2007, 03:49 PM
So, either a deal is in the works or it's down to Santos and Coutlangus for the last spot??

just wondering .... Perhaps Santos will be the 4th or 5th starter and they have yet to inform Belisle he's in the pen.

here's the list of today's 24 from Trent Rosencrans:

Harang
Arroyo
Lohse
Saarloos
Belisle
Burton
Coffey
Cormier
Coutlangus
Stanton
Weathers

Moeller
Ross
Valentin

Castro
Conine
Encarnacion
Gonzalez
Hatteberg
Phillips

Dunn
Freel
Griffey
Hamilton

redsfan4445
04-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Santos should have made the team... gues 0.00 ERA isnt good enough!!

LINEDRIVER
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM

Perhaps they are trying to trade Cormier? and Belisle? while saving Santos for Belisle's spot? It sure is interesting right now!

joshnky
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM

If he continues those numbers in AAA, he'll be up in no time. You have to judge a player by his full body of work and his numbers before this year were pretty bad. You can tell what they thought about him when they seldom put him in to face the better hitters.

MartyFan
04-01-2007, 04:03 PM

C Trent shows Coutlangus on the roster.

Royals Fan
04-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I know several teams are making last momnet moves per rotoworld- i saw chan ho park being optioned to triple a and ron villone released and jason ellison being traded to the Mariners for travis buckley.More to come i am guessing.

Prf15
04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
If they were smart they would trade both Santos and Cormier for a backup outfielder to backup Freel and Griffey because Hamilton is still a unknown.

Some team will look at Santos numbers and be impressed so we should trade him now to maybe the Nationals who need a starter for Chris Snelling?

redsfan4445
04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
saw this online too per rotoworld:

Larry Bigbie, who was informed he didn't make the 25-man roster on Saturday, is weighing offers from other teams before deciding whether to accept a minor league spot with the Dodgers.

Bigbie hit .357 with a team-high 14 RBI this spring, but manager Grady Little decided to take Matt Kemp as the team's fifth outfielder instead."

could he be a waiver trade in the making??

Jpup
04-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Larry Bigbie, who was informed he didn't make the 25-man roster on Saturday, is weighing offers from other teams before deciding whether to accept a minor league spot with the Dodgers.

Bigbie hit .357 with a team-high 14 RBI this spring, but manager Grady Little decided to take Matt Kemp as the team's fifth outfielder instead."

I don't think it's him since he is left handed.

Royals Fan
04-01-2007, 04:16 PM
So far I seen teh follwing names

Ron Villone

Chan Ho Park

Danny Kolb

Maybe we can do running lsit of DFA- just an ideal.

Prf15
04-01-2007, 04:17 PM

Larry Bigbie would be a GREAT option. I've seen him play in Baltimore for a couple years and he was a fan favorite and a good player, just needs to stay healthy.

Patrick Bateman
04-01-2007, 04:18 PM

A lifetime of mediocrity/badness trumps a handful of good spring innings.

Royals Fan
04-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Here's an name with Wayne connection- J D Durbin form Minnesota- he was sent to triple a and the Twinis are not happy with him-he is an hard throwing right hander with iffy command so far but very young in pithcing years. Wayne and Terry deal again? Part What-lol

Update going thru Twins Notes- I saw Dubin was Clamined by D-Backs Last week but there an good chance -he might be waived by them also per rotowrld.

Prf15
04-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Part What-lol

Terry and Wayne don't deal much. Wayne just gets all these former Twins players who are washed up and bouncing around from team to team.

Royals Fan
04-01-2007, 04:30 PM
You think our bench is bad take an look at the Twins Bench- there best bench player is Jeff Cerillio-Yikes

Redmachine2003
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
What happened to Hermanson did he get cut and I missed it. I thought he was suppose to be the Reds closer a few days ago? Never mind I found my own answer.