PDA

View Full Version : David Ross

Prf15
04-01-2007, 03:16 PM
What do you all think about David Ross this year? Personally I have a feeling him and Valentin will return to there 2005 and 2004 years repectfully and we will be scrambling to find a replacement by mid-season. Ross hit something like .200 the last two months of the season last year which makes me believe it just took some time for the pitchers to get used to seeing Ross everyday as a starter.

I wish we would of kept Jason LaRue because he has been a Major League Starter and now we are stuck with two 1 year wonders.

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 03:34 PM
If Ross fails, I think we'll see Valentin/Moeller.

Defensively and offensively that unit will suck, as one is all offense and one is all defense.

If they have a doubt about Ross, I'd be marketing Santos to a team for a triple a catcher looking for a break to the bigs.

Dunner44
04-01-2007, 05:51 PM
You dare doubt this man?

http://www.nd.edu/~rkiley/Ross

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
You dare doubt this man?

http://www.nd.edu/~rkiley/Ross

That quote should really read off "This ones for you Timmy. Thug life, holmes."

Mario-Rijo
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
What do you all think about David Ross this year? Personally I have a feeling him and Valentin will return to there 2005 and 2004 years repectfully and we will be scrambling to find a replacement by mid-season. Ross hit something like .200 the last two months of the season last year which makes me believe it just took some time for the pitchers to get used to seeing Ross everyday as a starter.

I wish we would of kept Jason LaRue because he has been a Major League Starter and now we are stuck with two 1 year wonders.

I'll say this, behind the plate with a basestealer on and the game on the line I take Jason Larue, followed by Javy and then Ross.

In catching a throw from the OF with the game on the line I take the same order.

In any other scenario I take Ross, Javy and then Larue (Moeller not even in the conversation).

So I would start Javy vs. RH pitchers on teams that have a good running game. I.E. Mets, Phillies, Dodgers and Giants. Everybody else I go with a more disciplined and better vision guy at the plate in Ross, who also calls a better game.

VR
04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll say this, behind the plate with a basestealer on and the game on the line I take Jason Larue, followed by Javy and then Ross.

The 2001/2002 LaRue? 'Cuz the 2003-2006 Jason LaRue doesn't sniff the years the other two had in 2006.

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 09:01 PM
The 2001/2002 LaRue? 'Cuz the 2003-2006 Jason LaRue doesn't sniff the years the other two had in 2006.

Really? That's just ridiculous--particularly when you're talking about the sample size of Valentin's and Ross's careers.

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Really? That's just ridiculous--particularly when you're talking about the sample size of Valentin's and Ross's careers.

Also when you can visual see Ross avoid any contact when blocking the plate. He was pulling Stewart from Mad TV when a runner came in, "DONT TOUCH ME!!! AHH!!!! *curls into the fetal position* I'M IN MY SPECIAL PLACE!"