PDA

View Full Version : Milton to DL, Santos makes team

IamWallaman
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
per C. Trent (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/04/milton-to-dl-sanots-gone.asp)

So that gives us:

Harang
Arroyo
Lohse
Belisle

Saarloos (either or...)

Burton
Coffey
Cormier
Coutlangus
Stanton
Weathers

Moeller
Ross
Valentin

Castro
Conine
Encarnacion
Gonzalez
Hatteberg
Phillips

Dunn
Freel
Griffey
Hamilton

...and another move by tomorrow...

MartyFan
04-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't see Dustin on this list....

reds44
04-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't see Dustin on this list....
He got cut earlier today.....

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
per C. Trent (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/04/milton-to-dl-sanots-gone.asp)

So that gives us:

Harang
Arroyo
Lohse
Belisle

Saarloos (either or...)

Burton
Coffey
Cormier
Coutlangus
Stanton
Weathers

Moeller
Ross
Valentin

Castro
Conine
Encarnacion
Gonzalez
Hatteberg
Phillips

Dunn
Freel
Griffey
Hamilton

...and another move by tomorrow...

Theres gotta be something goin on or Santos would have made the roster. Why leave a spot open with the kind of spring Santos has had and not add him to the roster. Stay tuned.

TheWalls
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I fearlessly predict Jon Leiber for Cormier and other goodies with Saarlos sliding to the pen.

Tom Servo
04-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I fearlessly predict Jon Leiber for Cormier and other goodies with Saarlos sliding to the pen.
Good guess, but Lieber's on the DL.

IamWallaman
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Either:

1) Livingston's contract is bought tomorrow as our 5th starter

2) A 5th OF is brought in

I'm leaning more towards the 2nd. With the sudden loss of Deno and Hopper, the OFs they were counting on were gone. They'll probably get Bubba from AAA.

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Theres gotta be something goin on or Santos would have made the roster. Why leave a spot open with the kind of spring Santos has had and not add him to the roster. Stay tuned.

I don't think this configuration necessarily portends a move at all.

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Either:

I'm leaning more towards the 2nd. With the sudden loss of Deno and Hopper, the OFs they were counting on were gone. They'll probably get Bubba from AAA.

Number 2 is my guess as well.

Tom Servo
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Either:

I was thinking #1 could be an option as well, but why wait the extra day if they are just going to bring Livingston back up?

TheWalls
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Based on that logic (which I like) it's gotta be someone from outside, doesn't it?

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I was thinking #1 could be an option as well, but why wait the extra day if they are just going to bring Livingston back up?

The Reds have made it a habit of going with 24-man rosters, at any and all times. It doesn't seem to bother the FO. But it bothers the daylights out of me.

reds44
04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Livingston's not coming back up already, I'd be shocked.

redsfan4445
04-01-2007, 03:48 PM
So this means Santos didnt go to AAA?? just makes me wonder what the guy had to do to get a roster spot??0.00 ERA wasnt good nough.. gessh..

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Milton is on the DL? Now I have to pick up another pitcher for my fantasy team. ;)

FCB is right...24 man rosters don't seem to bother this front office. Going with 3 catchers is pretty much like going with a 24 man roster anyway.

I could see WK making a move, but it's going to be him grabbing someone who got cut or is on the verge of getting cut rather than some earthshattering move.

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 03:49 PM
So this means Santos didnt go to AAA?? just makes me wonder what the guy had to do to get a roster spot??0.00 ERA wasnt good nough.. gessh..

I heard WK demanded a negative ERA from him in the spring. Maybe he had to get a 0.00 era while having a RC/27 in the upper half of the team.

reds44
04-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Santos goes to AAA because he has a minor league deal. Santos has a history of sucking, I can't blame them for going with his career over a few meaningless spring training games.

Kradokk
Santos NOT gone... yet.

Per C. Trent's blog:

"Wayne said they're down to 24 and there will be 25 tomorrow. It "could be Santos, it could be someone else. It could be somebody here, it could be someone not here."

Talked to Victor, who was taking it in stride. "Nothing I can do."

Also, Jerry on the closer situation: "Between Weathers, Stanton, Coffey and Saarloos, we feel pretty good""

Prf15
I wish they would of kept Santos up. Before last season in Pittsburgh were he was sub-par he put up two respectable seasons in Milwaukee.

Year Ag Tm Lg W L G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO HBP WP BFP IBB BK ERA *lgERA *ERA+ WHIP
2004 27 MIL NL 11 12 31 28 0 0 2 0 154.0 169 95 85 18 57 115 7 2 684 5 1 4.97 4.14 83 1.468
2005 28 MIL NL 4 13 29 24 1 0 2 0 141.7 153 87 72 20 60 89 5 7 640 8 0 4.57 4.23 92 1.504

Team Clark
04-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Shame the Reds didn't get Denorfia Clone, Brady Clark, before the Dodgers.

redsfan4445
Santos goes to AAA because he has a minor league deal. Santos has a history of sucking, I can't blame them for going with his career over a few meaningless spring training games.

well at least he isnt GONE.. the title of the thread makes it seem he elected to leave the Reds..

IslandRed
As I read the schedule, we don't need the fifth starter until April 11. If it's Livingston, he may as well take his turn in Louisville in the meantime.

My guess is there's a waiver claim in the works. Krivsky said (just now in Trent's blog) the roster will be at 25 by the time they take the field tomorrow, and if he knew for sure who it was -- and if that player was in the organization right now -- there'd be no need to go a man short today.

reds44
04-01-2007, 03:53 PM
As I read the schedule, we don't need the fifth starter until April 11. If it's Livingston, he may as well take his turn in Louisville in the meantime.

My guess is there's a waiver claim in the works. Krivsky said (just now in Trent's blog) the roster will be at 25 by the time they take the field tomorrow, and if he knew for sure who it was -- and if that player was in the organization right now -- there'd be no need to go a man short today.
Ok, it's definatley coming from the outside then.

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 03:54 PM
and if that player was in the organization right now -- there'd be no need to go a man short today.

I really don't think we can assume this to be true. This FO is the king of hemming and hawing about moves. They're probably going to have some kind of confab tonight to judge which OFer to bring up.

reds44
04-01-2007, 03:55 PM
More from Trent:

Wayne said they're down to 24 and there will be 25 tomorrow. It "could be Santos, it could be someone else. It could be somebody here, it could be someone not here."

Talked to Victor, who was taking it in stride. "Nothing I can do."

Also, Jerry on the closer situation: "Between Weathers, Stanton, Coffey and Saarloos, we feel pretty good"

OK, and had to run down to the field to get the rest of the stuff, here's the roster as it stands with 24 folks:

Pitchers (11)
Bronson Arroyo
Matt Belisle
Jared Burton
Todd Coffey
Rheal Cormier
Jon Coutlangus
Aaron Harang
Kyle Lohse
Kirk Saarloos
Mike Stanton
David Weathers

Infielders (6)
Juan Castro
Jeff Conine
Edwin Encarnacion
Alex Gonzalez
Scott Hatteberg
Brandon Phillips

Outfielders (4)
Adam Dunn
Ryan Freel
Ken Griffey Jr.
Josh Hamilton

Catchers (3)
Chad Moeller
David Ross
Javier Valentin

Disabled list (8)
Bill Bray
Chris Denorfia
Jerry Gil
Eddie Guardado
Norris Hopper
Jeff Keppinger
Eric Milton
Elizardo Ramirez

Tom Servo
04-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, our main internal options are Bubba Crosby, DeWayne Wise, and Tyrell Godwin, who are all left handed. With lefties Griffey, Dunn, and Hamilton already in the outfield, I would imagine a righty would be the way to go.

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
2 disturbing items from that post:

1) There are 3 catchers and 4 outfielders

2) Narron mentioned the word Saarloos when discussing the closer situation.

MartyFan
04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
He got cut earlier today.....

WOW...Ok...sorry been busy all day...just catching up with everything.

Thanks.

IslandRed
04-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I really don't think we can assume this to be true. This FO is the king of hemming and hawing about moves. They're probably going to have some kind of confab tonight to judge which OFer to bring up.

It could be, but they've had several days to ponder the absence of Denorfia and Hopper and move accordingly if they wanted another outfielder and didn't have lines in the water outside the organization. Doesn't mean it will necessarily pan out, I just think they're leaving that option open until it's time to go play.

redsmetz
04-01-2007, 03:59 PM

I still doubt we'll carry three catchers the whole season, but I could be wrong.

I suspect viz closer, that he's going to go with situational closers - don't ask me to define that though! :)

Prf15
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM

I agree with both of them. I also don't like how he didn't mention Burton for the closer spot since he does have the "best stuff" according to Narron. I would like to see Moeller sent down and bring Livingston up and sign a cheap outfielder or bring up Crosby.

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I still doubt we'll carry three catchers the whole season, but I could be wrong.

I suspect viz closer, that he's going to go with situational closers - don't ask me to define that though! :)

I hope 3 catchers aren't kept all season.

Situational closer is fine...if JN does a good job on picking the right one that day. They should just hand it to Coffey right now.

reds44
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
If Saarloos is being talked about as a closer, who is the 5th starter?

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Also, why did the put EddieG on the 40 man roster, and not the 60 day DL?

11larkin11
04-01-2007, 04:07 PM
According to rotoworld, they did put him on the 60 Day DL

redsmetz
04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Milton is on the DL? Now I have to pick up another pitcher for my fantasy team. ;)

FCB is right...24 man rosters don't seem to bother this front office. Going with 3 catchers is pretty much like going with a 24 man roster anyway.

I could see WK making a move, but it's going to be him grabbing someone who got cut or is on the verge of getting cut rather than some earthshattering move.

You mean like a Brandon Phillips or David Ross?

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
You mean like a Brandon Phillips or David Ross?

...or Joe Mays or Esteban Yan. ;)

Falls City Beer
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
...or Joe Mays or Esteban Yan. ;)

Or the almighty Quinton McCracken.

jimbo
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I wish they would of kept Santos up. Before last season in Pittsburgh were he was sub-par he put up two respectable seasons in Milwaukee.

Strictly my opinion, but I worry about any pitcher whose WHIP hovers around 1.50. Some of his other stats from those seasons may be respectable, but that WHIP is a red flag. I have no problem sending him to Louisville, keeping him in the same role, and increasing the sample size to determine if his spring training was just a fluke or not.

Prf15
04-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Strictly my opinion, but I worry about any pitcher whose WHIP hovers around 1.50. Some of his other stats from those seasons may be respectable, but that WHIP is a red flag. I have no problem sending him to Louisville, keeping him in the same role, and increasing the sample size to determine if his spring training was just a fluke or not.

Yeah his WHIP is pretty high, for some reason I didn't even look at it. I just saw he worked over a hundred innings both years and posted sub 5 ERA.

Always Red
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM

I like that idea, too. I'm not in a hurry for Santos to be on this team tomorrow; if he keeps pitching like he has, he'll be here soon enough and a welcome addition to middle to late relief (assuming he'll accept a spot at Louisville).

Did Conine play much in the OF this spring? If they don't add a RH OF bat, we could see a lot of The Body out there this spring, at least.

The dance continues- teams are going through each other's garbage bins right now, looking for a part that fits.

RedsManRick
04-01-2007, 04:21 PM
With Conine, we essentially have a 5th OF. And Javy can backup 1B if Conine is in the OF. This actually a fairly flexible roster. My guess is Wise in the last spot for a little speed and OF defense.

mth123
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Gotta say I don't mind 3 catchers if they're good players. Moeller isn't.

As for Saarloos, I like him in the pen better than in the rotation. Actually, if, as IslandRed posted, a 5th starter isn't needed until April 11th, it could just be Milton off the DL then and a position player added for now.

My Hope is that since Santos wasn't added and Saarloos is being discussed as a pen guy, maybe they recognized that a better quality starter than any of the internal options is needed and a deal is in the works. If one like that happens, I'll go from very pessimistic to encouraged.

As for Santos, if no one is acquired, they may as well use him now while he's pitching well. Once all the DL guys start coming back, he'll be so buried on the depth chart that there'll be no need to save him for later. I'd try to catch lightening in a bottle with him knowing he could be cut loose later when Bray or Maj are ready to come back if he stinks things up (which the back of his baseball card says he most likely will) or be replaced with Livingston, Ramirez, Salmon or even Bailey.

Rotater Cuff
04-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Headline is very misleading. Santos is not gone.

Newman4
04-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Kyle Davies lost his rotation spot with the Braves and got sent down to AAA. Trade? Well, I guess I can wish. ;)

edabbs44
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Gotta say I don't mind 3 catchers if they're good players. Moeller isn't.

It's a wasted roster spot. Especially in the NL. You need roster flexibility for double switches. And when your pitching staff isn't the type to consistently go into the 7th and 8th, you're going to need a deep bench.

So yes, if Ross/Javy/Moeller were Bench/Campanella/Berra, sure I wouldn't complain. But 3 "good" catchers will typically cost you some loot unless they are young. So the chances of the team carrying 3 good catchers which won't hamper your roster flexibility are....remote.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2410502117860102627

Caveat Emperor
04-01-2007, 06:12 PM
As for Saarloos, I like him in the pen better than in the rotation. Actually, if, as IslandRed posted, a 5th starter isn't needed until April 11th, it could just be Milton off the DL then and a position player added for now.

Unfortunately, the Milton scenario seems likely. If they were going to jettison Milton, they could've just done that today and saved themselves the trouble of sending him to the DL.

I like Saarloos in the pen as well, mostly because I like the change of pace it'll give hitters from guys like Arroyo and Harang, who are slightly flyball pitchers, to Saarloos who is an extreme groundball pitcher. However, if the choice is between Milton, Santos and Saarloos for the 5th starter spot, I go Saarloos every day of the week.

I doubt there is a deal in the works for a pitcher either -- the Reds really don't have a surplus anywhere they can deal from to get a pitcher that is anything better than below-replacement level. The best they could probably do, at this point, is bring in someone who is an options casualty from another organization.

BenHayes
04-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I just don't see keeping Saarloos or for that matter a third catcher in Moeller. To me that is just wasting spots on the roster. I hope they go with an eleven man staff for a while and try to get a bat to come off the bench.As an ex-catcher Naron loves to waste a spot with a third catcher, a .200 hitting Chad Moeller.Hopefully Cormier can be moved though probally at a loss.

cincy09
04-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I just don't see keeping Saarloos or for that matter a third catcher in Moeller. To me that is just wasting spots on the roster. I hope they go with an eleven man staff for a while and try to get a bat to come off the bench.As an ex-catcher Naron loves to waste a spot with a third catcher, a .200 hitting Chad Moeller.Hopefully Cormier can be moved though probally at a loss.

Why wouldn't you keep Saarloos??

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Why wouldn't you keep Saarloos??

Hopefully he means Santos. Saarloos I keep everyday out of the week.

mth123
04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
It's a wasted roster spot. Especially in the NL. You need roster flexibility for double switches. And when your pitching staff isn't the type to consistently go into the 7th and 8th, you're going to need a deep bench.

So yes, if Ross/Javy/Moeller were Bench/Campanella/Berra, sure I wouldn't complain. But 3 "good" catchers will typically cost you some loot unless they are young. So the chances of the team carrying 3 good catchers which won't hamper your roster flexibility are....remote.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2410502117860102627

Agree in General, but say the Reds are the Braves with McCann, Pena and Saltalamaccia. Those three are all good enough to be on the reds right now.

Rocket_Fuel
04-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Why wouldn't you keep Saarloos? He adds quality to a bullpen that was the worst in baseball last year, and make it light years better. He is also capable of being the #4 or #5 pitcher in the starting rotation, giving us some depth there as well.

Tony Cloninger
04-01-2007, 07:42 PM
But Arroyo and Harang do pitch into the 7th and 8th innings......Yet when they do people complain about them throwing too many innings. Pitches, i can understand, but not innings.

Those 2 guys can throw 100-110 and go 7-8....like they did last year...then the need for 12 pitchers is IMO...done. Plus you keep KS as your 5th starter and he is basically the extra bullpen guy. What this team could use is a Scott Sullivan type... a real long reliever. Let's clone Wayne Granger and Mike Marshall and then you will only need a 9-10 man piching staff.

If Milton is really hurt enough to go on the DL....i do not think you are allowed to cut him? I am hoping they bring in a RH bat with either pop.

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Those 2 guys can throw 100-110 and go 7-8....like they did last year...then the need for 12 pitchers is IMO...done. Plus you keep KS as your 5th starter and he is basically the extra bullpen guy. What this team could use is a Scott Sullivan type... a real long reliever. Let's clone Wayne Granger and Mike Marshall and then you will only need a 9-10 man piching staff.

I am afraid that after Harrang and Arroyo, the possiblities of just giving up four runs per game ends there...

I don't trust Lohse to give up just four and when/if Milton comes back I dont trust him to give up just four either.

The need for good long relief (Saarloos and Belisle) is still there.

BoydsOfSummer
04-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Open roster spot for the Clemens signing.

Nugget
04-01-2007, 08:45 PM
The open spot is because they are probably trying to work out who they can bring up and not lose to waivers when Milton has to be sent down. I'm guessing that they are hesitant to bring up Livingston if he is going to ride the pine or Santos as if they bring him up he is going to have to pass through waivers to go down. The other option is Wise but he will probably have the same problem as Santos. Could be Dickerson as he has options, maybe Salmon as another option in the bullpen.

Chip R
04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
The open spot is because they are probably trying to work out who they can bring up and not lose to waivers when Milton has to be sent down. I'm guessing that they are hesitant to bring up Livingston if he is going to ride the pine or Santos as if they bring him up he is going to have to pass through waivers to go down. The other option is Wise but he will probably have the same problem as Santos. Could be Dickerson as he has options, maybe Salmon as another option in the bullpen.

If they bring up a guy like Crosby or Wise, I don't think they care that much if they have to pass through waivers if they are sent back down. I'm sure they would rather keep them in the system but just remember, if anyone else claims them, they have to keep them or risk losing them on waivers just like the Reds.

LINEDRIVER
04-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Seems to me that alot of folks are dumping on Santos because of his past problems. However, he worked with Mario Soto this spring and maybe, just maybe, something has clicked.

If Moeller is around, Valentin will probably be catching less and pinch-hitting more. I think JerrNarr and Kriv look at Valentin as their best pinch-hitter.

I would like to see Burton in the closer's role to see what he can do rather than go with this committee of old-timers crap. I know what Weathers can do and it can get ugly at times. Stanton is 39? 40?

buckeyenut
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Shame the Reds didn't get Denorfia Clone, Brady Clark, before the Dodgers.

Actually, if I remember the timing right, we didn't need Clark at the time the Dodgers signed him. Denorfia wasn't hurt yet and we were trying to fit Hamilton in.

Although you have to think they might have been as interested in Cormier as Dessens.

Dracodave
04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Actually, if I remember the timing right, we didn't need Clark at the time the Dodgers signed him. Denorfia wasn't hurt yet and we were trying to fit Hamilton in.

Although you have to think they might have been as interested in Cormier as Dessens.

If you use that trade as a basis of Deno's worth though. He's not worth much to other teams.

gm
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Open roster spot for the Clemens signing.

I didn't know Kody was ML-ready ;)

Nugget
04-01-2007, 09:54 PM
If they bring up a guy like Crosby or Wise, I don't think they care that much if they have to pass through waivers if they are sent back down. I'm sure they would rather keep them in the system but just remember, if anyone else claims them, they have to keep them or risk losing them on waivers just like the Reds.

Probably right considering Wise got through last year - my guess the big mulling is over Santos or Livingston? Given that they cut Wise knowing that they were going to head north with only 4 outfielders plus Conine they just don't think they need the extra OF.

Chip R
04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Probably right considering Wise got through last year - my guess the big mulling is over Santos or Livingston? Given that they cut Wise knowing that they were going to head north with only 4 outfielders plus Conine they just don't think they need the extra OF.

Santos was signed to a minor league deal. If they decide to keep him on the 25 man roster, he's either going to pitch well enough to keep his spot or he's going to blow and they will either release him or try to send him down to the minors. Livingston has options left and has already been optioned to the minors. He can come up and down all year long and the Reds won't lose him.

Eric_Davis
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM

That is it. This is the reason for the move, nothing else.

Nugget
04-02-2007, 02:49 AM
Santos was signed to a minor league deal. If they decide to keep him on the 25 man roster, he's either going to pitch well enough to keep his spot or he's going to blow and they will either release him or try to send him down to the minors. Livingston has options left and has already been optioned to the minors. He can come up and down all year long and the Reds won't lose him.

My take on Livingston is that if he is brought up he will be in the rotation. As has been noted the REDS don't need a fifth starter until mid-April at which time Milton is eligible to come off the DL. Livingston would be wasted if he was brought up for that. The other thing is Sarloos can spot start so maybe they are working out who needs to be the 25th man for a week or so before being either sent to Louisville or MLB oblivion.

The other option is that you keep Livingston or Santos and send Milton through waivers.:evil:

LoganBuck
04-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Can Livingston come up or does he have to wait 10 days? Would that be tied to Milton going on the DL?

Danny Serafini
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Santos got the call, his contract was purchased this morning according to the team press notes.

Tommyjohn25
04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Santos got the call, his contract was purchased this morning according to the team press notes.

Interesting....wonder why they didn't just do that yesterday?

Danny Serafini
04-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Must not have found anything better sorting through other teams' leftovers.

reds44
04-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Interesting....wonder why they didn't just do that yesterday?
They probably were trying to work a trade, which they couldn't get down, so they just brought Santos up. I know the tried to get Ellison from San Fran, so I wouldn't be surprised if a trade still goes down in the next week or so.

paulrichjr
04-02-2007, 09:11 AM
They probably were trying to work a trade, which they couldn't get down, so they just brought Santos up. I know the tried to get Ellison from San Fran, so I wouldn't be surprised if a trade still goes down in the next week or so.

Why bring up Santos? Now they have to expose him to waivers when they get ready to send him down which will happen when Milton, Bray, or Majewski are ready. I don't understand this at all.

Redsland
04-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Can Livingston come up or does he have to wait 10 days? Would that be tied to Milton going on the DL?
Normally they'd have to wait, but DLing Milton creates a loophole.

PuffyPig
04-02-2007, 11:20 AM
As has been noted the REDS don't need a fifth starter until mid-April at which time Milton is eligible to come off the DL.

We actually need that 5th starter on April 8 (Sunday).

BRM
04-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Santos or Saarloos would make that start if Milty isn't activated. That's my assumption at least.

Sea Ray
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM

They ought to change the title of this thread as it is inaccurate

Redsland
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Heck, Deno can make that start. His TJ surgery is tomorrow.

Eric_Davis
04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
It was all logistics and it was handled perfectly by the REDS' front office. It's great to see that they know what they are doing as opposed to some other front offices around the league.