PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga Roster

JaxRed
04-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Will post tonight, changing a lot. Bruce not on it.

BRM
04-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Jay must be starting in Sarasota.

JaxRed
04-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Pitchers
Avery
Bohorquez
Bumatay
Flannery
Guevera
LeCure
Mallett
Medlock
Pelland
Till
Vazquez

Catchers
Hanigan
Purdom

Infielders
Anderson
Bolivar
Cosme
Cruz
Janish

Outfielders
Dickerson
Garthwaite
Guttierrez
Strait
Marland Williams

Degenerate39
04-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Can't say I've heard of too many of those guys

dougdirt
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Avery, Lecure, Pelland, Vazquez and who is the 5th starter?

reds44
04-02-2007, 09:50 PM
No Cueto or Bruce?

dougdirt
04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Both will start in Sarasota it would appear.

reds44
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
That's dissapointing, especially on Cueto's part.

dougdirt
04-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I first heard about Cueto two or three days ago. Makes little sense to me considering I cant even find a 5th starter for the Lookouts team right now.... but maybe there is something the team wants him to work on. I dont think Cueto spends much time in Sarasota if he performs well.

JaxRed
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I think Flannery is 5th starter

dougdirt
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
if its Mike Flannery, who is the only Flannery that makes sense on thebaseballcube.com, then I doubt it. He has 13 starts in 327 games and they all came in 2000. He also has never thrown more than 70 innings in a season.

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Damn. I thought Cueto was a lock for Chattanooga. They are being alful conservative this year. Starting the college guys in Dayton and Cueto in Sarasota?

JaxRed
04-02-2007, 11:16 PM
It is Mike. Bad guess on my part.

JaxRed
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Posted at Minor League Baseball now. They also have Luke Lockwood on team.

dougdirt
04-03-2007, 12:51 AM
OK, I am taking Justin Mallett as the #5 starter. He had 7 starts in the FSL last year in 11 appearances there. He is the only guy who makes even a little sense.

JaxRed
04-03-2007, 12:55 AM
And they said the rosters are fluid, so it may be someone not on the team yet

HokieRed
04-03-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't think I'd make anything of Cueto's not being on the AA roster yet. You've still got Gosling and Kelley to be assigned and presumably Milton's going to need some place to do a rehab start. So the plan may still be to use Cueto at AA after things settle out.

dougdirt
04-03-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't think I'd make anything of Cueto's not being on the AA roster yet. You've still got Gosling and Kelley to be assigned and presumably Milton's going to need some place to do a rehab start. So the plan may still be to use Cueto at AA after things settle out.

I heard Cueto was already told he was starting the opener in Sarasota, so Idon't think that is the plan.

Triples
04-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Looking at the infielders on the roster I'm wondering who is going to play 1b. Bolivar played 3b alot in Chatt last year, so I could see him there or at 2b some. Cosme, it appears played mostly at 3b as well last year but did have 7 games at 1b and 14 games collectively between SS & 2b last year. don't seen anyone else that has played at 1b before.

JaxRed
04-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I think Gutterrez plays 1b and Strait, Gartwaite and Dickerson are the OF's

Triples
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM

I was able to confirm with certainty that Jay Bruce is not currently in Chattanooga and that he is in Sarasota. How long it will stay that way is anybody's guess but for right now he won't be won't be making the Choo Choo come out from behind the scoreboard anytime soon.

dougdirt
04-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Jay will be in Chattanooga by June 15th, I am calling that one right now. He is going to go nuts on the FSL.

OnBaseMachine
04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Man, I was really hoping Cueto and Bruce would start the year in Chattanooga. I kind of figured Bruce would start at Sarasota but I held out hope for Chattanooga. Cueto is what surprised me - I thought he was a lock for Chattanooga after thoroughly dominating the FSL the final month of last season.

M2
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm assuming that's Tonys Gutierrez, not Jesse.

What in the heck are Medlock and Guevara repeating this level for? Guys like Tom Shearn and Jake Robbins were made to be bumped.

Glad to see Cueto wasn't moved up. Development is not a race and the teams who treat it like it is lose more often than not.

Anyone know what happened to Carlos Alvarado? I'm guessing he's moved onto another organization.

I'm also guessing from this roster that Pelland's still in the rotation, which immediately makes me think of this:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/jellery/rocky_and_bullwinkle.jpg

Triples
04-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Jay will be in Chattanooga by June 15th, I am calling that one right now. He is going to go nuts on the FSL.

Hope you're right. I would love to see him play and Chatt is much closer than Sarasota.

Mario-Rijo
04-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I think that one ingredient we are missing is $$$. The better all the MiL affiliates are the more $$$'s you pull in. Guys who could be AA players are great pieces for the high A team and etc. Once they cannot get any better at a level then they need to be moved, otherwise play them there and take in a better revenue with a better product.

Dickerson for example played at AAA all or most of last year, but he simply wasn't hitting consistently enough. Move him to AA where he can work on some things and still rake and it's a win-win for player and organization. Assuming Chris takes it the way anyone with that dream should (competitively speaking) then there is no downside. If he doesn't take it well then maybe he doesn't have what it takes afterall.

IMO it's a great scenario. :thumbup:

dougdirt
04-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I think that one ingredient we are missing is $$$. The better all the MiL affiliates are the more $$$'s you pull in. Guys who could be AA players are great pieces for the high A team and etc. Once they cannot get any better at a level then they need to be moved, otherwise play them there and take in a better revenue with a better product.

Dickerson for example played at AAA all or most of last year, but he simply wasn't hitting consistently enough. Move him to AA where he can work on some things and still rake and it's a win-win for player and organization. Assuming Chris takes it the way anyone with that dream should (competitively speaking) then there is no downside. If he doesn't take it well then maybe he doesn't have what it takes afterall.

IMO it's a great scenario. :thumbup:

There is absolutely no money made in the FSL. I honestly believe that Dayton has more fans in 2 games than the Sarasota Reds have all year. Chris Dickerson also spent his entire year in Chattanooga last year.

M2
04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Dickerson for example played at AAA all or most of last year, but he simply wasn't hitting consistently enough.

Dickerson spent all of last season in AA. He's yet to play a single game in AAA.