PDA

View Full Version : Reds picked to Win Central!!!

kaldaniels
04-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Verducci.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_heyman/04/02/scoop.monday/1.html

redsrule2500
04-03-2007, 12:34 AM
haha nice, finally someone with some sort of faith for this team!

They don't matter anyway, but it's still annoying talking to my Indians Friends...

Nugget
04-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Isn't he the same guys who said the REDS were one of six teams to not have a chance of winning the world series this year.

RedEye
04-03-2007, 02:23 AM
haha nice, finally someone with some sort of faith for this team!

I'm not sure I'd call it faith. His Reds prediction seems to more of a shot at the NL Central than anything else. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

macro
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Isn't he the same guys who said the REDS were one of six teams to not have a chance of winning the world series this year.

No, I think that was Verducci, who kal referenced in the original post.

SunDeck
04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
And not posted on 4/1.
How 'bout that?

RedlegNation
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure I'd call it faith. His Reds prediction seems to more of a shot at the NL Central than anything else. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I'll take what I can get. Let's be honest, a large part of the reason why I believe that the Reds have a shot is because the Central is so crappy. It's just a fact that this division is not great. The Reds may not be contenders in a better division.

That said, the Reds are not in a better division, so they do have a chance to win this thing. And once you are in the playoffs, anything can happen.

I think there is a recent precedent of a less than stellar team from this division winning a World Series. Why can't it be the Reds this year?

Hope springs eternal.