PDA

View Full Version : Weather Question

geniusMoment
04-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Starting Wednesday the low temperatures are going to be around 21 degrees for the rest of the week. Can a baseball game be called for temperatures in the lower twenties, as these night games will be unbearable. Honestly, I wouldn't play Griffey in any of the upcoming night games. Even the mid 40's day games have me nervous. It figures the weather turns the second the season starts.

sonny
04-03-2007, 04:46 AM
I dont think a game can be called if the weather is 20 degrees. Just ask Detroit.

redsmetz
04-03-2007, 05:27 AM
Starting Wednesday the low temperatures are going to be around 21 degrees for the rest of the week. Can a baseball game be called for temperatures in the lower twenties, as these night games will be unbearable. Honestly, I wouldn't play Griffey in any of the upcoming night games. Even the mid 40's day games have me nervous. It figures the weather turns the second the season starts.

As the other poster noted, it's doubtful they would call the game because of significant cold. I haven't heard the 21 degrees report; more in the 30 or so lows. This happens every year in the northern cities.

You are right though that you may see some players who tender hammies and such sit out a game or two, but this is standard procedure in the early weeks of the season. As some folks often say, "nothing happening here, please move along".

redsgabp
04-03-2007, 06:16 AM

do they cancel nfl games?

no, mlb wont cancel the game.

it will be time to man-up, it's not as if they don't have long sleeves.

as for people in the stands, just bundle up and take a blanket.

a + to this is that your beer won't get warm. :beerme:

Ltlabner
04-03-2007, 06:35 AM
You are right though that you may see some players who tender hammies and such sit out a game or two, but this is standard procedure in the early weeks of the season.

Holy crap. The weather might radically change over the course of a few days in Southern Ohio. Whoda thunk it? When did this start?

Driver62
04-03-2007, 10:55 AM
They won't cancel the game unless it rains. Years ago, I saw a game at Riverfront and it snowed during the game but they still played.

geniusMoment
04-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Damn, the low on Friday is now listed as 19. Have fun at that game.

rotnoid
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
The 2001 World Series says hello.