PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Roster Posted

JaxRed
04-03-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=416&stn=true&sid=t416

Looks complete for 2007

Joseph
04-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Good to see the 3 catcher thing there too.

dougdirt
04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
There are 3 catchers in Dayton, Louisville and Cincinnati. Next year, the Reds go with 4 catchers!

BRM
04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Good to see the 3 catcher thing there too.

Conway must be a terrific pinch-hitter.

texasdave
04-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Louisville only has 3 outfielders on the roster. wow. this organization needs some outfield depth.

TRF
04-03-2007, 12:05 PM
That is on OLD roster. be glad when some of the younger talent starts filtering up.

kapers
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I count 26 players. Should they have a 25 man roster? Is someone on the DL, for example Jake Robbins who hasn't been pitching for them and as far as I know, hasn't even signed a contract (which if he's injured from Winter Ball might make sense)? They seemed to have dropped a lot of players off that roster this week and moved them to AA. Chatanooga is also showing 3 catchers so there certainly isn't any shortage of catchers in the Reds organization.

dougdirt
04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I count 26 players. Should they have a 25 man roster? Is someone on the DL, for example Jake Robbins who hasn't been pitching for them and as far as I know, hasn't even signed a contract (which if he's injured from Winter Ball might make sense)? They seemed to have dropped a lot of players off that roster this week and moved them to AA. Chatanooga is also showing 3 catchers so there certainly isn't any shortage of catchers in the Reds organization.

Perez is on the DL for a while though.

Red Leader
04-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Chatanooga is also showing 3 catchers so there certainly isn't any shortage of catchers in the Reds organization.

There's no number shortage of catchers in the system. The shortage is in the talent / ceiling department.

klw
04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
On the plus side there is no one blocking Jay Bruce from moving up.

kapers
04-03-2007, 03:45 PM

kapers
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Sorry for the duplicate, I was refreshing a page and apparently it was the one with the post.:redface:

TexRed
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Jorgensen on the DL to start the season. Still doing rehab in Sarasota due to injury sustained in camp.

camisadelgolf
04-04-2007, 03:56 AM
They need only three outfielders because they plan on having a revolving door of Reds outfielders doing rehab (Freel, Hamilton, etc.--or am I talking about the wrong rehab?).

sonny
04-04-2007, 05:58 AM
They need only three outfielders because they plan on having a revolving door of Reds outfielders doing rehab (Freel, Hamilton, etc.--or am I talking about the wrong rehab?).

Wow. That was a bit uncalled for

camisadelgolf
04-04-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry. I guess that kind of shows you what kind of day it's been for me. Having only three outfielders in AAA kind of irks me, though.

Benihana
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Homer is five years younger than anyone on the roster (with the exception of Votto, only three years older than Homer). Pretty good stuff!

dougdirt
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Homer is five years younger than anyone on the roster (with the exception of Votto, only three years older than Homer). Pretty good stuff!

Actually thats pretty bad. We have very little young talent in AAA. The good thing is, the little young talent we do have (Votto and Bailey) are both very good.

Doc. Scott
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think Jake Robbins is still in the organization. If he is, he was definitely having the stealth camp.

kapers
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't think Jake Robbins is still in the organization. If he is, he was definitely having the stealth camp.

I have followed Jake Robbins since 2002 (rooting for a nice guy to get a chance to live his dream, however brief). This is the first time I've not been able to find anything on him. He declared free agency in Oct, pitched in 6 games of Winter Ball, and disappeared from my radar after that. But he keeps showing up on this roster, they've replaced his Yaquis de Obregon pic with his Bats pic, and seemed to have cleared off all the other FA's that were listed on the roster all off-season (Bentz, Bauscher, etc). So I'm thinking he was injured in Winter Ball and will start the season on the DL. I read there were only supposed to be 24 men on the AAA roster and there's 26. So if Jorgensen and Robbins are on the DL, there's your 24. Just wish I knew for sure. I have a little boy who met Jake and has never forgotten him. He keeps asking to go see him pitch and this was the season we were going to try and make it up to Louisville since we're going to be a few hours from there this summer (in Texas now). It's hard to believe that no one knows where this guy physically is.

TheWalls
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Actually thats pretty bad. We have very little young talent in AAA. The good thing is, the little young talent we do have (Votto and Bailey) are both very good.

I view this as a temporary phenomenon. The top of our farm system was so bad that something had to be done until the kids in A ball developed. Therefore, we have a bunch of AAAA retreads in L'Ville right now until the young studs in A and AA are ready. Give this a year or two and the AAA roster will be much younger. Krivsky's restocking of the farm is simply going to take some time. The one positive I see is much more serviceable pitching depth at AAA than in recent memory. IMHO Majik, Livingston, Bray (DL), Salmon, Dumatrait and Bailey are all major league ready or really close.