PDA

View Full Version : Useless Trivia

GoReds
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
The last time the Reds held an opponent to one run on Opening Day was 1996. The Reds defeated the Montreal Expos 4-1.

Pete Schourek went 5 innings to pick up the win. It was one of only four wins for Schourek who went on to a 4-5 record with a 6.06 ERA in 12 games.

Tim Pugh (pre-Royals) went 3 innings, holding the Montreal Expos scoreless. He would appear in 10 games for the Reds, sporting a 1-1 record and an 11.49 ERA.

Marcus Moore picked up the save with a shutout inning. Moore appeared in 23 games as a Red, adding one more save on his way to a 3-3, 5.81 season. It was his last in the bigs.

Chris Sabo was the star of the game, collecting 2 hits and driving in three of the four runs.

Eric Davis returned to the Reds after being out of baseball during the 2005 season. Davis went 0-4 in the leadoff role.

The Reds defeated Jeff Fassero who surrendered two runs in four innings on his way to a 15-11/3.30 season.

Appearing in the game and active today:
Moises Alou 1-4
Mark Grudzielanek 1-5, R
Rondell White 1-4, RBI
Reggie Sanders 0-2, R,SB

The Reds finished the month 9-16 and the year 81-81.

*courtesy www.baseball-almanac.com

Red Leader
04-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I think I heard during yesterday's broadcast that the only Reds Opening Day starting pitcher since 1997 that's still active (besides Harang) is Brett Tomko. I think that was the right time frame. Regardless, that just shows you how pathetic the Reds pitching has been the last 10 years. Ten years. 2 starting pitchers still actively pitching.

BuckU
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I think I heard during yesterday's broadcast that the only Reds Opening Day starting pitcher since 1997 that's still active (besides Harang) is Brett Tomko. I think that was the right time frame. Regardless, that just shows you how pathetic the Reds pitching has been the last 10 years. Ten years. 2 starting pitchers still actively pitching.

Really, you mean Joey Hamilton's no longer pitching? ;)