PDA

View Full Version : TV announcers running out of things to say appreciation thread.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Having bought MLB.tv, I've been watching a lot of games the last day and a half. And one thing I've noticed: When the announcers run out of things to say, they talk about some really weird things.

I'm watching the Giants-Padres game right now, and one of the announcers just went on a tangent talking about why the word "squadron" was one of his favorites, and possibly the greatest word in the English language.

Last night I was watching the Mariners game since I have Felix Hernandez on my fantasy team and they were talking about different haircuts.

I think these guys should be required to go out and do something on off days so they have something to talk about:laugh:

Any particular weird announcer stories some of you guys have heard before?

sonny
04-03-2007, 07:26 PM
and its only the first series of the season. just think how difficult it must be to entertain yourself through 162 of those badboys.

Newman4
04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Well, GG first got me shaking my head when he proclaimed Six Four Three to be a "great handler of the bat" and then stated "last year he finished up at .246"

Jr's Boy
04-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Just do like Nuxie.

TC81190
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Just do like Nuxie.

"THER-AWT steps in..."

"THERE-IO, Joe, THERE-IO!"

OldRightHander
04-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Tomato plants, comparisons of golf games, and the stories from a national newspaper. Need I say more?