PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter to miss next start

Falls City Beer
04-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Carpenter will miss his next start due to elbow inflammation.

Tom Servo
04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Maybe they can move Ryan Franklin into the rotation. :ughmamoru

coachw513
04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
From the Associated Press:

ST. LOUIS -- Chris Carpenter will miss his next turn in the St. Louis Cardinals' pitching rotation due to right elbow inflammation.

Carpenter allowed five runs in six innings of a 6-1 loss to the New York Mets in Sunday night's opener. The Cardinals said Carpenter will be evaluated over the next three days.

Carpenter had been slotted to pitch again on Friday, jumping ahead of Adam Wainwright and Anthony Reyes to keep him on his regular routine despite two off days in the opening week.

Boys, this is spectacularly bad news for the Cardinals...I don't care how "unserious" this is going potentially to be reported...the ace of an already shaky rotation, their anchor is hurting after ONE start this season...

My oh my!! I refuse to hit the beer-me smiley, but gosh, I sure want to!!

edabbs44
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow...wow...wow...

Not to wish any bad things on the Cards, as beating them down at full strength is always better...

But this isn't the worst news for us Reds fans. Elbow inflammation is a rather large problem. Wish CC the best, but don't rush back!

vaticanplum
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Cardinals are still my pick to win the division. But if they lose Carpenter for any significant amount of time, they're sunk.

mound_patrol
04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
I may have to eat crow on this later, but I can't see the cardinals finishing higher than third even with a healthy Carpenter. Pujols and Rolen are the only formidable hitters in their lineup, and I think their rotation and bullpen is much shakier then ours. Just my opinion though. Hope I'm right

SirFelixCat
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
On another board, I picked the Brewers and Reds to battle for the division winner this year, with the Cards 3rd, Cubs 4th, Astros 5th and Bucs last. We shall see.

That being said, what a HUGE loss that would be to them. Granted it's 'only' inflammation, but these things tend to get worse instead of better. I hope not, as I wouldn't wish injury to anyone not named Bonds, but still...I do hope he takes his time coming back though ;)

Strikes Out Looking
04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh this is just to bad. Somewhere tonight George Grande is weeping.

Prf15
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I seriously don't understand why people are picking the Cards to win the division. There rotation is in bad shape as well as there bullpen except for Izzy.

OnBaseMachine
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Speaking of the Cardinals, the Mets lead them 4-0 in the 7th inning at Busch. El Duque has a 4-hit shutout through 6 innings.

MaineRed
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh this is just to bad. Somewhere tonight George Grande is weeping.

I wonder if George gets himself to sleep at night by repeating:

"Tough blow for the Redbirds Chris ... Tough blow for the Redbirds Chris .... Tough blow for the Redbirds Chris ...."

I also bet when he heard the news he started running around screaming:

"He's got it, he got it!"

Got what George?

"Elbow inflamation!"

Tough blow for the Redbirds.

George Anderson
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Eric Milton would look good in a Red Birds uniform!:)

Jpup
04-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Carpenter will miss his next start due to elbow inflammation.

I can't believe you were able to bring yourself to post this. :evil:

RBA
04-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Eric Milton would look good in a Red Birds uniform!:)

This is how it woud go down. WK trades Miton and $15 Million in cash to the Nationals for some 39 year old AA pitcher. Bowden trades Milton to the Cardinals and keeps the Reds cash.