PDA

View Full Version : So this firefighter is wearing a bikini and a wig ...

HotCorner
04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a joke but it's just plain weird. :help:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070404/NEWS01/304030027

MASON – A Wayne Township firefighter was released from the Warren County jail about 7:30 a.m. today after he was charged Tuesday night with drunk driving and wearing a woman's wig and bikini in a public park.

Steven S. Cole, 46, Waynesville, was arrested about 5 p.m. Tuesday after Mason police received a report of an intoxicated man at Heritage Oak Park.

He was charged with driving under the influence, having an open container, public indecency and disorderly conduct, jail officials said today.

Cole is scheduled to appear Thursday morning in Mason Municipal Court.

The Enquirer will continue to update this story as information develops.

BRM
04-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Article says he was intoxicated. Shocking.

HotCorner
04-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Article says he was intoxicated. Shocking.

No doubt. It would have been a lot harder to explain had he been sober. Yet I still wonder how this all played out.

MrCinatit
04-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Since he is 46, I guess that rules out rookie hazing.
Maybe he just has an...uh..."interesting" hobby on the side.

Redsland
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
A Wayne Township firefighter was released from the Warren County jail about 7:30 a.m. today after he was charged Tuesday night with drunk driving and wearing a woman's wig and bikini in a public park.
That does not make sense.

http://www.needtovent.com/reviews/South_Park/Chewbacca_Defense/Chewbacca_Defense.jpg

rotnoid
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
So he was charged with "wearing a woman's wig and bikini?" How's that against the law?

Now they tell me :bang:

Roy Tucker
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
My kids play baseball, softball, and soccer over in that park. Your garden-variety suburban park.

I don't get the public indecency part. If he wants to wear a wig and a bikini in public and has the figure to pull it off, then OK.

Heath
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I wonder if the bikini was too small, if you know what I mean.

savafan
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
How could he have been charged with both drunk driving and public indecency? If he's in his car, then he's not in the park, right?

Chip R
04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
How could he have been charged with both drunk driving and public indecency? If he's in his car, then he's not in the park, right?

He is out in public.

Redsland
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
If that's what he wears to the park, I wonder what he wears to fires?

:evil:

Chip R
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
It may have been more indecent if he hadn't been wearing the bikini top - to say nothing about the bottoms.

zombielady
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
This is silly! The dui part I can see... but as long as his bits and pieces were covered by the bikini, I see no reason he should be charged with indecency... just by having the top on he was more decent than some of the guys I used to see at Kings Island...

Matt700wlw
04-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Strange? Yes. Freak? Yes.

However, aside from public intoxication, I don't know what he can really be charged with

zombielady
04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Of course, in Mason (my home town) it's considered indecent if your shoes aren't name brand... Bunch a uptight people in Mason... seriously...

HotCorner
04-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Here's an update ...

"It was like this freak show," Troy Harphant, 35, said today. "I was a little taken by surprise by what I'd seen there. It was out of place with what should have been going on over there, that's for sure."

Harphant was at the park with his wife, Wendy, and daughter, Hayley, 6.

He said he spotted a bikini-clad person on a bike path get into a Ford F-150 pickup truck with red emergency lights on top. He realized it was a man.

"My wife said, 'It's a lady,' and I was like, 'no, it's not a lady,'" he said.

He called police. Mason Police Officer Scott Miller arrived and wrote in his report that he saw the driver, Cole, wearing a blond wig and dark sunglasses.

"As Cole exited the vehicle, I observed Cole to be wearing a very skimpy woman's blue bikini with two tan water balloons taped to the top to simulate two woman's breasts and a pair of pink Speedo flip-flop sandals," Miller wrote in his report.

"I asked Cole what he was doing wearing a woman's bikini at the park where families frequent," the officer wrote, "and Cole did not provide an answer. Cole did state he was headed to a 'gay" bar in Dayton to perform as a woman for a $10,000 prize."

Cole was charged with driving under the influence, having an open container, public indecency and disorderly conduct. Police say he had a blood alcohol content of .174, more than the legal limit of 0.08. Cole was released from jail this morning.

Harphant said he hopes Cole is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

"As far as I am concerned, anybody that works in public service - firefighter, EMT, police officer, whatever - it's unethical and it ought to cost him his job," he said.

Cole did not respond to a call for comment at his home. Wayne Township's fire chief also did not return a call for comment.

Danny Serafini
04-04-2007, 03:07 PM
"As far as I am concerned, anybody that works in public service - firefighter, EMT, police officer, whatever - it's unethical and it ought to cost him his job," he said.

While I won't condone the drunken driving portion, I didn't realize ethics were important in fighting a fire. Sounds like someone is overreacting there.

rotnoid
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
It's nice that they gave Speedo a free plug there.

TeamSelig
04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
What a weird, weird water waster.

TeamBoone
04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
According to the local news, he was on his way to a fundraiser, where the firemen were dressing up like women and performing some dance.

But he was drunk. Which may be why he was walking instead of driving. You'd think he could have changed into his costume when he arrived at his destination though.

RedFanAlways1966
04-05-2007, 08:03 AM
This morning the news said the police are stating that he was fondling himself in the park; hence, the reason for the public indecency charge.

HotCorner
04-05-2007, 08:30 AM
According to the local news, he was on his way to a fundraiser, where the firemen were dressing up like women and performing some dance.

But he was drunk. Which may be why he was walking instead of driving. You'd think he could have changed into his costume when he arrived at his destination though.

This is from the Enquirer ...

"I asked Cole what he was doing wearing a woman's bikini at the park where families frequent," the officer wrote, "and Cole did not provide an answer. Cole did state he was headed to a 'gay" bar in Dayton to perform as a woman for a $10,000 prize."

dabvu2498
04-05-2007, 08:36 AM
What a cross-dressing firefighter looks like:http://cmsimg.enquirer.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=AB&Date=20070405&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=704050403&Ref=AR&Profile=1077&MaxW=315&border=1

HotCorner
04-05-2007, 10:16 AM
What a cross-dressing firefighter looks like:http://cmsimg.enquirer.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=AB&Date=20070405&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=704050403&Ref=AR&Profile=1077&MaxW=315&border=1

My eyes! :yikes: Now my stomach!:barf:

BoydsOfSummer
04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Maybe he just went into the bushes to take a whiz? :dunno:

You know the saying. If you shake it more than once, you're fondling it.

Ltlabner
04-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I heard on early radio reports this morning that in addition to being drunk and oddly attired, he was also....um..."enjoying" himself. Fondling was the exact word they used.

I have a fealing that got him in more trouble than just wearing a bikini around.

Redsland
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Mug shots (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0405071drag1.html). Lots and lots of them.

:runawaycr

texasdave
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Don't all firefighters carry around a couple of water balloons with them in the park just in case they stumble across a budding forest fire. I think old Smokey the Bear would be proud of this guy.

Ltlabner
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Mug shots (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0405071drag1.html). Lots and lots of them.

I will neg you daily for posting those. :evil:

TeamDunn
04-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I realize this is public information and all...but the name of the witness (and his address) as well as this guys address should have been blacked out before that report was given out. If he has a family you know they are getting crap from all sides. If I were the witness I would not want my name and address given out like that. No wonder people will not come forward when they see something happen.

Anyone else think the news has become nothing but a gossip session in the restroom?

MrCinatit
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Hey...I dated that chick. giggidy-giggidy-giggidy...Oh yeahhhh!
Wait...
Oh God.
Oh God!
OH GOD!

TeamBoone
04-05-2007, 08:46 PM
This is from the Enquirer ...

Yes, so much for my memory of what the news said. I was just coming in to correct it.

So sorry I screwed it up.