PDA

View Full Version : FSN-Cincinnati on DirectTV in NE Ohio?

Yachtzee
04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I know this is a long shot, but are there any other folks up here in NE Ohio getting the FSN-Cincinnati feed for tonight's game? I haven't bought the sports package or anything and in years past FSN-Cincinnati required a subscription. For some reason, not only am I getting it, but it looks like I'm going to get the game instead of some lousy poker game. If I can get the Reds without having to buy MLB EI, that would be too good to be true!

toledodan
04-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I know this is a long shot, but are there any other folks up here in NE Ohio getting the FSN-Cincinnati feed for tonight's game? I haven't bought the sports package or anything and in years past FSN-Cincinnati required a subscription. For some reason, not only am I getting it, but it looks like I'm going to get the game instead of some lousy poker game. If I can get the Reds without having to buy MLB EI, that would be too good to be true!

with the indians being on STO the local cable in your area may not be blocking the reds anymore. we had a similar thing here in toledo this year with the tigers and indians. i get the indian games now after they were blacked out all of last season. now the tigers are being blacked out on directv for me.:rolleyes:

RBA
04-04-2007, 09:23 PM
It might just because MLB EI is free preview this week on Directv.

Yachtzee
04-04-2007, 09:59 PM
It might just because MLB EI is free preview this week on Directv.

Could be. I did a little surfing. Some of the regional sports networks are blacked out. Others are not. I suppose I'll find out soon.

sacred_donkey
04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm in NE Ohio and noticed the same thing. However, I think it may have something to do with the free EI preview because I also noticed that I'm getting any of the fox sports networks that is currently showing a baseball game. Then once the games are over, the channel is blacked out again...

Yachtzee
04-04-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm in NE Ohio and noticed the same thing. However, I think it may have something to do with the free EI preview because I also noticed that I'm getting any of the fox sports networks that is currently showing a baseball game. Then once the games are over, the channel is blacked out again...

Yep. As soon as the game ended, I realized what was going on. Apparently the EI preview has resulted in the regional networks showing ballgames being available for the game. Once the game is over, the networks are no longer available. Odd, since I believe if you subscribe to the regional sports, the games are blacked out.