PDA

View Full Version : Dice-K

Royals Fan
04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I am heading out to the K for the Red Sox and Royals matchup. I give a report of How Dice-K looked against some real MLB hitters.Nice Match up with Greinke facing the Red Sox.Jason Larue will not start after playing last night.Go Reds and Royals today !!!

Chip R
04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I am heading out to the K for the Red Sox and Royals matchup. I give a report of How Dice-K looked against some real MLB hitters.Nice Match up with Greinke facing the Red Sox.Jason Larue will not start after playing last night.Go Reds and Royals today !!!

Man, it's a good thing you are going to give us a report cause otherwise I don't think we'll be able to get any info about how he did. ;) Have fun. The K is one of my favorite stadiums.

Johnny Footstool
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Man, it's a good thing you are going to give us a report cause otherwise I don't think we'll be able to get any info about how he did. ;)

:laugh:

Royals Fan
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
My thoughts on Dice-K.He is an above average SP- with good movement on his fastball and off speed stuff is what will take awhile for MLB to adjsut to, Ross Gload did not looked good at first plate apprene but on 2nd at bat- he made an adjsutment and sent deep drive to the warning track,That where the League will caught up with Dice-K on the 2nd go around for each club like there dis with Nomo and with on going adjustment with Saito with the Dodgers and plus it 38 degree at the K this afternoon and alot Japanesse media all around the K.I heard alot boo for Dice-K for sone his antics on the mound between pitches. I an afraid this type of reaction will be plenty where ever he goes with the Japanesse media- thy seam alot resentment from the American crowd towrds Dice-k.

M2
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
With the exception of David DeJesus, Matsuzaka's pretty much had his way with the Royals today. He's been painting the corners with about a half dozen different pitches. He's coming back out for the 7th, so we'll see how he does now that he's up around 100 pitches.

blumj
04-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Greinke outpitched him. If they've got him straightened out, the Royals might really have something. That's an awfully tough division, though.

M2
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Greinke outpitched him. If they've got him straightened out, the Royals might really have something. That's an awfully tough division, though.

I completely disagree. Greinke's fastball is sitting 87-88 and he's giving up a ton of flyballs (to go with four doubles). Only the frigid conditions in K.C. are keeping the ball in the park. I saw Al Nipper have a game like this against Brett Saberhagen at Fenway once.

Meanwhile Daisuke whiffed two and got a shallow fly in the 7th.

Royals Fan
04-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I was very impress with Zack against David Ortiz- He got struck him out 3 times.Zack has world potential hopefully his mind straight and he become the SP- we all hope can be for the Royals.

registerthis
04-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Matsuzaka struck out 10 and gave up 6 hits through 7 IP. Greinke struck out 7 and gave up 8 hits through 7 IP.

Both pitchers pitched a great game, but Matsuzaka was clearly the better of the 2.

dougdirt
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Greinke could be Comeback Player of the Year.

He has the talent. Hopefully he has his head going in the right direction.

DTCromer
04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
My thoughts on Dice-K.He is an above average SP- with good movement on his fastball and off speed stuff is what will take awhile for MLB to adjsut to, Ross Gload did not looked good at first plate apprene but on 2nd at bat- he made an adjsutment and sent deep drive to the warning track,That where the League will caught up with Dice-K on the 2nd go around for each club like there dis with Nomo and with on going adjustment with Saito with the Dodgers and plus it 38 degree at the K this afternoon and alot Japanesse media all around the K.I heard alot boo for Dice-K for sone his antics on the mound between pitches. I an afraid this type of reaction will be plenty where ever he goes with the Japanesse media- thy seam alot resentment from the American crowd towrds Dice-k.

I have no idea what you just said in part because the lack of periods, but Dice K is more than above average. He may get a lot of play because he's in Boston and because of the money they paid to get him, (barring injury) he will be money well spent. People caught up with Nomo because of his delivery. Dice K has much more effective pitches. He'll be more effective that Nomo.

M2
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Greinke could be Comeback Player of the Year.

He has the talent. Hopefully he has his head going in the right direction.

From what I saw today, he's in for a world of hurt this year. Add another 20 degrees fahrenheit and all the PE in those balls stroked to the OF will turn into KE.

blumj
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Matsuzaka struck out 10 and gave up 6 hits through 7 IP. Greinke struck out 7 and gave up 8 hits through 7 IP.

Both pitchers pitched a great game, but Matsuzaka was clearly the better of the 2.
Look at the relative strengths of the 2 lineups, though. And I posted that before the 7th, so yeah, I'll take it back, but Greinke came close enough to impress the hell out of me, especially after everything he's been through.

dougdirt
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
From what I saw today, he's in for a world of hurt this year. Add another 20 degrees fahrenheit and all the PE in those balls stroked to the OF will turn into KE.

He wont be facing a line up like the Red Sox every game either though.

M2
04-05-2007, 05:55 PM
He wont be facing a line up like the Red Sox every game either though.

Won't matter. His fastball drives in the slow lane. Everyone can hit that thing.

blumj
04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
BTW, I love JD Drew. He's totally hooked me already. The injury history scares me, but it's so easy to see why they went out on that limb for him. He plays RF the way Gonzo plays SS or Mike Lowell plays 3rd, it just looks so easy.

M2
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
BTW, I love JD Drew. He's totally hooked me already. The injury history scares me, but it's so easy to see why they went out on that limb for him. He plays RF the way Gonzo plays SS or Mike Lowell plays 3rd, it just looks so easy.

Drew is looking good. I'm really liking Pedroia.

dougdirt
04-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Won't matter. His fastball drives in the slow lane. Everyone can hit that thing.

If it stays in the 87-89 MPH range, then I will tend to lean your direction, but he has thrown harder than that this year in spring. I am not sure if its the weather or something else, but I dont expect him to throw that soft all year.

M2
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
If it stays in the 87-89 MPH range, then I will tend to lean your direction, but he has thrown harder than that this year in spring. I am not sure if its the weather or something else, but I dont expect him to throw that soft all year.

He's always been a soft tosser. He can subtract off it well enough, but the lack of top end velocity has been and will be a continuing problem for him. Behind Edwin Jackson and Gavin Floyd he's my pick for most overrated pitching prospect of the 21st century.

dougdirt
04-05-2007, 06:22 PM
He can hit 93.... not exactly a soft tosser in my book.

blumj
04-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Papelbon and Matsuzaka both throw harder than low 90s, usually, Beckett was on the low side last night, too. I think if these games were on Fox, all 3 of them would have been mid to high 90s, so that would bump Greinke up into the low 90s. The NESN gun tends toward the slow side, generally.

And, yeah, Pedroia had me at "hello", too.

M2
04-05-2007, 06:31 PM
He can hit 93.... not exactly a soft tosser in my book.

Maybe he can hit it with a running start. Force him to stand on a mound and pitch and he works in the high 80s. He doesn't work anywhere close to 93. I was paying attention to his radar readings today and I saw him reach 91 once (on a ball out of the strikezone).

11larkin11
04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
He struck out 10. Last person to do that in their first start?

Aaron Harang

dougdirt
04-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Maybe he can hit it with a running start. Force him to stand on a mound and pitch and he works in the high 80s. He doesn't work anywhere close to 93. I was paying attention to his radar readings today and I saw him reach 91 once (on a ball out of the strikezone).
Since I have a decent interest in Greinke I followed his game last night on the gameday online. KC had the radar gun going and here are the Readings on all the fastballs he threw last night (with the exception of maybe 1 pitch that he threw 89MPH but broke 8 inches when the rest of his harder pitches were breaking 3 and 4 inches).

Greinke Fastball Speeds last night

Ran the numbers and his average fastball all night was 91.51 MPH. His lowest FB was 87 MPH and he hit 94 6 times. If he can continue in this range, I really think he is going to have an outstanding year.

dougdirt
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Also wanted to add that Dice-K gets outdueled tonight by Felix Hernandez who is going to OWN the Red Sox hitters.

jojo
04-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Also wanted to add that Dice-K gets outdueled tonight by Felix Hernandez who is going to OWN the Red Sox hitters.

All hail the KING....

dougdirt
04-11-2007, 03:09 PM
All hail the KING....

He is so good at such a young age it makes my head hurt. Its like someone is making up for me being born to late to see Gooden pitch in his early years (Gooden is a favorite of mine despite he was well past his prime by the time I was able to fully understand the game).

Jpup
04-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I can't wait to see that pitching matchup tonight. The hyperbole will be great too. ;) I do have the DVR set so I can watch after work and watching the Reds replay. :thumbup:

dougdirt
04-12-2007, 01:18 AM

*pats self on back*