PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch House?

joshnky
04-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I've really started to like this show over the past few years and it seems to really stand out in the current TV landscape. In my opinion Hugh Laurie does a phenomonal job as House in portraying a complex character that you both love and hate at the same time. As I've become increasingly frustrated with Lost this show has become my favorite show. Its nice to have a show that doesn't necessarily carry the same storyline from week to week. I know the medicine is a little sensational but I love the sly humor and interestingly plot lines of this show. Any thoughts?

BRM
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
My wife absolutely loves the show. I generally watch it with her and find the show entertaining.

Red Leader
04-06-2007, 11:42 AM
*paging Roy Tucker*

Roy Tucker
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Yep, big fan of the show and have watched it from the start. Great writing and Hugh Laurie is brilliant.

I think sweetstop is a big fan too.

Blimpie
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I have only seen one episode recently...It was the one where Dave Matthews guest-starred playing an "savant-like" piano player.

That episode--and especially Matthews--was excellent.

Razor Shines
04-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I have only seen one episode recently...It was the one where Dave Matthews guest-starred playing an "savant-like" piano player.

That's the only one I've see also. And I agree.

acredsfan
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
House? Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a fan of that particular show.. I've been watching it since the beginning. I've yet to grow tired of it. The acting is phenominal along with the writing. Dave Matthews was amazing. It takes a lot of talent to take a music star of that caliber and make the viewer buy the fact that they aren't watching Dave Matthews. I was sucked in.

Roy Tucker
04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Not sure I like the Cameron/Chase relationship this year. I can't see it ending well.

Especially since Chase now seems a smitten lad with his puppy dog picture.

TC81190
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM

That should win an Emmy. It really should.

joshnky
04-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Not sure I like the Cameron/Chase relationship this year. I can't see it ending well.

Especially since Chase now seems a smitten lad with his puppy dog picture.

I agree. Why is it that writers think there must be a love element? The only negatives about this show are the romantic elements. First, House and the lawyer chick and now this. Oh yeah, and I really didn't like the Tritter episodes.

RBA
04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I have started watching this series recently. It's a lot better than most of the other crap on these days.

Chip R
04-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree. Why is it that writers think there must be a love element? The only negatives about this show are the romantic elements. First, House and the lawyer chick and now this. Oh yeah, and I really didn't like the Tritter episodes.

I like the show and watch it when I can. But I agree about the romantic sub-plots. I'm not sure about the Tritter episodes. David Morse was great but it seemed to overshadow the show. As much as I like the House character, it wasn't a totally bad idea to see him get knocked down a peg or two.

Roy Tucker
04-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I liked the Tritter episodes but didn't like how they ended up. I sorta liked House getting a comeuppance.

But it was like the writers realized they had painted themselves into a corner and didn't know how to resolve it. So they just had House pretend to be all rehabilitated when he really wasn't.

TeamBoone
04-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I've watched this show from the beginning as well. I love it because it's different.

I disagree with whomever said there's just a bunch of crap on nowadays... either that or I like all the "crap" as their are several shows that I follow on a regular basis, usually by taping them.

Dom Heffner
04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I promise I'm not a scrooge, but these shows just bore me. I am absolutely desensitized to hospital shows, crime shows...

Watch TNT for 4 hours and you get over it all really quick.

Anyhoo- shows like House and Law and Order (the one with Vince Denofrio) seem so manipulated that I can't get into them. The writers basically take one genius and surround him with a bunch of dummies who make him look even smarter.

Need a confession? Old Vincent D to the rescue, as he saves the taxpayers of New York millions of dollars a year by extracting a simple confession through some mental trick that would make a Jedi proud.

Or if you're House, you work with a bunch of doctors who constantly misdiagnose things only you can solve. My question is this: why not have House be the only doctor and then hire a bunch of nurses to carry out his orders since he seems to be the only one that knows anything.

TeamBoone
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Or if you're House, you work with a bunch of doctors who constantly misdiagnose things only you can solve. My question is this: why not have House be the only doctor and then hire a bunch of nurses to carry out his orders since he seems to be the only one that knows anything.

Actually, that's not the premise at all.

The three young, gifted doctors who work for House were hand-picked in an effort to LEARN his diagnostic technique. They are constantly conferring in front of that white board, trying to work things out from all the possibilities/negativities that exist regarding that week's affliction of choice. He questions them regarding their reasoning, tests their powers of deduction, and sometimes gives them a nudge (or an outright shove) in the right direction.

Most of the time he doesn't know what's wrong either... they work it out by disecting EVERYTHING they know about the patient, his/her family, and living environment... often using a trial and error approach depending upon their deductive reasoning.

Chip R
04-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I promise I'm not a scrooge, but these shows just bore me. I am absolutely desensitized to hospital shows, crime shows...

Watch TNT for 4 hours and you get over it all really quick.

Anyhoo- shows like House and Law and Order (the one with Vince Denofrio) seem so manipulated that I can't get into them. The writers basically take one genius and surround him with a bunch of dummies who make him look even smarter.

It's not exactly a new concept. Going back to Marcus Welby they had a show where a patient had a mysterious illness and it took the head doctor to figure it out. Jack Klugman was pretty much clueless on Quincy until about 10 minutes remained in the show and he'd tell Sam he figured it out and burst out of the lab.

Dom Heffner
04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
The three young, gifted doctors who work for House were hand-picked in an effort to LEARN his diagnostic technique. They are constantly conferring in front of that white board, trying to work things out from all the possibilities/negativities that exist regarding that week's affliction of choice. He questions them regarding their reasoning, tests their powers of deduction, and sometimes gives them a nudge (or an outright shove) in the right direction.

I've watched the show several times- the bottom line is he's smarter than everybody else. For me, it gets old.

Most of the time he doesn't know what's wrong either... they work it out by disecting EVERYTHING they know about the patient, his/her family, and living environment... often using a trial and error approach depending upon their deductive reasoning.

On the ones I've seen, he pretty much knows and everybody else is clueless.

I'm being half serious here, of course, but you've seen one episode, you've seen them all.

I can't take the drama anymore. All those beeping machines, people crying, Dave Matthews (WTF?), little kids being sick...seriously, I have enough to worry about in my everyday life to watch these shows that end up on USA or TNT.

I'm getting old!!!! :)

Dom Heffner
04-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Jack Klugman was pretty much clueless on Quincy until about 10 minutes remained in the show and he'd tell Sam he figured it out and burst out of the lab.

One of my best friends says the same thing about Quincy. Hilarious.

sonny
04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
On the ones I've seen, he pretty much knows and everybody else is clueless.

Alot of the times, House is clueless. He struggles with the patients' problems then has an epiphany while talking to one of his colleagues who mentions something about his food getting stolen out of his fridge....

...It's a tapeworm! thats why the B-12 isnt getting into her bloodstream!

all in all, it's an entertaining show. Better than watching reality shows. IMO