PDA

View Full Version : I know it's still a couple of weeks away...

Grounds_Crew
04-06-2007, 10:34 PM
...but when the Reds play the Pirates ( in Pittsburgh ) at the end of April, are any of you guys planning on making the trip for any of the games?

I *MIGHT* have some friends making the trip to see the series, but if they don't make it, I might be able to extend an offer for some tickets to a few of you guys. I'm taking that weekend off in order to attend the games as a fan. So, I'll have some extra tickets to give away (maybe). I figured I'd make this post a couple of weeks ahead of time. Just curious....

LawFive
04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I've been thinking about it. Depends on the budget and, more importantly, if I feel like driving up after work on Friday. What is it, a 4-5 hr drive from Cincy? Friends tell me PNC is definitely a place to see, so I'm hoping I feel like it!

Caseyfan21
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
It's a great park, would definately recommend it. My favorite park I've been to other than Comerica in Detroit.

Grounds_Crew
04-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree...I like Comerica better, but not by much. The view in Pittsburgh adds a lot to the perspective. PNC Park is in a wonderful location and the surroundings are nearly unmatched at any other park.

Newport Red
04-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I I have been thinking about going up for quite awhile. Saturday night and Sunday day game.

Are there any hotels near the park? Looks like walking across Clemente bridge is popular.

Grounds_Crew
04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I I have been thinking about going up for quite awhile. Saturday night and Sunday day game.

Are there any hotels near the park? Looks like walking across Clemente bridge is popular.

Well, let me try to be detailed about it. PNC park is on the North Shore. So, if you cross the Clemente bridge, it leads you to the heart of downtown. All of the hotels over there are expensive. If you stay on the North Shore, there is a hotel exactly two blocks from the stadium, and it's not as expensive as the one's that I mentioned in downtown. The view from the Clemente bridge into the stadium is awesome. You have to see it for yourself to believe it though.

LawFive
04-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey GroundsCrew, do you know the name of the less-expensive hotel? I might look into reservations. With AAA or Priceline, I'm hoping to score a good deal. Thanks!

LawFive
04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm still debating whether to go, but I'm leaning towards it. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? Any must-see's in Pittsburgh other than PNC?

Redsland
04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Dinner at the Monterey Bay Fish Grotto overlooking the Golden Triangle. Incedible food, spectacular view. Just take the incline up to Mt. Washington. Reservations are recommended.