PDA

View Full Version : The Sopranos and Entourage Return Tonight

Pages : [1] 2

kbrake
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I have been waiting for such a long time for The Sopranos to finally return. Just cant believe 9 more episodes and thats it. Also really looking forward to Entourage coming back. How many other Redszoners are anxiously awaiting tonight?

Cooper
04-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I watch Entourage and i have seen almost all the episodes, but i don't understand folks/critics who call it the best show on tv. My hipness factor is not what it used to be and maybe that's what is missing-but to me it just isn't that funny. The characters are one joke characters and the last episode i saw -well, you could see the joke coming 10 minutes before it hit. After viewing I decided that was enough. Either i'm too old or it just isn't that good.

dougdirt
04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
I am pretty excited about Entourage. I have to DVR it tonight, but should be able to see it tomorrow.

RFS62
04-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Love them both.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I could never really get into The Sopranos for some reason. And I usually love everything that HBO puts out. It's just boring to me.

Entourage is okay, I'm mainly interested in seeing where the story goes this season more than anything else. The show definitely has its great moments.

Redsfaithful
04-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Love them both, can't wait.

jmcclain19
04-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Sopranos is like that hot ex girlfriend.

She always leaves you when you want her the most. Then you get upset about the absence and vow not to get all hot and bothered about her again. Then she comes around, shows you a little leg and bats those eyes, and you're sucked right back in. Then when you are all into her again, she "needs time".

Ugh - Welcome back home baby.

kbrake
04-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Sopranos is like that hot ex girlfriend.

She always leaves you when you want her the most. Then you get upset about the absence and vow not to get all hot and bothered about her again. Then she comes around, shows you a little leg and bats those eyes, and you're sucked right back in. Then when you are all into her again, she "needs time".

Ugh - Welcome back home baby.

Well said. I was late getting into the Sopranos, not until like season 4 but I have caught up and I cant believe how much I am looking forward to tonight. I dont even know what to do to kill the 2 hours til it starts.

Predictions from anyone?

Puffy
04-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Cannot wait - The Sopranos is my favorite show and Entourage ain't too shabby either.

I just wish Deadwood still followed The Sopranos. That was a night of great TV.

RFS62
04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Cannot wait - The Sopranos is my favorite show and Entourage ain't too shabby either.

I just wish Deadwood still followed The Sopranos. That was a night of great TV.

No kidding. At least we had Rome to hold us over.

Anyone know if Deadwood is going to do the 2 episodes they talked about to wrap it up?

Degenerate39
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
The Sopranos comes on in a hour. Can't wait for the new season.

kbrake
04-08-2007, 11:03 PM
What did everyone think? I dont think there is anyway that Bobby makes it much longer. I think this episode was alot like the first half of season 6 in that it is building up to what will be an amazing blood bath to wrap things up.

George Anderson
04-08-2007, 11:54 PM
What did everyone think? I dont think there is anyway that Bobby makes it much longer. I think this episode was alot like the first half of season 6 in that it is building up to what will be an amazing blood bath to wrap things up.

Listening to Carmella sing the Karaoke song might have damaged me for life.:eek:

HumnHilghtFreel
04-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I thought the episode of Entourage was entertaining.

I've always said and still think that it's a show that would work better in an hour long format. 30 minutes is fine for a sit-com, but for this show, which is more of a dramedy, you need more time to develop the plots.

Degenerate39
04-09-2007, 12:03 AM
The Sopranos was pretty good tonight. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

round tripper
04-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Yes it should be interesting, Bobby will get axed you watch I predict in the next few episodes.

Degenerate39
04-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes it should be interesting, Bobby will get axed you watch I predict in the next few episodes.

My friend and I were talking on MSN Messenger while the show was on. Both of us thought Tony was going to kill Bobby some time during the episode. Quite frankly I hoped he was going to kill Janice.

BuckWoody
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
I thought The Sopranos was very good last night. I usually do not like the episodes that prominently feature Janice because she drives me nuts. Ever since the episode with her and Ralphie in bed...it just conjures up bad images. That, and the fact that she's a self-obsessed nut job doesn't help any either. Aida Turturro is a pretty good actress.

Anyone else see Bobby Baccalieri as the Soprano's version of Fredo Corleone?

westofyou
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I usually do not like the episodes that prominently feature Janice because she drives me nuts.

Me too... I have a sister that could slide in to Janice's role and no one would know the difference.

Except me and Tony Soprano.

westofyou
04-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Nah, he won't get axed.. making him kill that guy did two things:

1. It ruined Bobby's streak of not having killed a guy, destroying his piece of mind.

2. He'll get nailed by the Canadian Police for that kids murder, the kid grabbed his shirt and ripped it off... chest hairs and the DNA comment Bobby made on the boat to Tony foreshadow an event of that ilk.

deltachi8
04-09-2007, 11:47 AM
2. He'll get nailed by the Canadian Police for that kids murder, the kid grabbed his shirt and ripped it off... chest hairs and the DNA comment Bobby made on the boat to Tony foreshadow an event of that ilk.

I thought the same thing. Might be a set up for Janice and Bobby to take down Tony...maybe through Bobby flipping after he gets pinched.

Red Leader
04-09-2007, 11:59 AM
When Bobby killed that kid I thought to myself "how would he expect NOT to get caught for that?"

The killed ripped off part of his shirt, so they'll be able to detect DNA from that, and then they have the weapon about 10 ft away to confirm it. No way does Bobby not get ID'd on that. I could see a nice rift between Janice and Tony brewing as a result. Janice claiming that Tony purposely setup Bobby to fail because he didn't want her to be happy.

Janice drives me nuts as well.

TheBurn
04-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Could've sworn there was a security cam recording at the far end of the laundromat...

I also think Bobby's getting nailed.

HBP
04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
When Bobby killed that kid I thought to myself "how would he expect NOT to get caught for that?"

The killed ripped off part of his shirt, so they'll be able to detect DNA from that, and then they have the weapon about 10 ft away to confirm it. No way does Bobby not get ID'd on that. I could see a nice rift between Janice and Tony brewing as a result. Janice claiming that Tony purposely setup Bobby to fail because he didn't want her to be happy.

Janice drives me nuts as well.

I'll be surprised if that isn't exactly what happens, except more extreme. Janice will go after Tony in rage and that will lead to ...

BTW, Janice has mother of the year locked up.

Johnny Footstool
04-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I thought Tony's turn from "You beat me fair and square" to "If it hadn't have been for my health problems/me being 4 years older/me tripping on that throw rug..." was hilarious.

I also laughed at the "you've changed so much" comment Janice made to Tony. The fight and his reaction to it proved that he hasn't changed much at all.

Red Leader
04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I also got a good chuckle when Tony answered the phone and hung up on Christopher.

Puffy
04-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, it was in Canada - so I'm not sure they have access to US databases so Bobby wouldn't get caught that way. Plus if Bobby has never been arrested he wouldn't be in any database anyway. And since this guy was a drummer this is not going to be mob tied, so my guess is it never gets back to Bobby.

TeamDunn
04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
The story about the baby drowning that Tony can't get out of his head...then that flash to the house and AJ having friends over for a party. I thought for sure his girlfriends son was going to get hurt in the pool.

I hate to see it end but I can't wait to get to the final episode. :p:

I love Entourage. Jeremy Piven is so funny...just the looks he has in his interactions with Lloyd. Priceless. :)

Red Leader
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
The story about the baby drowning that Tony can't get out of his head...then that flash to the house and AJ having friends over for a party. I thought for sure his girlfriends son was going to get hurt in the pool.

That still might happen. A.J.'s guests were just arriving when this weeks episode ended. That might be a crazy beginning to next week's show.

Gainesville Red
04-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I kept thinking when he was sitting on the dock staring into the lake that those ducks from an earlier season were going to return and he was going to have one of his panic attacks and pass out into the water.

TeamDunn
04-09-2007, 03:23 PM
I kept thinking when he was sitting on the dock staring into the lake that those ducks from an earlier season were going to return and he was going to have one of his panic attacks and pass out into the water.

I thought about the ducks too! LOL

TeamDunn
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
All the talk about Canada....Could some of them make a mass exodus to Canada? They were talking about Bobby's family (I think) and when they came to the US.

I'll have to watch it again tonight to pick up what I missed the first time around.

The fight with Tony and Bobby had me sitting there with my jaw dropped. I could not believe Bobby stood up to Tony over what he said about Janice. He should have stood up for himself long ago...but that hussy deserves anything Tony says about her.

And AGAIN with the tape recording him and Barb when they were fighting. He brought that up again. That REALLY turned him against Janice. Maybe she will record him again now that he had Bobby do his first kill. It just does not look good for Bobby.

But then again this show has all kinds of twists and turns. I'm still hacked off at Christopher over Ade. I hope he gets whacked soon. :p:

Red Leader
04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, it was in Canada - so I'm not sure they have access to US databases so Bobby wouldn't get caught that way. Plus if Bobby has never been arrested he wouldn't be in any database anyway. And since this guy was a drummer this is not going to be mob tied, so my guess is it never gets back to Bobby.

So you're telling me that I can drive up to Canada, shoot someone twice, once point blank in the head, leave DNA evidence and the murder weapon 15 ft away and get away with it because it took place in Canada and I have no prior record? Ok.

Oh, by the way, do you want to go up to my in-laws cottage and go fishing this summer with us, Puffy? It's about an hour and a half east of Toronto.

:evil:

TeamDunn
04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Did he even have gloves on? I couldn't believe he just dropped the gun! :eek:

Puffy
04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
So you're telling me that I can drive up to Canada, shoot someone twice, once point blank in the head, leave DNA evidence and the murder weapon 15 ft away and get away with it because it took place in Canada and I have no prior record? Ok.

Oh, by the way, do you want to go up to my in-laws cottage and go fishing this summer with us, Puffy? It's about an hour and a half east of Toronto.

:evil:

I don't know if you know this, but my father is a mountie. So I sent him your picture and next time you go up there he will be looking for you.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1070272/Image1.jpg

Degenerate39
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I hope Christopher is more involved in the next episode. Also you all think they'll ever show anything else about "Cleaver", the movie Christopher was trying to get Ben Kingsley to play in, in the last 8 episodes?

Reds Fanatic
04-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I hope Christopher is more involved in the next episode. Also you all think they'll ever show anything else about "Cleaver", the movie Christopher was trying to get Ben Kingsley to play in, in the last 8 episodes? I read that part of next week's episode is about Tony's reaction to seeing a character somewhat based on him in the movie "Cleaver"

Puffy
04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I read that part of next week's episode is about Tony's reaction to seeing a character somewhat based on him in the movie "Cleaver"

What he said - it and the Christopher and Julianna Margolis thing from last season are the reasons for the tension Tony brought up to Bobby on the boat.

WMR
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
So what will be Tony's epilogue? Any predictions?

WMR
04-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby get pinched for that kids murder, have the Canucks turn the evidence/work in conjunction with the Feds, and have Bobby and Janice turn state's evidence against Tony. Especially since Tony is losing faith in Christopher and, I think, will still proceed in confiding in Bobby despite their fight.

It will turn out that Christopher's 'Cleaver' movie where the Boss who is basically Tony gets whacked combined with the Real Estate Agent Affair which makes Tony lose confidence in Christopher was just a bunch of BS. In other words, nothing significant and Christopher remains steadfastly loyal to Tony. Tony SHOULD stay with Christopher, but he'll turn to Bobby, and that'll be his undoing.

The 'secret recording' theme with Janice is a big part of what makes me draw the aforementioned conclusions. I think the obviously clear memory of that betrayal will tip Tony off to some sort of otherwise inconspicuous behavior of Janice's and make him suspicious of her and Bobby and eventually discover that she IS, in fact, recording him yet again as State's Witness.

I predict he'll then whack Janice and Bobby and he and Carmella will adopt their little girl--are they the Godparents already? I think so.--and Tony will abdicate the throne to Christopher and move back to the now inherited cabin up in Canada.

Or maybe something totally different! :laugh:

Chip R
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I predict he'll then whack Janice and Bobby and he and Carmella will adopt their little girl--are they the Godparents already? I think so.--and Tony will abdicate the throne to Christopher and move back to the now inherited cabin up in Canada.

Or maybe something totally different! :laugh:

I can't see Tony making Christopher his heir.

jmcclain19
04-15-2007, 06:27 AM
This little tidbit was in the Las Vegas paper this week

http://www.lvrj.com/news/7007407.html

Is the biggest mystery of "The Sopranos" final season playing out in Las Vegas this week?

James Gandolfini is in town, reportedly filming the final episode.

The guessing game is on: With Gandolfini here, does that mean Tony Soprano gets whacked in the June 10 finale, fittingly, in the city famous for its mob past?

Or will he survive, so "The Sopranos -- The Movie" remains a viable option? This much is known: Gandolfini was on the set Wednesday at Caesars Palace wearing makeup that suggested Tony Soprano had taken a brutal beating.

Telling, perhaps, is that no other cast members are involved in the shoot, which was to include a sunset scene with Tony at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.

Gandolfini has been shooting several scenes with Sarah Shahi, a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.

Wherever the final episode takes place, it's a given that the producers will shoot numerous versions to keep the suspense going.

Redsfaithful
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Bill Simmons had an interesting take in last column, that Janice may kill Tony Soprano in the finale. Apparently David Chase has always said that he has known how it would end from the beginning, and the theory is that the plan originally would have been for Tony's mother to kill him.

Of course she died, so that would have went out the window. Janice would be the closest option now, and with last week's episode it's not that hard to envision a scenario where Janice could be pretty hacked off at Tony.

Degenerate39
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Bill Simmons had an interesting take in last column, that Janice may kill Tony Soprano in the finale. Apparently David Chase has always said that he has known how it would end from the beginning, and the theory is that the plan originally would have been for Tony's mother to kill him.

Of course she died, so that would have went out the window. Janice would be the closest option now, and with last week's episode it's not that hard to envision a scenario where Janice could be pretty hacked off at Tony.

I would hate that ending to the finale

kbrake
04-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I would hate it as well. Janice annoys me more than anyone ever on TV. Really hope Tony takes care of her at some point.

westofyou
04-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Telling, perhaps, is that no other cast members are involved in the shoot, which was to include a sunset scene with Tony at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.

Awesome place

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2000/Oct-01-Sun-2000/photos/riders.jpg

kbrake
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow....I thought tonight was a great episode. Starting to think that Christopher will kill Tony in the end, but also thinking that perhaps they are making that look to obvious and it will be something more of a suprise. I really cant get enough of this show.

Puffy
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I think The Sopranos and the Lupertasi family are going to go to war (started by Phil Letardo) and I think the Sopranos ends with Tony being the boss of the NY family.

westofyou
04-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm betting Tony walks into the sunset out west.

FutureRedsGM
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
No Entourage discussion? In my opinion, that is the best half hour of entertainment on television.

Back to your regularly scheduled Sopranos talk: I see no way that this show can end without Tony being killed. If Vegas was taking money, I'd put mine on AJ.

Puffy
04-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Want to talk about Entourage - E's girlfriend Sloan: Hot!!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/825505/Chriqui.jpg

FutureRedsGM
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Want to talk about Entourage - E's girlfriend Sloan: Hot!!!

And what about E's girlfriend's GIRLFRIEND?!??!!? I can't remember her name, but man was she smokin'!!!!

Puffy
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/825505/m_akerman.jpg

Johnny Footstool
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm betting Tony walks into the sunset out west.

Indeed. He seemed to take Little Carmine's (surprisingly coherent) soliloquy to heart.

deltachi8
04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Just my thought...Christopher gets whacked by the Lupertasi family as payback for Phill's brother (now that Johnny Sac is dead, Phil's promise is no more). Maybe it causes Tony to walk away, as WOY said, out west.

WMR
04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Man I would hate to see Chris get whacked. It IS the logical choice for Phil though.

Did Tonys session with Melfi mean that he didn't buy J.T.'s story about how he came up with the Boss character for Cleaver?

TeamDunn
04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Man I would hate to see Chris get whacked. It IS the logical choice for Phil though.

Did Tonys session with Melfi mean that he didn't buy J.T.'s story about how he came up with the Boss character for Cleaver?

Tony knew when he asked JT what happened to his eye. He knows how Christopher operates.

TeamDunn
04-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Entourage...I LOVE the exchanges between Ari and Lloyd. They are my two favorites...especially this season. I was proud of Ari for rescuing Lloyd. :D

kbrake
04-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Tony knew when he asked JT what happened to his eye. He knows how Christopher operates.

Thats also the way I took it.

WMR
04-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah that's what I thought too, just wanted to confirm. I think Tony's way off on this one, however. I think Chris really does love him just as much as ever and is his most loyal "soldier."

WMR
04-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Entourage...I LOVE the exchanges between Ari and Lloyd. They are my two favorites...especially this season. I was proud of Ari for rescuing Lloyd. :D

Yeah I was surprised when Ari actually showed he has a heart and a conscience.

That good karma will help him out with you know who.

BoydsOfSummer
04-16-2007, 11:28 PM
With that crush Ari has on Vince, he's a little gayer than Lloyd at this point.

Puffy
04-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Well, he didn't know - he suspected. He knew when he watched the movie JT told him he copied. That was the point of him sitting watching it in the next scene.

zombielady
04-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I've tried and tried, but I just can't get into the Sopranos...Deadwood, either... I love Entourage... and the Wire... I even like Big Love (New season about to start there too:clap: ) But the other two... not really diggin' it.

Chip R
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, he didn't know - he suspected. He knew when he watched the movie JT told him he copied. That was the point of him sitting watching it in the next scene.

Looked like he was about ready to cry when he was talking to Melfi.

FutureRedsGM
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Looked like he was about ready to cry when he was talking to Melfi.

SEMI SPOILER!!!!! Highlight to read.

Tvguide.com is reporting a RUMOR that a final scene has been added to the season finale with Tony talking to Melfi. Does this mean that Tony won't get whacked? Will it be a flashback?

Johnny Footstool
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Tony getting whacked would be a Hollywood ending. I suspect David Chase will avoid that.

WMR
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I really think Janice and Bobby are going to betray him and he'll whack them out. That childhood recording Janice made of him is just so juicy...

RFS62
04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
I really think Janice and Bobby are going to betray him and he'll whack them out. That childhood recording Janice made of him is just so juicy...

That would be very Godfather of them. The mild mannered mobster becomes ruthless and takes over at the end.

zombielady
04-18-2007, 07:06 PM
With that crush Ari has on Vince, he's a little gayer than Lloyd at this point.

no it's a very touching man love... My fave is turtle, he's like a little kid!

FutureRedsGM
04-19-2007, 10:00 AM
no it's a very touching man love... My fave is turtle, he's like a little kid!

My favorite is Turtle too!!! My friends ask why and I can't put my finger on it, but I can just relate to him.

I was "proud" of Ari in the last episode. Hopefully the loss of Vince as a client wont mean less screen time for Jeremy Piven. He MAKES this show.

zombielady
04-19-2007, 01:00 PM
My favorite is Turtle too!!! My friends ask why and I can't put my finger on it, but I can just relate to him.

I was "proud" of Ari in the last episode. Hopefully the loss of Vince as a client wont mean less screen time for Jeremy Piven. He MAKES this show.

I relate to Turtle, too! I also like Drama, but I have a thing for the underdog...

Vince'll be back... he loves Ari, he just has to get over the loss of the Ramone's movie. And he will!

I was proud of Lloyd, too!

I think the show works because of the entire ensemble... I mean if you lost any one of them... it just wouldn't be the same... though I do love "The Piv":D

kbrake
04-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Thought The Sopranos was pretty slow tonight. Nice scene with Paulie and Tony on the boat and everyone thinking about Big *****. Also was nice to see more of Junior and the NY guys get gunned down. Even with the two guys getting taken down at the end still seemed like a pretty slow episode. Only 6 left.

Razor Shines
04-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Thought The Sopranos was pretty slow tonight. Nice scene with Paulie and Tony on the boat and everyone thinking about Big *****. Also was nice to see more of Junior and the NY guys get gunned down. Even with the two guys getting taken down at the end still seemed like a pretty slow episode. Only 6 left.

I wish he would have gone ahead and whacked Paulie. I just don't like The Sopranos as much as I used to. I especially didn't like last season. I absolutely loved the first four seasons though.

WMR
04-23-2007, 01:21 AM
This whole episode was really depressing and foreboding to me.

WMR
04-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Does Tony have a gambling problem? Is he having money troubles?

He placed several bets in the last episode... getting a loan from what's his name... next week's preview seemed to foreshadow something more along these lines.

Johnny Footstool
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM

He placed several bets in the last episode... getting a loan from what's his name... next week's preview seemed to foreshadow something more along these lines.

Looks like it. The previews had Carmella shouting something about her spec home -- maybe he sells it to pay off a debt.

Johnny Footstool
04-23-2007, 11:57 AM
I wish he would have gone ahead and whacked Paulie.

I was laughing out loud when Tony walked over to get Paulie a beer and he started looking at the hatchet, the fish bat, and the machete like he was trying to choose his weapon.

George Anderson
04-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I was laughing out loud when Tony walked over to get Paulie a beer and he started looking at the hatchet, the fish bat, and the machete like he was trying to choose his weapon.

What exactly is Tony considering whacking Paulie over?

Benihana
04-23-2007, 12:19 PM

loose lips sink ships

Puffy
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM

He doesn't think Paulie can be trusted if he gets busted. Think Big P and rats.

RFS62
04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I thought it was all over for Paulie last night.

Chip R
04-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I thought it was all over for Paulie last night.

Naah, it was too obvious. Paulie needs to live just so the "wings" can make an appearance every week. :)

Puffy
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Naah, it was too obvious. Paulie needs to live just so the "wings" can make an appearance every week. :)

What does Tim Daly have to do with Paulie??

:mooner:

Chip R
04-23-2007, 04:36 PM
What does Tim Daly have to do with Paulie??

:mooner:

He was talking to him the week before. ;)

BoydsOfSummer
04-24-2007, 04:15 AM
I thought Tony was gonna get it instead of Paulie. Paulie was fearing for himself and I thought for sure he was going to get Tony before Tony could get him.

They have set it up so it could happen in many different ways. And alot of looking back/soul searching type stuff for Tony.

TeamDunn
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Remember the flashback of him when he was a kid and his dad chopped off the meat mans finger?? He told Tony to never gamble! Just thought of that episode. I can't remember what season it was. I hope his downfall is not gambling.

I thought that kid was going to kill Junior. :eek:

Entourage - The old Ari is back. Loved Lloyd! :beerme:

TeamDunn
04-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Just thought of something...when Tony was in his coma and was "Finnerty" he was being mistaken for someone that owed the Monks money.

Coincidence?

WMR
04-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Remember the flashback of him when he was a kid and his dad chopped off the meat mans finger?? He told Tony to never gamble! Just thought of that episode. I can't remember what season it was. I hope his downfall is not gambling.

I thought that kid was going to kill Junior. :eek:

Entourage - The old Ari is back. Loved Lloyd! :beerme:

Funny, JUST saw that episode on A&E and thought the same thing.

jmcclain19
04-26-2007, 03:27 AM
The gambling thread is kind of odd - considering they haven't mentioned it at all for pretty much the entire show - now suddenly it's a huge issue and they are playing up (at least from the teaser for next week) as a huge issue.

Just odd to bring it up before the series finale.

kbrake
04-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Anyone think Dr. Melfi's rape will ever get brought back up? I just saw the episode on AE and it got me thinking. I have always wanted her to tell Tony about it and Tony to take that guy out.

kbrake
04-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Crap! My 1000th post was going to be on a Dunn homerun...now I just used it on The Sopranos thread....cant believe I did that. Going to be a long way to 5,000 my next milestone. I am an idiot.

TeamDunn
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Crap! My 1000th post was going to be on a Dunn homerun...now I just used it on The Sopranos thread....cant believe I did that. Going to be a long way to 5,000 my next milestone. I am an idiot.

Hmmmmm a misstep like that...A Soprano family member may whack you before you get to 5000! ;) :p:

TeamDunn
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
And now, The Sopranos.

Been waiting all week for this! :beerme: :p:

Degenerate39
04-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I didn't care for this episode of The Sopranos. Though Tony reminded me of Pete Rose in this episode.

TeamDunn
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I was disappointed as well. Tony has done a 180 as far as personality. They drag out everything so for this gambling addiction to be so deep in such a short amount of time is just weird.

I never expected Hesch's girlfriend to die...that ending made no sense to me. :confused:

Next week looks interesting. AJ seems like he finally straightened up a bit and then gets the boot.

I assume the Vito Jr. story is serving a purpose??? If for nothing else to make Tony hate Phil that much more???

On the bright side...no Janice! :beerme:

deltachi8
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Anyone else see Tony starting to add up all the minuses of being a boss and his lifestyle? Taking care of people he has no wish to, seeing where Johnny Sac died and Unle Jr resides, having to pay off his debt to Hesch (because how will it look if a boss doesn't pay up), etc...

zombielady
04-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I didn't care for this episode of The Sopranos. Though Tony reminded me of Pete Rose in this episode.

But Entourage was good! :thumbup:

Degenerate39
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I assume the Vito Jr. story is serving a purpose??? If for nothing else to make Tony hate Phil that much more???

Why did he poop in the shower? I don't understand that but I have to say it was pretty funny.

TeamDunn
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't know. Maybe he thought it would make the other boys think he was cool??? Or maybe it was to scare them so much they would leave him alone.

Pretty wild! :eek:

Red Leader
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Why did he poop in the shower? I don't understand that but I have to say it was pretty funny.

Basically for shock factor. Vito Jr.'s whole thing right now is to try and "scare" people away from him by making them think he's a total freak. The kid's got some serious issues.

Johnny Footstool
04-30-2007, 03:42 PM

He should have picked it up and chucked it at the kids who were making fun of him.

TeamDunn
04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
It looked like he was going to step in it. GROSS! :help:

Red Leader
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
It looked like he was going to step in it. GROSS! :help:

He did.

TeamDunn
04-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I must have looked away just in time. :eek:

Chip R
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Tony and Phil are real Father Flanagans when it comes down to giving kids advice. :rolleyes:

I don't think it was a particularly good episode but it was probably one of those ones that might become more important later on. Conflicts between Phil and Tony, Tony and Hesh, Tony and Carm, even Tony and Melfi to a degree.

TeamDunn
04-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Carmela should have kicked him right in the groin. She was certainly understanding later on...totally out of character for her (Except when he was bringing her nice expensive gifts)

TeamCasey
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
The gambling thread is kind of odd - considering they haven't mentioned it at all for pretty much the entire show - now suddenly it's a huge issue and they are playing up (at least from the teaser for next week) as a huge issue.

Just odd to bring it up before the series finale.

I think so too considering how much Tony thinks gamblers are scumbags.

Chip R
04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
I think so too considering how much Tony thinks gamblers are scumbags.

He's gone to the casinos from time to time in the past and played poker but he's taken it to another level now. Of course Tony's problem with Davey Scutino was that he was in debt and didn't have the money to pay him back plus it caused him problems with Richie. But Tony's hypocritical anyway. Looks like Christufuh is going to get some beatdown next week.

Degenerate39
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
He should have picked it up and chucked it at the kids who were making fun of him.

Instead he stepped in it :eek:

TeamCasey
04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Anyone think Dr. Melfi's rape will ever get brought back up? I just saw the episode on AE and it got me thinking. I have always wanted her to tell Tony about it and Tony to take that guy out.

Me too. I couldn' believe it never came up again.

Razor Shines
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
With the way 24 has been going of late, I really didn't need this from the Sopranos. That's half of the TV shows I watch that are kind of boring right now.

RFS62
04-30-2007, 09:07 PM
The whole gambling deal with Tony seemed so far out of left field. Several times over the years they've had gambling themes.... the weekly high stakes card game that Tim Daly and Robert Patrick both lost big money in comes to mind.

But to throw such a wildcard into this season with no development other than last night was pretty lame, IMO.

kbrake
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I agree with most that things are really slow right now, but I just keep holding out hope that Chase knows how he wants to finish things, has for a long time, and will make the most out of it. I'm sure no matter what some will be upset with how things end, just hope I'm not one of them haha.

Chip R
05-02-2007, 04:42 PM
In most families, when their kid is having problems, they seek counseling from professionals who are trained in the area of how to deal with delinquent children. Not the Spatafores. They have their kid counseled by gangsters. :lol:

I forgot to mention this last week but Dominic Chianese (Uncle Jr.) was on Keith Olbermann the week before last and the woman substituting for Keith asked him if he was happy how his character ended up on the show and he said he was very pleased. No spoiler but something to think about.

kbrake
05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
New episode again tonight....things have to pick up this week. Right?

WMR
05-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Somebody big is dying tonight, BET.

AJ's girlfriend going to sleep with Tony? :pray:

Degenerate39
05-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Somebody big is dying tonight, BET.

AJ's girlfriend going to sleep with Tony? :pray:

I just hope they don't show that gothic kid again. He pretty muched ruined the episode for me.

WMR
05-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Nah he's being verbally assaulted and prolly smacked around as well by some ex-drill sergeants out in the hills of Utah as we speak.

WMR
05-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't think AJ's girlfriend got turned on by hearing AJ's grand plan of becoming the assistant manager at the pizza parlor. Did her eyes ever light up when Carm's mansion was discussed. I think she'll put the screws to AJ to get involved and make some major scratch or she's done with him.

BoydsOfSummer
05-06-2007, 05:15 PM
They seem to be spending a bunch of time setting up anyone and everyone to be a whacker or whackee of Tony, with a bunch of filler around it. Pretty boring to me actually.

WMR
05-06-2007, 10:39 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

Chris just threw Paulie's brother (cousin?) out of a window!!

TeamDunn
05-06-2007, 10:59 PM
WOW! This episode made up for last weeks piece of crap one! :eek:

Anyone else think the guy at the AA meeting is an undercover agent?

Paulie was a complete jerk. I can't believe Christopher killed JT. :(

edabbs44
05-06-2007, 11:17 PM
WOW! This episode made up for last weeks piece of crap one! :eek:

Anyone else think the guy at the AA meeting is an undercover agent?

Paulie was a complete jerk. I can't believe Christopher killed JT. :(

I said it to my wife..that guy at AA has some other motives.

zombielady
05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
This whole episode was really depressing and foreboding to me.

That's actually how I feel about the show, as a whole... It could use a smidge 'o comic releif, IMO

Chip R
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I wonder if Christopher gets arrested for killing J.T. he'll turn rat.

kbrake
05-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I dont see Christopher ever flipping. After all that happend with him handing Adriana over, I just dont see him ever doing it. I could see him killing Tony though.

Chip R
05-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I dont see Christopher ever flipping. After all that happend with him handing Adriana over, I just dont see him ever doing it. I could see him killing Tony though.

I dunno. I know he was drunk but he sure sounded like he wanted to tell tales out of school, so to speak. He's got a wife and a kid now and if he gets nailed for this and convicted, he goes to jail. That's how they flipped Ade, although it was on a lesser charge. He's already mad at Paulie and Tony. He probably resents Sil for what happened to Ade. If they offer to put him in witness protection, he may flip.

Degenerate39
05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I can't believe Christopher started drinking again and shot JT did not see that one coming.

Chip R
05-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I can't believe Christopher started drinking again and shot JT did not see that one coming.

Oh, I can believe he started drinking again. I didn't see him shooting JT, though.

I wonder if that Law and Order script JT was working on featured a certain short, big nosed, unibrowed detective. ;)

kbrake
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Ok 4 more to go. I am convinced that one big guy will go down tonight. I think either Paulie, Sil, or Christopher get taken out tonight. I also think that AJ continues to step up. Whats everyone else think?

Degenerate39
05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok 4 more to go. I am convinced that one big guy will go down tonight. I think either Paulie, Sil, or Christopher get taken out tonight. I also think that AJ continues to step up. Whats everyone else think?

I think the Feds go after Chris

Chip R
05-13-2007, 11:28 PM
R.I.P., Chrissy.

RFS62
05-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Wow, what an episode.

pedro
05-14-2007, 02:59 AM
that was cold.

TeamDunn
05-14-2007, 08:12 AM
I wonder if he was thinking he should have stuck with Ade? I hope so. :thumbup:

westofyou
05-14-2007, 11:18 AM
that was cold.

Moral to the story, don't ever get so high that you sit on a dog... or wreck (your car) with your conflicted mob boss riding next to you.

Degenerate39
05-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I missed this episode but when it comes on again tonight I will definetly see that. I'm looking forward to it.

Tony Cloninger
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe Tony can do a special guest star role on Entourage and end the misery that is little Vanilla Ice and Drama Queen.

I think Tony got fed up with Chrissy and just did not trust him anymore.

BoydsOfSummer
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
After a bajillion therapy sessions with the sexy Dr. Melfi-- nothing. Gnaw on some peyote with a smokin' hot stripper/student in Vegas--epiphany!!

There are great life-lessons there, kiddies.

deltachi8
05-14-2007, 10:08 PM
After a bajillion therapy sessions with the sexy Dr. Melfi-- nothing. Gnaw on some peyote with a smokin' hot stripper/student in Vegas--epiphany!!

There are great life-lessons there, kiddies.

I was taking notes...

Degenerate39
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't believe Chris died

letsgojunior
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I can't believe Chris died

I loved Chris.:(

BoydsOfSummer
05-14-2007, 11:39 PM
That only counted as half-a-whacking didn't it?

Steve4192
05-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Maybe Tony can do a special guest star role on Entourage and end the misery that is little Vanilla Ice and Drama Queen.

Are you kidding?

Drama and Turtle are the only two members of the entourage who can carry a scene when Jeremy Piven is not on-screen. Vince & Eric are both pretty one-dimensional and wooden.

jmcclain19
05-20-2007, 01:42 AM
I finally got a chance to watch last Sunday's episode on the DVR.

Kind of weak episode in my opinion. Once Tony saw the drugs I just knew that was going to happen. The Vegas/Peyote trip just didn't do anything for me either.

In all - I think it's a rather blase ending to a great show so far.

Puffy
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Going to be a wild last two episodes.

Chip R
05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Anybody else hoped that A.J. had been successful?

Johnny Footstool
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Indeed, but he proved to be just as ineffectual in suicide as in the rest of his life. That kid is an absolute disaster.

And I love his rationalizations. "Did it occur to you that maybe I was trying to self-medicate?"

Red Leader
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM

Nah, as much as I dispise his character's weakness, I'm glad that he survived.

As Puffy said, the last two weeks should be jam packed with action. If we get more of what we had this week, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I'm thinking Phil is going to get whacked in the coming weeks, or Tony's going to get caught ordering a hit on him and he'll go down. Only one of those two will be standing at the end, IMO.

Meadow dating Patty's son is interesting. Wasn't Patty the one who was working with the FBI at one time (and is he still?). That could setup Tony being locked away at the end...

HumnHilghtFreel
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Meadow dating Patty's son is interesting. Wasn't Patty the one who was working with the FBI at one time (and is he still?). That could setup Tony being locked away at the end...

Yeah, I thought it was kind of ironic hearing a mob boss' daughter talking about her newfound passion for the justice system.

Chip R
05-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Indeed, but he proved to be just as ineffectual in suicide as in the rest of his life. That kid is an absolute disaster.

And I love his rationalizations. "Did it occur to you that maybe I was trying to self-medicate?"

He's a whiney little turd, isn't he? He wouldn't eat the steak because of all the problems in meat-packing plants but he wouldn't leave home because he had to eat his mother's cooking. Give me a break.

Chip R
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I thought it was kind of ironic hearing a mob boss' daughter talking about her newfound passion for the justice system.

She reminds me of Otter in Animal House.

Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What's the difference?

Johnny Footstool
05-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Not according to the "reliable" sources on the internet.

Ray Curto (George Loros), a capo who's been working as an FBI informant going back at least to the third season, pops up again, but he's appeared so infrequently over the years that it's easy to confuse him with Soprano henchman Patsy Parisi (Dan Grimaldi), whom he resembles.

Patsy is the guy who got drunk, climbed into Tony's back yard, and aimed a gun at him before finally backing down and deciding to simply pee in Tony's pool.

Red Leader
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Not according to the "reliable" sources on the internet.

Patsy is the guy who got drunk, climbed into Tony's back yard, and aimed a gun at him before finally backing down and deciding to simply pee in Tony's pool.

Thanks, Johnny. Glad I wasn't the only one, apparently, that had those two confused.

Redsfaithful
05-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I just have a sick feeling about the entire show at this point.

Someone else might have pointed this out already, but Tony is turning into his mother in these last few episodes. I've lost count of how many times he's said "Poor you" to someone.

I was kind of hoping A.J. would man up and join the his father's business, but last night's episode was probably better in the end. Certainly a lot more consistent with his history.

Chip R
05-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I just have a sick feeling about the entire show at this point.

Someone else might have pointed this out already, but Tony is turning into his mother in these last few episodes. I've lost count of how many times he's said "Poor you" to someone.

I was kind of hoping A.J. would man up and join the his father's business, but last night's episode was probably better in the end. Certainly a lot more consistent with his history.

Thught it was kind of odd how when Carm was ticking off all his family members who had problems she left off Janice and Livia.

The mob would not be a good place for A.J. He makes Fredo Corleone look like a genius.

pedro
05-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Nah, as much as I dispise his character's weakness, I'm glad that he survived.

As Puffy said, the last two weeks should be jam packed with action. If we get more of what we had this week, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I'm thinking Phil is going to get whacked in the coming weeks, or Tony's going to get caught ordering a hit on him and he'll go down. Only one of those two will be standing at the end, IMO.

I think Paulie is going to turn on Tony and offer to whack him to get an in with Phil's family.

letsgojunior
05-21-2007, 08:51 PM
So, has Chrissie come back to life yet?

Johnny Footstool
05-22-2007, 03:11 AM
So, has Chrissie come back to life yet?

There's a big "Heroes" crossover planned for the final two Sopranos episodes.

WMR
05-23-2007, 02:31 AM
That curb stomp was straight out of American History X.

jmcclain19
05-23-2007, 04:19 AM

One of the few moments in film that still makes me flinch and turn away when it's on.

Johnny Footstool
05-23-2007, 11:46 AM

...but without the army boots or the sickening crunch.

WMR
05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
...but without the army boots or the sickening crunch.

More flying teeth though! :p:

WMR
05-23-2007, 12:32 PM
One of the few moments in film that still makes me flinch and turn away when it's on.

Me too.

That and when the alien chews it way out of that dudes chest in the original Alien.

Puffy
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM

That and The Crying Game.

WMR
05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
That and The Crying Game.

OH NO YOU did NOT just go there!! :eek:

LOL That's definitely another worthy addition to the "cringe-worthy" movie list.

pedro
05-23-2007, 05:30 PM

I had to turn away too.

And when tony found that tooth in his pants cuffs? Nasty.

Redsfaithful
05-24-2007, 01:20 PM
And when tony found that tooth in his pants cuffs? Nasty.

I actually found that pretty funny. Reminded me of the early Sopranos humor, which I'm missing as everything goes to hell.

Chip R
05-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I actually found that pretty funny. Reminded me of the early Sopranos humor, which I'm missing as everything goes to hell.

Same here. :lol:

jmcclain19
05-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Oh I found the tooth part quite funny. The stomp - not so much.

Degenerate39
06-03-2007, 10:50 PM
What an episode tonight my God.

Reds Fanatic
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
A truly great episode tonight.

Degenerate39
06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Just one more episode :(

Chip R
06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
That was a great episode. I'm glad Paulie's still around, though.

letsgojunior
06-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Still bitter that Chrissie is dead.

kbrake
06-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Cant believe it....only one more.

Chip R
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Still bitter that Chrissie is dead.

I think if you had watched some of the stuff from a couple of years ago, you might not be so bitter about Christufuh.

letsgojunior
06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
I think if you had watched some of the stuff from a couple of years ago, you might not be so bitter about Christufuh.

I have watched seasons 1-5.

Puffy
06-04-2007, 12:28 AM
wow - poor Sil.

pedro
06-04-2007, 02:43 AM
wow - poor Sil.

Things really didn't unfold like I thought they would. I was sure that Paulie was gonna turn on Tony.

Next week should be really interesting.

Redsfaithful
06-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Crazy, crazy episode.

For a brief moment I really thought Tony was going to off himself at the end. That would have been something.

RFS62
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Unbelievable episode. Bobby's scene reminded me of the big scene at the end of Godfather I when Moe Green and gang got it.

I'm really going to hate to see this series end.

Chip R
06-04-2007, 10:31 AM
I have watched seasons 1-5.

So you know about Ade then?

You know Janice has to be enjoying the fact that Bobby was killed. Now she gets the attention she craves.

Johnny Footstool
06-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Unbelievable episode. Bobby's scene reminded me of the big scene at the end of Godfather I when Moe Green and gang got it.

I'm really going to hate to see this series end.

That was a fantastic sequence -- well shot, well edited, very tense.

I loved Sil offing that turncoat in the opening sequence.

I cheered when Artie made his appearance. He was hilarious.

Man, I wish David Chase would have started this Endgame storyline a couple of weeks ago instead of messing around with the boring gambling episodes.

Chip R
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Man, I wish David Chase would have started this Endgame storyline a couple of weeks ago instead of messing around with the boring gambling episodes.

Yeah. That never went anywhere but they wasted 2 episodes on it. Maybe it was just a red herring to throw people off looking for the real ending of the show.

RFS62
06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah. That never went anywhere but they wasted 2 episodes on it. Maybe it was just a red herring to throw people off looking for the real ending of the show.

It threw me off, for sure. I thought so much was invested in it that it had to play large in the conclusion of the series.

Razor Shines
06-04-2007, 01:17 PM
wow - poor Sil.

Yeah he was my favorite character. Didn't do anything put himself or the family at risk, always loyal to Tony even when he disagreed. I was hoping there would be a better ending for him.

But last night's episode was fantastic. As disappointed as I've been with this show lately that episode was worth it, and I can't wait until next week's.

Benihana
06-04-2007, 01:57 PM
My prediction: Tony's gonna flip and go to the feds ratting out Phil. What else can he do? The only two guys in his family he respected are gone- Bobby and Sil. Paulie is a dope, and nobody else even matters.

He goes into witness protection with his family, and focuses his efforts on trying to save his real family rather than his mafia familty. The opportunity for a movie (although I doubt there will be one) will be left open.

pedro
06-04-2007, 02:00 PM
My prediction: Tony's gonna flip and go to the feds ratting out Phil. What else can he do? The only two guys in his family he respected are gone- Bobby and Sil. Paulie is a dope, and nobody else even matters.

He goes into witness protection with his family, and focuses his efforts on trying to save his real family rather than his mafia familty. The opportunity for a movie (although I doubt there will be one) will be left open.

I think that's a distinct possibility.

westofyou
06-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Interesting take, here's a few reasons why I see that.

1. the FBI guy mentioned that the "Family" watched the Brooklyn Naval Yard during WW2. That leaves a lingering notion that Tony has an in to "help" the FBI (and possibly himself)

2. Malfi closed the "door" on Tony and his chance to ever understand "who" he is.

3. Paulie the stooge, talks about a girls legs while Tony worries about his life, and his families.

4. The Coma Life in LA already pointed towards a battle between being "faceless" vs Being the Boss.

Or what I typed is a total waste of time, if one thing this show has shown me is that "stereotypes" of stories and the rhythm of them all adhere to a different beat then regular movies, the long show format provides hours of threads that hang loosely in the wind, and we all grasp at them trying to figure out which one will be the one that unravels the whole thing. I for one am completely befuddled on what will happen.

kbrake
06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I really dont want to see Tony flip. Well I guess I want to see him kill Phil then I dont really mind what Tony does.

pedro
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I really dont want to see Tony flip. Well I guess I want to see him kill Phil then I dont really mind what Tony does.

I would like to see Phil get killed. I don't like him very much.

One impression I got is that his captains don't seem to like him a whole lot either.

Johnny Footstool
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM

That would be a great ending, IMO.

woy mentioned a lot of reasons why it would work. I think Tony's relationship with the FBI agent makes it very probable, especially since the agent tipped Tony off about Phil putting out a hit on him.

RFS62
06-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Would be a nice moral for the story, too. No honor among thieves, etc.

I hadn't even considered that possibility.

westofyou
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM
As far as the anti-hero role that Tony represents that line has always been blurry, as in should one like and respect someone who is so wrong on every level? It's the daily battle Malfi takes when working with Tony. If he flips he then justifies the therapy that Malfi has devoted a large chunk of her life to (it also in turns wipes the criminal stigma away and thus the report she pored over) As a viewer it allows the character to not only survive his destiny, but to reshape it and somewhat take the anti part of the anti-hero away and make him a hero as he saves his broken family. That gives a payoff for the years invested, plus it's a line blurring event that defines the end of the story, yet places other questions out there.

Sort of like the end of The Departed.

kbrake
06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
I think I would just rather see Tony go down like Paul Castellano then Sammy Gravano. To me it has always seemed more fitting that Tony would go down fighting before he would flip but WOY has done a great job of laying out a perfect explanation for Tony flipping.

Johnny Footstool
06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
As far as the anti-hero role that Tony represents that line has always been blurry, as in should one like and respect someone who is so wrong on every level? It's the daily battle Malfi takes when working with Tony. If he flips he then justifies the therapy that Malfi has devoted a large chunk of her life to (it also in turns wipes the criminal stigma away and thus the report she pored over) As a viewer it allows the character to not only survive his destiny, but to reshape it and somewhat take the anti part of the anti-hero away and make him a hero as he saves his broken family. That gives a payoff for the years invested, plus it's a line blurring event that defines the end of the story, yet places other questions out there.

Sort of like the end of The Departed.

It provides closure, gives the villain (Phil) his comeuppance, and provides material for future stories. It makes perfect sense.

So David Chase will probably avoid it altogether and have Tony get bitten by a wolfman or something.

westofyou
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
It provides closure, gives the villain (Phil) his comeuppance, and provides material for future stories. It makes perfect sense.

So David Chase will probably avoid it altogether and have Tony get bitten by a wolfman or something.

Another thing was that whole impassioned speech by Phil about how the Jersey crew was the red headed step child, phony mafiso and then about how Tony never did time... "He doesn't get it." was what I think he said.

But we all know that Tony gets "something", he told us when the sun rose in Vegas.

RFS62
06-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Wonder if Janice will go all nutty one more time.

westofyou
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Wonder if Janice will go all nutty one more time.

Nope, she's played out, zombieville on the couch, left alone to torment those three children.

Johnny Footstool
06-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Another thing was that whole impassioned speech by Phil about how the Jersey crew was the red headed step child, phony mafiso and then about how Tony never did time... "He doesn't get it." was what I think he said.

But we all know that Tony gets "something", he told us when the sun rose in Vegas.

What Tony got was that our mothers are like a bus. They drop us off and try to keep going on their way, but we keep trying to get back on the bus.

Nope, she's played out, zombieville on the couch, left alone to torment those three children.

Like her own mother.

Chip R
06-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Would be a nice moral for the story, too. No honor among thieves, etc.

I think that's always been the theme of the show. From Tony almost getting killed by Livia and Junior to Ade getting killed to Tony willing to tell the FBI about those Arabs who may or may not be terrorists. Even Carm will do what she has to do to get what she wants. Nobody is an innocent on that show.

WMR
06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I dunno, I just don't see Tony flipping. I think he'll eliminate Phil and re-establish working relations with New York or go down trying.

pedro
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I dunno, I just don't see Tony flipping. I think he'll eliminate Phil and re-establish working relations with New York or go down trying.

I'm not so sure without Silvio and Bobby.

TeamCasey
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
It would be a cop-out for Tony to die or flip. Too easy.

I want to see a different ending.

kbrake
06-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I guess I would take just about any ending that does not have Kevin Finnerty waking up from a long dream.

RFS62
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I guess I would take just about any ending that does not have Kevin Finnerty waking up from a long dream.

He could wake up as Kevin Finnerty and see Bobby Ewing in the shower, maybe.

BoydsOfSummer
06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Left with only Paulie Walnuts and a few flunkies--yeowch. Tony is indeed backed into a corner.

I'm still holding hope that Carmela takes the dirt nap. I really dislike her.

I thought Tony having the "cousins" from Italy do the Phil hit was odd. It wasn't exactly chicken crap, but it sure had hen house ways. Also it cost them because they killed the wrong Phil.:laugh:

Degenerate39
06-04-2007, 10:24 PM

6 seasons of one dream. I would be pretty p-oed.

kbrake
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I really thought this would be the season we would see AJ grow up. Just watched the episode again and how pathetic is he still? Really wish T would have just stepped on his head in the pool.

Johnny Footstool
06-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I really thought this would be the season we would see AJ grow up. Just watched the episode again and how pathetic is he still? Really wish T would have just stepped on his head in the pool.

I loved it when Tony lost his temper with AJ, threw him into the closet, and told him to pack. The kid is just a self-absorbed little brat -- a kindergardener at age 20. The product of privilege.

Redsfaithful
06-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Bosses don't flip. They're who the FBI is after, people flip on them. Who's Tony going to give up? New York mafia? I guess it's possible, but I just don't see it.

Chip R
06-05-2007, 02:12 AM
I thought Tony having the "cousins" from Italy do the Phil hit was odd. It wasn't exactly chicken crap, but it sure had hen house ways. Also it cost them because they killed the wrong Phil.:laugh:

That sort of thing has been done in the past. It makes sense, actually. They are in, and by the time someone discovers the body, they are back on a plane.

kbrake
06-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I loved it when Tony lost his temper with AJ, threw him into the closet, and told him to pack. The kid is just a self-absorbed little brat -- a kindergardener at age 20. The product of privilege.

How great was the exchange between Tony and Carmela when he told her they need to leave for awhile. "How will we get A.J. to leave the house, he wont even leave his room?" "Oh he will leave." Loved the look on Tony's face.

RFS62
06-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty impressed by the acting job little AJ has done this season. I didn't know he had it in him.

TeamCasey
06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm still holding hope that Carmela takes the dirt nap. I really dislike her.

I like her .... but that's what I'm thinking.

Red Leader
06-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Bosses don't flip. They're who the FBI is after, people flip on them. Who's Tony going to give up? New York mafia? I guess it's possible, but I just don't see it.

That's the only logic holding me back from believing the series will end with Tony flipping. If he flips on the New York family (Phil's group) you can't honestly expect people to believe that there won't be some fallout from that and that the Soprano family goes into witness protection and is safe for the reset of their lives, ie, a "happy ending." If Tony flipped, that whole family would be dead within a week.

Johnny Footstool
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
That's the only logic holding me back from believing the series will end with Tony flipping. If he flips on the New York family (Phil's group) you can't honestly expect people to believe that there won't be some fallout from that and that the Soprano family goes into witness protection and is safe for the reset of their lives, ie, a "happy ending." If Tony flipped, that whole family would be dead within a week.

That's what woy and I were talking about -- it's an ending that provides some closure to the series but leaves a lot of room for future material. Five or ten years from now, you could see a Sopranos movie about the NY family hunting Tony's family down.

Phil is the type to go after Tony's family regardless of whether Tony flips or not -- he still has a grudge from when Tony B. killed his brother. He's turned himself into a bloodthirsty SOB.

Benihana
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
What Tony got was that our mothers are like a bus. They drop us off and try to keep going on their way, but we keep trying to get back on the bus.

Like her own mother.

No, I think what Tony "got" in the peyote hallucination was that "there is more out there". Not neccessarily an alternate universe like Melfi suggested, but there is more to life than "just this." That may lead him to flip.

The only other ending I could possibly forsee is Tony following in AJ's steps and committing suicide. The hits on Sil and Bobby have left him with not much of a family, and something could happen in the finale to his biological family that leaves him with not much in that department. Melfi has left him "for dead", and he may have no other choice. After all, the underlying theme of the whole show is his depression, and like his mother said "In the end you family and friends will let you down and you'll die alone." Suicide has been a huge theme on the show, with Gloria Trillo, the guy in Tony's crew in the season premiere, Artie Bucco's attempt, and of course AJ's attempt. As far as a boss not being able to flip, both Junior and Tony received offers in previous seasons to flip, and both obviously declined. I still think he'll flip, but IMO suicide is the other possibility.

redsfan
06-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I would love to see an ending like in the Godfather movies where they take care of all family business. Furio could hear about the problems Tony is having and get some competant help to come help them. That is the way I would like to see it ended.

On a side note. I have heard several times about the Soprano movie, and it does not sound good. I have heard that they are leaving no doubt about the ending. It will not need a movie. I also heard James Gandolfini is getting tired of the character. He says he has to get himself so angry to play the character it is effecting his life.

Chip R
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I would love to see an ending like in the Godfather movies where they take care of all family business. Furio could hear about the problems Tony is having and get some competant help to come help them. That is the way I would like to see it ended.

Furio won't help Tony since Tony put a hit out on him cause he found out Furio is sweet on Carm.

wally post
06-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Just a shot in the dark (no pun intended :D) but I can see Janice shooting Tony in the last episode - there's some crazy DNA in that family! I doubt the feds participate in the end, other than posing the ever-present threat.

Chip R
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I thought this story was humorous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070605/tv_nm/usa_sopranos_locations_dc

kbrake
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Great article might have to order pizza from Pizzaland sometime.

Falls City Beer
06-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Tony will get killed, but only after facing the wreck that's been his life; that will be his (and our) consolation.

The hero always dies in a real story cycle. If he lives I'll be furious.

kbrake
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Tony will get killed, but only after facing the wreck that's been his life; that will be his (and our) consolation.

The hero always dies in a real story cycle. If he lives I'll be furious.

I agree. I think he has to die, I just hope they do it right.

jmcclain19
06-06-2007, 02:18 AM
What if the next episode ends with Tony on the stand finishing up the story, as if the entire series was just his Testimony while on the stand?

Unlikely but something I thought of

Razor Shines
06-06-2007, 04:30 AM
What if the next episode ends with Tony on the stand finishing up the story, as if the entire series was just his Testimony while on the stand?

Well it would be better than a dream, but for the reasons others have stated I can't see him flipping.

Honestly though I don't even think I could take a guess on how it will end and I'm not even sure how I'd want it to end. I do know that this is the first time I've been really excited for an episode of the Sopranos in a long time.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I could have sworn in the last scene on the bed he was going to put the barrel of the gun in his mouth.

I guess that wouldn't have left much for next week though:)

westofyou
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM

In the business that is known as a "Film School" ending.

I should know, I used it in film school, except the story returns to reveal that it is being told in a group therapy session.

Falls City Beer
06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Tony is a sociopath--sociopaths with Tony's ego don't kill themselves. At least not narratively. Rest assured, he will not off himself. The only question is: will he go down running away or will he go down fighting?

Redsfaithful
06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Tony is a sociopath--sociopaths with Tony's ego don't kill themselves. At least not narratively. Rest assured, he will not off himself. The only question is: will he go down running away or will he go down fighting?

Preview for this week made it look like fighting I thought, but you can't really ever tell from those.

WMR
06-06-2007, 11:47 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/pudknock21/Fire%20And%20Forget/bobby.jpg

WMR
06-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Some pictures from the final episode. No spoilers, just more head-scratch-inducers.

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_01.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_02.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_03.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_04.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_05.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_06.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_07.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_08.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_09.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_10.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_11.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_12.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_13.jpg

Red Leader
06-07-2007, 09:49 AM
WilyMo -

Is it me or does picture 11 look like Tony and Carm are sitting in therapy?

Also found it interesting that they show Tony visiting Uncle Jun. That ought to be an interesting conversation.

WMR
06-07-2007, 12:27 PM
RL, yes it does look like a therapist's office. Clearly not Dr. Melfi's. It looks like AJ's, IIRC.

Yes, I was really glad to see Tony pictured with Junior for this final episode. I see Junior having a moment of real clarity and I bet their conversation will be an especially poignant one.

Red Leader
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
RL, yes it does look like a therapist's office. Clearly not Dr. Melfi's. It looks like AJ's, IIRC.

Yes, I was really glad to see Tony pictured with Junior for this final episode. I see Junior having a moment of real clarity and I bet their conversation will be an especially poignant one.

Could also be someone else's office, like the DA's, or someone like that.

Maybe Uncle Jun gives Tony a "I love you, Anthony, and you've gotta do what you've gotta do," speech after Tony informs him of what he's planning on doing? :dunno:

That last part is a bit of a reach, but I can't think of too many reasons of why Tony would go visit Uncle Jun.

WMR
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Part of me thinks the photos of Tony in the leather jacket are at the end after everything has gone down. How else would Paulie be sunning himself outside of the pork store? Also makes me think those two will survive. Also, the look on Tony's face looks like death warmed over. Could just be a grimace that doesn't mean anything, but, then again, maybe not.

The photo with AJ, Carm, and Tony at the diner could mean that Meadow doesn't survive. I could see her getting killed. AJ is scuffed up in a photo. Maybe he witnesses her death and kills Phil? That'd certainly fit with the title.

Johnny Footstool
06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Image #1 brings a smile to my face.

WMR
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
You know, the reason that I think that that office shot is a some sort of psychiatrist's office is b/c you can see a box of tissues sitting between Tony and Carm. Could be another sort of office, but the conspicuous box of tissues is normally a staple of a shrink's office.

Degenerate39
06-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Some pictures from the final episode. No spoilers, just more head-scratch-inducers.

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_01.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_02.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_03.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_04.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_05.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_06.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_07.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_08.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_09.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_10.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_11.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_12.jpg
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season06B/ep86/ep86_13.jpg

Best picture is the 12th one

Chip R
06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Image #1 brings a smile to my face.

Same here. Paulie's the best.

westofyou
06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Same here. Paulie's the best.

Ughh I can't stand Paulie.. Meadow and AJ are on the same couch for those closeups... same time? I don't think so.

wally post
06-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the pics!

At this point, I'm afraid tony will turn and the family relocate. I don't really mind what happens, it's been a great run!

Chip R
06-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Gandolfini: Playing Tony was tiring.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_en_tv/tv_james_gandolfini

kbrake
06-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Ok Reds game is over, now I am going to be pretty much staring at the clock til 9. Really hope I dont feel dissapointed at 10.

Degenerate39
06-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Ok Reds game is over, now I am going to be pretty much staring at the clock til 9. Really hope I dont feel dissapointed at 10.

I feel the same way I really hope this episode won't be disappointing.

letsgojunior
06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Ughh I can't stand Paulie.. Meadow and AJ are on the same couch for those closeups... same time? I don't think so.

I can't stand Paulie either.

kbrake
06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I feel the same way I really hope this episode won't be disappointing.

I'm sure no matter what that people will be upset with the way things end. I just really dont want the witness protection thing the more I think about it.