PDA

View Full Version : How many of us could spare 5 dollars?

REDblooded
04-08-2007, 11:14 PM
If we could make a proposal to the Reds to pay half of Miltons salary this year if the Reds would cut him, and half of the city chipped in 5 bucks a piece, I think we could have Milty out of here with maybe just 1 more start.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Why not bump it to 10 bucks and use that money to buy a cheap seat in the ballpark for a night. That might help offset some of that salary too in a dreamworld

REDblooded
04-08-2007, 11:35 PM
paying money to be entertained doesn't make a point. If half of this city was willing to pay just to see a guy go.............................that has a voice.

I am all for fan support at the games though......maybe the donation area should be just inside of the gates?

George Anderson
04-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok

I am going to go out on a limb and say..........

I dont think this is going to happen :rolleyes:

Mario-Rijo
04-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Count me in!

mound_patrol
04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
If we could make a proposal to the Reds to pay half of Miltons salary this year if the Reds would cut him, and half of the city chipped in 5 bucks a piece, I think we could have Milty out of here with maybe just 1 more start.

That's weird...I was thinking about this same thing a little bit ago but chose not to post it. I'd be willing to donate to see Milton gone.

Jr's Boy
04-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm in.

realistic
04-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Ill toss in 80 bucks and take my lunch to work all week.

Crumbley
04-09-2007, 03:18 AM
Are you Danny Graves?

Ltlabner
04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
How about just flood the Reds FO with emails asking for them to DFA Milton. I'm not talking "Milton is the sux" emails, but well thought out, reasoned and articulate emails. You may want to include who will replace him since there isn't a cattle car of options floating around. That might help too.

Oh yea, you can just send me the $5 instead.

Degenerate39
04-09-2007, 08:21 AM
That would be funny but it won't happen.

bucksfan2
04-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Im not ready to pay milton off. Maybe after a few more starts then I would be ready. Fact of the matter is he didn't have all that bad of a start for a 5th starter. 4 runs in 5.1 innings still keeps the team in the game.

Dunner44
04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Why not bump it to 10 bucks and use that money to buy a cheap seat in the ballpark for a night. That might help offset some of that salary too in a dreamworld

Heck, you only need 5 bucks to buy a cheap seat... the upper upper decks are going for abe lincolns. Even better, I bought one of those 5 dollar deals on Saturday and would up sitting three rows back in section 110... basically twenty feet behind 3rd base. If more people came to games, I wouldn't be able to score such sweet seats... but I'm willing to sacrafice my view for more fans at the games.

JaxRed
04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
I bet you couldn't get $1,000 ...

Joseph
04-09-2007, 09:21 AM
How about just flood the Reds FO with emails asking for them to DFA Milton. I'm not talking "Milton is the sux" emails, but well thought out, reasoned and articulate emails. You may want to include who will replace him since there isn't a cattle car of options floating around. That might help too.

Oh yea, you can just send me the $5 instead.

My good friend [and by good friend I mean someone I've never met, but I do have an unhealthy idol worship of him] Tony Kornheiser refers to this as an email jihad.

I'm on board.

Redlegs23
04-09-2007, 09:43 AM
$10 from this poor college student. I'll drink nati light this weekend.

REDblooded
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Im not ready to pay milton off. Maybe after a few more starts then I would be ready. Fact of the matter is he didn't have all that bad of a start for a 5th starter. 4 runs in 5.1 innings still keeps the team in the game.

4 runs in 5 innings keeps a team in the game? An ERA approaching 9? Not to mention how many outs he got that were less the result of good pitching, and more the result of his fielders being able to act in self-defense and not be inpaled by another well-hit line drive.

HalMorrisRules
04-09-2007, 10:43 AM

Why not pick a game on the next homestand and proclaim it "Milton Emancipation Night" and sell out the ballpark. Have WLW hype it and see who shows. :D

REDblooded
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Why not pick a game on the next homestand and proclaim it "Milton Emancipation Night" and sell out the ballpark. Have WLW hype it and see who shows. :D

wow. nicely done. that's 1000 times more plausable than getting people to send money to a perfect stranger. E-mail will be sent soon.

bucksfan2
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
4 runs in 5 innings keeps a team in the game? An ERA approaching 9? Not to mention how many outs he got that were less the result of good pitching, and more the result of his fielders being able to act in self-defense and not be inpaled by another well-hit line drive.

For a #5 starter yea he kept the team in the game. Out of my #5 starter I am looking for him not to implode and turn it over to the bullpen with the team having a chance to win the game. By no means is it a good outing but he didn't kill the reds and the reds didn't score any runs to support him. Milton isn't like Harang and Arroyo who can give up runs but still work late into the game. He is basically a 5-6 inning pitcher who is ok the first and second time through the lineup. He will never live up to the contract he signed so I am just accepting what he can do.

KronoRed
04-09-2007, 11:11 AM

Might be riots of people trying to get in.