(2) New jersey vs. (7) Tampa
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh

Western Confernce:
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary
(2) Anahiem vs. (7) Minnesota
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose

Who are your picks? Suprises for the first round?

I'm a Sabres season ticketholder so am too biased to fairly pick the east but I think the Rangers coul dknock off Atlanta in round one.

Out of the west, I like Minnesota to pull off an upset in round one. If Luongo gets ona roll, I can see Vancouver coming out of the west.

timmario66
04-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Eastern Conference:
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders
(2) New jersey vs. (7) Tampa
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh

Western Confernce:
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary
(2) Anahiem vs. (7) Minnesota
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose

Buffalo over Tampa Bay
NY Rangers over Ottawa
San Jose over Detroit
Vancouver over Anaheim

Buffalo over NY Rangers
San Jose over Vancouver

San Jose over Buffalo

Signed,
Disgruntled 1/2 Blue Jackets season ticket holder

westofyou
04-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Eastern Conference:
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Buffalo
(2) New jersey vs. (7) Tampa - Jersey
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Rangers
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh - Ottawa

Buffalo Beats Rangers

Jersey beats Ottawa

Buffalo Beats Jersey

Western Confernce:
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Detroit
(2) Anahiem vs. (7) Minnesota - Ducks
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Vancouver
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - San Jose

Detroit beats Sharks
Ducks beat Vancouver

Ducks Beat Detroit

---------------------------

Ducks beat Sabres

If Kromwell comes back the Red Wings could be in there instead of the Ducks.

captainmorgan07
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
im gonna be a homer here and pick the penguins in a magical run lead by sid the kid

guttle11
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I see Nashville beating Atlanta in the finals. 8 people will watch on TV. 7 of them will be at Raisor's house.

thoamas
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Buffalo
Tampa
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

Detroit
Anaheim
Vancouver
Nashville

Patrick Bateman
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Eastern Conference:
(1) Buffalo vs. (8) NY Islanders - Buffalo
(2) New jersey vs. (7) Tampa - New Jersey
(3) Atlanta vs. (6) NY Rangers - Rangers
(4) Ottawa vs. (5) Pittsburgh - Ottawa

Rangers over Sabres
Sens over Devlis

Sens over Rangers

Western Confernce:
(1) Detroit vs. (8) Calgary - Calgary
(2) Anahiem vs. (7) Minnesota - Minnesota
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Dallas - Dallas
(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose - Nashville

Calgary over Nashville
Minnesota over Dallas

Minnesota over Calgary

Minnesota over Ottawa

Raisor
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I see Nashville beating Atlanta in the finals. 8 people will watch on TV. 7 of them will be at Raisor's house.

Raisor's apartment is 10 miles from BLUUUUUEEEELAND

All of ya'll picking the Rangers will be eating crow once Atlanta UNLEASHES THE FURY!!!!

HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA!

deltachi8
04-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Ready for Round 2?

(1) Buffalo vs. (6) NY Rangers
(2) New jersey vs. (4) Ottawa

Western Confernce:
(1) Detroit vs. (5) San Jose
(2) Anahiem vs. (3) Vancouver

BurgervilleBuck
04-24-2007, 10:52 PM
East
Buffalo in 6
Ottawa in 5

West
Detroit in 7
Anaheim in 6

deltachi8
04-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Was at the Sabres - Rangers game last night. I have said it before, but last night confirmed it, nothing like a Stanley Cup Playoff Game in person.

Photo of the arena after the Sabres second goal:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/deltachi8/goalround2.jpg

BurgervilleBuck
04-26-2007, 04:05 PM
The Sabres really handed NYR their lunch, didn't they? A Buffalo-Anaheim final wouldn't be too bad to watch. Whaddya think?

westofyou
05-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Ducks vs Wings

Sabres vs Senators

I missed one so far (Jersey/Sens)

With the injuries on the Red Wings Blue Line I'm thinking it will be a harder row to hoe for the Wings, the Sabres/Sens should be a battle. My Cup match up will probably stand and if it does I would not be surprised to see the Ducks take it all.

deltachi8
05-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Both series should be highly entertaining. If Hasek stays on his game, i can see Detroit pulling out that one. Good chance both go 7.

deltachi8
05-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Both series should be highly entertaining. If Hasek stays on his game, i can see Detroit pulling out that one. Good chance both go 7.

Shows how much I know about Hockey...

Ottawa surprised me a bit, which should not have happened if I actually looked at their performance from December 5 on. They played an ideal series against my Sabres and deserved to win that in a sweep truly.

I think the two best teams in the league are in the finals. Hope I won't be the only one watching the games.

westofyou
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Shows how much I know about Hockey...

Ottawa surprised me a bit, which should not have happened if I actually looked at their performance from December 5 on. They played an ideal series against my Sabres and deserved to win that in a sweep truly.

I think the two best teams in the league are in the finals. Hope I won't be the only one watching the games.

Well, the Wings weakness was the Power Play, without Kromwell it was going to be a chore, no Schnieder and it was uphill. They lost 2 times in OT and lost a 2-1 series lead, heartbreaking... or not? The Ducks have two Norris guys and their goalie was world class, that was the poison that killed the Wings.

The finals should be a reverse look of the 90's with the Eats having the offense and the west the defense (did I mention I love those west coast Stanley Cup games?

I'm saying Ducks in 6 like my original pick.

RBA
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/hockey/img10216267.jpg

Mighty Cup

BuckU
06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
What a great series. I wish Ottawa would have put up more of a fight and I'm surprised they didn't. If you are a fan of hard hitting, physcial hockey, this was a great series to watch. I just wish it was more than 5 games.

westofyou
06-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Damn... I hit almost every series, the West was more brutal then the East, now that's a change.

My wife is ecstatic... now that Hockey is over, she only has one enemy now... baseball.

deltachi8
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Nice work on the pick, WOY. The Ducks deserve this one. Now, the waiting starts for my ticket draft for next year.

registerthis
06-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Damn... I hit almost every series, the West was more brutal then the East, now that's a change.

My wife is ecstatic... now that Hockey is over, she only has one enemy now... baseball.

That's the great thing about being a fan of both.

Come October, she'll have nearly vanquished baseball, while hockey will be returning from the dead.

Edskin
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
WOY-

My cousin's husband does radio (on air) for the Ducks. I believe he hosts the post-game show. He also ran a website called western hockey or something like that. Anyway, he sent pics last night of himself on the ice, holding the cup, posing with players, etc... Must have been pretty cool.

BurgervilleBuck
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
About ten of those players on the Ducks roster have played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks at the Gardens. It's good to see some local boys lifting the Cup.

westofyou
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
About ten of those players on the Ducks roster have played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks at the Gardens. It's good to see some local boys lifting the Cup.

Local as in they know the difference between Gold Star and Skyline you mean.

westofyou
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
WOY-

My cousin's husband does radio (on air) for the Ducks. I believe he hosts the post-game show. He also ran a website called western hockey or something like that. Anyway, he sent pics last night of himself on the ice, holding the cup, posing with players, etc... Must have been pretty cool.

Luck, lucky man he is, congrats to him Ed, he's gonna savor that forever.

deltachi8
06-08-2007, 10:11 AM
WOY-

Color me completely jelous. Nice story, Ed.

Edskin
06-08-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.hockeytalk.biz/

He is the one in the second photo..

westofyou
06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Fo Shizzal

http://www.hockeytalk.biz/images/SNOOPBETTMAN.jpg

Edskin
06-08-2007, 12:41 PM
So more info on him.....

About Josh...
Josh Brewster founded the Western Hockey Network in 2000, producing all-hockey radio programming as well as print media, covering the world's greatest game from Southern California.

Currently, Josh is the producer and host of the popular "Hockeytalk Audio Features" webcast series on www.hockeytalk.biz, and is also host of the Anaheim Ducks' radio postgame show for the club's road games.

Josh's first hockey program on CRN Digital Talk, 'Power Play,' aired in 2003 and 2004. Brewster also appeared on WNSA FM in Buffalo as an NHL commentator from 2002-04.

His hockey writing has been featured in The Hockey News and Hockey Digest. A 20-plus year veteran radio and voiceover personality, Josh has been heard narrating television series for Animal Planet and USA Network, as well as countlesss radio and TV commercials across America.

He lives with his wife, Catherine, and his son, Brent, in Los Angeles.

deltachi8
06-11-2007, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=westofyou;1377640]Fo Shizzal

Now, will Bettman appear in the next Snoop video? Perhaps taking the place of the man with the green hat?

westofyou
06-11-2007, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=westofyou;1377640]Fo Shizzal

Now, will Bettman appear in the next Snoop video? Perhaps taking the place of the man with the green hat?

I loath Bettmen... way more then even Selig.