PDA

View Full Version : With Hampton now out for the year...

Brisco
04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
...and us having a few tradeable pitching assets... what sort of trade should we be hoping for?

RBA
04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Milton for 2 Barry Manilow tickets (Standing Room Only)

geniusMoment
04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Milton for Smoltz and Hudson.

guttle11
04-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Nah. Milton's market is only for two misspelled concert t-shirts, and "Mandy" is Wayne's favorite song.

Gainesville Red
04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Trading with Atlanta makes me nervous.

GoReds
04-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Milton really sux. You'd have to take AT LEAST a dozen Manilow tickets and the same number of backstage passes. Probably couldn't get past a personalized picture with the Manilow, either.

TC81190
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Hampton is done.

Strikes Out Looking
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
The Reds trade Milton to Atlanta. He then goes on to win 20 games and the Cy Young.

11larkin11
04-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Why would trading with ATL make you nervous...we dont need anything for him, anything we get for him would be a plus.

Jadam
04-09-2007, 11:04 PM
What about putting together a package that would land us Andruw Jones? He is in the last year of his contract so the Braves might be more willing to part with him. We would get even better defensively and have better right handed hitting at the top of the order. I know its not likely to happen but if we were going to trade with the Braves that is who I would like to see come our way. Also with the management having the guts to move Griffey it seems that they would not flinch to move Dunn to 1st, is Votto expendable?

fearofpopvol1
04-10-2007, 12:39 AM
What about putting together a package that would land us Andruw Jones? He is in the last year of his contract so the Braves might be more willing to part with him. We would get even better defensively and have better right handed hitting at the top of the order. I know its not likely to happen but if we were going to trade with the Braves that is who I would like to see come our way. Also with the management having the guts to move Griffey it seems that they would not flinch to move Dunn to 1st, is Votto expendable?

There are way too many flaws with this idea. For starters, no way that they part with Andruw Jones this early in the season. Especially with Philly appearing to struggle, the Braves have a shot at the division or maybe more realistically the wild card. Second, Dunn does not want to play 1st. Votto is the 1st basemen of the future and nobody wants Hatteberg or Conine there beyond this season.

vic715
04-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Milton really sux. You'd have to take AT LEAST a dozen Manilow tickets and the same number of backstage passes. Probably couldn't get past a personalized picture with the Manilow, either.

Lets get real here guys, The Braves aren't going to give up those tickets for Milton.

thatcoolguy_22
04-10-2007, 05:38 AM
we would probably trade him FOR Mike Hampton...

Donder
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
we would probably trade him FOR Mike Hampton...

I'd do that if I were the Reds. Heck, it gets Milton out of the rotation. ;)

Heath
04-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Milton for 3 free passes on the MARTA, and a Michael Vick poster to be named later.

ok, ok.....2 free passes.....

Jadam
04-10-2007, 10:22 AM
There are way too many flaws with this idea. For starters, no way that they part with Andruw Jones this early in the season. Especially with Philly appearing to struggle, the Braves have a shot at the division or maybe more realistically the wild card. Second, Dunn does not want to play 1st. Votto is the 1st basemen of the future and nobody wants Hatteberg or Conine there beyond this season.

First, how can a opinion have flaws? Second I think the Braves more than any other team knows the value of starting pitching and that with out it your chances of winning diminish severely (see the Cincinnati Reds 2000-2006). My point was Griffey didnít want to move either but the future HOFer is now in right, so I think going forward decisions will be made on whatís best for the team and not what the individual player wants. So if Dunn moved to first would Votto be expendable? And if Conine keeps hiting like this he can stick around for as long as he wants.

dabvu2498
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Milton for 3 free passes on the MARTA, and a Michael Vick poster to be named later.

ok, ok.....2 free passes.....

I'd definately do it if they gave up Vick's water bottle.

Degenerate39
04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
No one will take Milton from us. Even if we give him up for free.

Highlifeman21
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
First, how can a opinion have flaws? Second I think the Braves more than any other team knows the value of starting pitching and that with out it your chances of winning diminish severely (see the Cincinnati Reds 2000-2006). My point was Griffey didnít want to move either but the future HOFer is now in right, so I think going forward decisions will be made on whatís best for the team and not what the individual player wants. So if Dunn moved to first would Votto be expendable? And if Conine keeps hiting like this he can stick around for as long as he wants.

You haven't been here long enough to know that opinions can always have flaws.

1. Dunn won't move to 1B. He won't need to move to 1B until Hamilton, Denorfia and Bruce are all ready to contribute on a daily basis. Prior to the need for TJ surgery, Denorfia was ready. Hamilton is on the cusp of being ready on a daily basis. Bruce is still at least a year away. Therefore, we're at least a year away until we have to look at the possibility of Dunn moving to 1B to make room for the OF of Denorfia/Bruce/Hamilton. The only problem with that is that this organization has given up on Chris Denorfia, so once's he's 100% healthy in 2008, look for the Reds to trade him, probably for a foam finger, or one of those mini helmets with the ice cream.

2. Jeff Conine shouldn't be on this team after 2007. If he is, we are in trouble.

EddieMilner
04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
...probably for a foam finger, or one of those mini helmets with the ice cream.

I love those mini helmets with ice cream.

Jadam
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
2. Jeff Conine shouldn't be on this team after 2007. If he is, we are in trouble.

Good call, veteran players who have won championships, play more than one position, give quality at bats, and hit around 300 can really hurt a team trying to make the playoffs.
But that is really not even the point, just an observation.
With Votto and Bruce coming we continue to get more left handed through the line up. My point was adding someone like Andruw Jones would give a better right handed bat at the top of the line up and make us better defensively. If you canít see that this team has trouble against left handed pitching, you might not want to worry about my opinions and worry about your eyesight. :cool:

Dracodave
04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
If you can’t see that this team has trouble against left handed pitching, you might not want to worry about my opinions and worry about your eyesight. :cool:

Name one right handed power-bat we have (I don't include Edwin, just yet as he is going to hit his sophmore slump)?This has been a concern form all Redszone posters since Spring Training, and midway through last season.

Chip R
04-10-2007, 06:20 PM

I can see him being kept on as a platoon with either Hatteberg or Votto.

Dracodave
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I see a platoon bat being brought in, be it Conine or not. I don't think Votto will honestly need a platoon, but it can't hurt can it?

UGADaddy
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Regardless of whether Hampton is in the rotation or not, why would ANYONE want Milton?? We've got a better shot right now of trading Majic back to the Nats.

Plus, I agree with GainesvilleRed: I don't like trading with the Braves. Those guys know what they're doing.

Chip R
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I see a platoon bat being brought in, be it Conine or not. I don't think Votto will honestly need a platoon, but it can't hurt can it?

This lineup if lefty heavy as it is. Narron likes to bring the kids along slowly. He'll get the majority of ABs so I don't think that's going to hurt his development any. I'm sure he'll get his chances against lefties and that'll show whether he can hit them or not. Now it depends on who the righty part of the platoon is too. If it's some Judy hitter, there's going to be trouble in River City.

Dracodave
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
This lineup if lefty heavy as it is. Narron likes to bring the kids along slowly. He'll get the majority of ABs so I don't think that's going to hurt his development any. I'm sure he'll get his chances against lefties and that'll show whether he can hit them or not. Now it depends on who the righty part of the platoon is too. If it's some Judy hitter, there's going to be trouble in River City.

I agree, I just asked the question beause it was begging to be asked. What could a platoon really do outside of give Votto the chance to see ML-Right handers daily, then eased into situations where he can deal with lefties that have better control than what he's seen.