PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Moseley Reaches the Bigs

Keystone12
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Man, it seemed like we were following Moseley for quite awhile in Redsland. Now he's starting for an injury-riddled Angels rotation and had a solid first outing, and should get another.

I'm not going to knock the Reds for not hanging on to him - because even now, he doesn't project to be a pitcher with much of a ceiling. Yet, it seems like there's a certain sense of satisfaction in watching a Reds farm system product start in the bigs. It seems like there are/were so many names being bandied about a few years ago - Josh Hall! Dustin Moseley! - that never had any sort of tangible big-league production for the Reds, so we let them fade away.

Good luck, Dustin. I'm still cheering for you.:)

AdamDunn
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
what gets me mad is the year before, we could have traded Dustin Moseley for Paul Byrd. We didn't do it since Bowden said Moseley could be a 16 game winner someday. Then the next year we trade him for Ortiz. Guess who the Angels sign to replace Ortiz? Byrd.

Shafted.

bucksfan2
04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Speaking of Ortiz, he had a pretty impressive performance against the Yankees the other night. We didn't see that from him once while he was wearing a reds uniform.

Joseph
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Speaking of Ortiz, he had a pretty impressive performance against the Yankees the other night. We didn't see that from him once while he was wearing a reds uniform.

I thought he had a few solid outings with us, but his problem was maintaining it over multiple starts.

But upon looking at his winning box scores from '05 I see thats not really the case he had a few 7 inning, 3 earned performances and one complete game, but nothing spectacular.

MartyFan
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Ortiz was either lethal or laughable...he was never in between. So, when he's hot, he's lights out...when he's cold...he is a great barber!