PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Video Games

StillFunkyB
04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
I had to rant somewhere. I know there are a few of you zoners that play.

I remember the first day I played a baseball video game. Hardball on my buddies Leading Edge 486 PC. Man, talk about fun. Stayed up all night. I think I hit three homeruns with Charles freakin Nagy. Then we got the Tony Larussa game. WOW. Hit a 900 foot bunt HR with Jeff Treadway. We played that game out. I couldn't wait for Friday to come so I could spend all weekend at my friends house playing that game.

Then along came High Heat. I didn't know what I was getting into when I picked it up at Babbages. It was like being back at my friends house on Friday night. I couldn't stop playing that game. Stumbled upon baseballsimcentral.com after getting that game. That was the end of my social life for the most part, because I was either downloading some new mod or playing the game.

Well so we are now into what's called next-gen with the PS3 and the Xbox 360. High Heat is long gone, and so is baseball on the PC (not counting OOTP etc..). While some of the eye candy out there seems to be pretty appealing, the games overall have taken a HUGE step backwards. It really pisses me off that you could have a pretty close to perfect game with High Heat, and then now, 8 years later we have garbage wrapped in pretty paper to make it look nice. I want to buy a PS3, but baseball games are what I really play the most and shelling out $600 for something that plays like crap is not something that sounds that great to me. Sure it looks pretty, but then again so does that last girl in the bar at 3am after 15 beers.

I just wanted to rant, because I hope that someday this will get fixed. What happened to the guys that made High Heat? Why hasn't someone hired that team to make their game?

NorrisHopper30
04-11-2007, 07:44 PM
MLB 2k7 is pretty realistic in my opinion, I've got 1 hitted before, and thrown a 3 hitter online.

It's a lot tougher to hit in this baseball game than i've ever encountered before.

Tommyjohn25
04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm a big fan of "MLB '07 The Show" for the ps2, I think it's pretty darn realistic myself. But before that franchise was started I agree with you, it was pretty much a barren wasteland of baseball video games since the days of the original "Nintendo".

sonny
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
They're holding back MLB 07 for PS3 till May to "perfect" it. should be a good one. too bad I don't have a Ps3

Degenerate39
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
MLB 07 The show is the best baseball game I've ever played. The career mode entertains me for hours.

Yachtzee
04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a game called MLB "The Bigs" coming out this summer? Whereas MLB 2K7 is supposed to be more realistic, I hear "The Bigs" is supposed to be more of and "arcade" experience.

I cut my teeth on Major League Baseball for Intellivision and pretty much feel that the best of the early games was Baseball Stars on Nintendo. However, I am getting a kick out of MLB 2k7 on the 360.

Doro
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
MVP '05 and download the MVP '07 mod to go with it for the PC. I'll take that any day over the 2k games even on the next gen consoles.

Johnny Footstool
04-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Dude, real baseball games began with "Baseball Simulator 1.000" and ended with "Baseball Stars". NES - two buttons was all we needed.

HotCorner
04-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Dude, real baseball games began with "Baseball Simulator 1.000" and ended with "Baseball Stars". NES - two buttons was all we needed.

See my sig. :thumbup:

Yachtzee
04-12-2007, 01:14 AM
We had a Baseball Stars league at the old fraternity house. One of my "brothers" had a team where all the names were European philosophers (Hegel, Kant, Kierkegaard, Sartre), another team had players with pledge names of the brothers of Delta House (D-Day, Bluto, Pinto, Otter, Flounder) and my team consisted of authors from my German Lit class (Goethe, Schiller, Lessing, Brecht, Boll, Kafka). Many hours wasted between Baseball Stars, Tecmo, and Sidepocket (a billiards game).

Reds Freak
04-12-2007, 03:05 AM
I can't say I've ever played a baseball video game as good as Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for Super Nintendo. I have no desire to play the new stuff. Too much stuff and too confusing.

jmcclain19
04-12-2007, 04:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hd8QTmAo88

I just bought an NES at a Pawn Shop a few months ago - and ordered Baseball Simulator off Ebay. That's hours of good fun there.

reds1869
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Once I statrted playing OOTP I found it hard to go back. I recently startd playing MVP again after giving up on 2K for the time being; there are just too many unrealistic elements that suck the fun out for me.

I too loved High Heat. I certainly spent more of my college years at baseballsimcentral than I should have! I miss computer baseball and the ability to mod, which is one of the main reasons I'm addicted to OOTP. Right now I have a Japanese league going using real players, teams, logos, stadium data and complete historical stats. You just can't beat that!

pahster
04-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I still play High Heat 2004 (wish I still had a copy of 2002). I really miss that series. I haven't been able to get into any of the newer games since then. They're just not realistic enough. It seems nearly impossible to to walk as a batter or throw a ball as a pitcher (unless its on purpose). Mario Baseball is pretty fun, but its clearly a different kind of game.

hebroncougar
04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
OOTP is it for me. I just can't get into games that depend on my button mashing. Now if anyone every decided to update graphics/rosters for Earl Weaver Baseball...............I might have to quit my job. Earl was king.

Heath
04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Intellivision rocked Atari's world. At least the graphics showed a field, unlike 4 dots.

I had Hardball with Al Michaels on an Apple IIGS. I also had a baseball program that saved stats. The game was an Apple simulator and you played a game via random numbers. Awesome....for 1989 anyway.....

Redsland
04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
(wish I still had a copy of 2002).
That's what I play.

Caseyfan21
04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
MVP '05 and download the MVP '07 mod to go with it for the PC. I'll take that any day over the 2k games even on the next gen consoles.

Agreed. I love all the mods you can download for free for this game. What some of the modders have done is incredible.

pahster
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
That's what I play.

2004's interface is terrible. Was there something wrong with 2003? I can't remember.

Redsland
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
2004's interface is terrible. Was there something wrong with 2003? I can't remember.
There was something I didn't like about it, so I reverted to the previous version. But I don't remember what the problem was. (Probably either a bug in Franchise mode, or a gameplay tweak I didn't like.)

Chip R
04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
We had a Baseball Stars league at the old fraternity house. One of my "brothers" had a team where all the names were European philosophers (Hegel, Kant, Kierkegaard, Sartre), another team had players with pledge names of the brothers of Delta House (D-Day, Bluto, Pinto, Otter, Flounder) and my team consisted of authors from my German Lit class (Goethe, Schiller, Lessing, Brecht, Boll, Kafka). Many hours wasted between Baseball Stars, Tecmo, and Sidepocket (a billiards game).

No soccer match? ;)

Johnny Footstool
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hd8QTmAo88

I just bought an NES at a Pawn Shop a few months ago - and ordered Baseball Simulator off Ebay. That's hours of good fun there.

I still have my old NES and occasionally break out the Baseball Simulator. I love beating the Heroes with nothing but a scrappy collection of mere mortals.

RedsFan75
04-12-2007, 03:46 PM
There was something I didn't like about it, so I reverted to the previous version. But I don't remember what the problem was. (Probably either a bug in Franchise mode, or a gameplay tweak I didn't like.)

If I'm remembering right 2003 had the franchise bug where it cut all the players over a certain age, so the CPU would get rid of all the veterans.

2004 had an whole other set of problems, but even with their issues, the High Heat games still had gameplay that was amazing.

camisadelgolf
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I've played a lot of video baseball games, and here's what I remember:

Baseball Simulator 1.000 is awesome but too easy.
Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball is awesome and reasonably difficult.
Baseball Stars is very cool--I'd say it's the Super Tecmo Bowl of baseball games.
ESPN Baseball Tonight sucked.
The RBI games were cool to play with other people, but the AI was always really bad.
Tony La Russa Baseball '95 was pretty cool--there was a lot of versatility available that you couldn't find in other baseball games.
Pete Rose Baseball had some cool stuff in regards to scouting and keeping stats, but the gameplay was terrible.
The World Series Baseball games were great, especially 2005.
Tecmo Super Baseball was horrible.
The Bases Loaded games mostly sucked but had great ideas that were later used in other baseball video games.
The MVP games were always pretty good.
Triple Play Baseball was pretty good.
VR Baseball was really terrible.
High Heat Baseball games sucked (except on PC).
Microsoft Baseball 2001 for PC cost me $5, and it was a huge ripoff.
The Griffey game might have been the best for Super Nintendo, but that's not saying much. I remember the Griffey game being pretty cool on GameBoy, though.
The All-Star Baseball games were always better than the 2k games and worse than the MVP games. The only exception being when All-Star Baseball was on N64, which had the best gameplay of all baseball video games, IMHO.

MLB2K7 is the worst game I've ever played.

I've spent the past few years of my life wondering where the time has gone, and thanks to this thread, I've finally figured it out.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM

I just bought it today. I'm ready to sell it back. Horrible game, IMO. The graphics are less than impressive and I don't like the gameplay at all.

camisadelgolf
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
In my opinion, there should be a class action lawsuit against the makers of MLB2K7--that's how bad it is.

sonny
04-13-2007, 05:33 AM
In my opinion, there should be a class action lawsuit against the makers of MLB2K7--that's how bad it is.

Bob Brinkman, the new head of the 2K series stated "This is the most realistic baseball game ever."

He might be looking for a new job after this peice of crap was released.

RedsFan75
04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I've played a lot of video baseball games, and here's what I remember:
[.. impressive list deleted for space... ]

I've spent the past few years of my life wondering where the time has gone, and thanks to this thread, I've finally figured it out.

The only thing missing is the MLB series from Sony. :)

Really good list, and I agree with most of them...
and the bad thing about the 2k series... is they took a good World Series Baseball game and broke it....

High Heat on the PC was amazing, on the console... not so much...

All-Star was probably the best all around game on the consoles... Too bad it went away... 40 man rosters, accurate stadiums, Rule 5, it was great...

Gee, where has all my time gone? :)

StillFunkyB
04-13-2007, 10:37 PM
and OOTP is fun, I play it. I am also in an online league, which is alot of fun as well.

Sometimes I want to actually control the players, and have eye candy.

gilpdawg
04-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Are there any mods and such out there for High Heat? Something to make it current. If there is, I may try to find a copy on ebay or something. I've only played the console versions.

GIK
04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm waiting for MLB 07 The Show for PS3. Everything I've heard in pre-release has been good.

redsgabp
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I just bought it today. I'm ready to sell it back. Horrible game, IMO. The graphics are less than impressive and I don't like the gameplay at all.

what system are you playing 2k7 on?

i have it for the 360 and i think the game is awesome.

great graphics and the swing stick is A++++
no more kiddie A button.

Tommyjohn25
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Does anyone on here have any way of finding out when Josh Hamilton will be part of the online roster updates for '07 The Show? Is there a website somewhere that tells you who will on the updates every week?

RedsFan75
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Operation sports usually posts the lineup after they're out... I've not seen any posting it before... They usually release new rosters on Monday.... SO hopefully he'll be in the next release.

WVPacman
04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
I have 2k7 for ps2, can anybody tell me how to climb the wall to take away homers?? I push up on the right antilog stick and I dive right into the wall.:D

redsgabp
04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I have 2k7 for ps2, can anybody tell me how to climb the wall to take away homers?? I push up on the right antilog stick and I dive right into the wall.:D

i could if you had a 360 :(

time to upgrade LOL

smith288
04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
EA made a huge mistake not continuing their MVP series on the PC. There is a massive following and to release a highly customizable college game with the intention of allowing us, the consumer to modify it to include MLB teams would poke MLB/MLBPA in the eye.

I thought EA had the game darn near down pat until they lost the rights. A shame they didnt give the customers a big fat wink and the tools to make the game easier to mod. Oh well.

Doro
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
dead on :beerme:

EA made a huge mistake not continuing their MVP series on the PC. There is a massive following and to release a highly customizable college game with the intention of allowing us, the consumer to modify it to include MLB teams would poke MLB/MLBPA in the eye.

I thought EA had the game darn near down pat until they lost the rights. A shame they didnt give the customers a big fat wink and the tools to make the game easier to mod. Oh well.

ABEsolutely
04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Are there any mods and such out there for High Heat? Something to make it current. If there is, I may try to find a copy on ebay or something. I've only played the console versions.

Check out baseballsimcentral's download (http://files.simcentral.net/index/) page. I have High Heat 2004 and have downloaded all current files. Pudge's current rosters (http://pudgerosters.stoic1337.info/) are great.
Now I just need the new Reds uniforms. I've tried making them myself, but I'm having problems with the font. I can't get the numbers to be more narrow. The rest of the uni looks good. Anyone have the new uniforms for HH2k4?

Degenerate39
04-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Does anyone on here have any way of finding out when Josh Hamilton will be part of the online roster updates for '07 The Show? Is there a website somewhere that tells you who will on the updates every week?

I've been looking for the same thing. I get online everyday to see if there are any roster updates. I really want Hamilton on my career mode. I'm also looking forward to them putting Homer Bailey on the game. But I don't know when the next update will be. If I found out you'll be the first one I tell.

Doro
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
High Heat is a good game for PC but if your looking to pick up a PC baseball games with great mods pick up MVP '05..... there is a great '07 mod.

As far as roster updates for the 2k7, check out www.operationsports.com if you have a device that transfers files from your PC to memory card (available for PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360) you can download great rosters there and more realistic gameplay sliders. (this is also great for the college games to download real player name rosters).

RedsFan75
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Operation Sports has posted that the latest MLB 07 the Show's roster update is there and it's a big one...

From OS
April 16th roster update(Big one)
There are 383 player movements and 260 attribute updates in this week's Live Roster. Here are some highlights:

Change Highlights:
- 2B Kelly Johnson moved from No Team to Atlanta Position.
- SP Daisuke Matsuzaka moved from No Team to Boston Starting.
- 3B Akinori Iwamura moved from No Team to Devil Rays Position.
- RF Sammy Sosa moved from No Team to Rangers Position.
- RP Hideki Okajima moved from No Team to Boston Relief.
- CF Josh Hamilton moved from No Team to Reds Bench.
- 3B Alex Gordon moved from No Team to Royals Position.
- LF Travis Buck moved from No Team to A's Bench.
- CF Elijah Dukes moved from No Team to Devil Rays Bench.
- SP Micah Owings moved from No Team to D'backs Starting.
- SP John Danks moved from No Team to White Sox Starting.

Attribute Highlights:
1. Kenji Johjima
2. Aaron Hill
3. Mike Piazza
4. Akinori Iwamura
5. David DeJesus
1. Derrek Lee
2. Rich Aurilia
3. Ronnie Belliard
4. Wilson Valdez
5. Luis Gonzalez

Power:
1. Alex Rodriguez
2. Ty Wigginton
3. David Ortiz
4. Juan Uribe
5. Ivan Rodriguez
1. Jimmy Rollins
2. Geoff Jenkins
3. Jeff Francoeur
4. Andruw Jones
5. Adam Dunn

Pitching:
1. Jon Garland
2. Javier Vazquez
3. Nate Robertson
1. Todd Jones
2. Chris Ray
1. Livan Hernandez
2. Tim Hudson
3. Chuck James
1. Takashi Saito
2. Jason Isringhausen

WVPacman
04-17-2007, 12:45 AM
i could if you had a 360 :(

time to upgrade LOL

im tired of upgrading!! you buy one and they keep coming out with another new game.;)

sonny
04-17-2007, 04:16 AM
High Heat is a good game for PC but if your looking to pick up a PC baseball games with great mods pick up MVP '05..... there is a great '07 mod.

As far as roster updates for the 2k7, check out www.operationsports.com if you have a device that transfers files from your PC to memory card (available for PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360) you can download great rosters there and more realistic gameplay sliders. (this is also great for the college games to download real player name rosters).

like a usb stick? I tried that but it i cant seem to get it to work. how do you do it? (i have a ps2)

Tommyjohn25
04-18-2007, 12:52 PM
I almost threw a perfect game last night with Harang against the Astros, Carlos Lee got a seeing eye single in the eighth inning and it was the only hit I gave up...:bang: :bang:

My palms were sweaty pitching to him too, I had a bad feeling. I've been trying for two seasons now to get a perfecto and this was as close as I've come.

paintmered
04-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I think it's a shame baseball games for PC are no longer being released.

MVP 2005 on PC was excellent. The 2006 Mod was pretty dang good too.

OldRightHander
04-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I almost threw a perfect game last night with Harang against the Astros, Carlos Lee got a seeing eye single in the eighth inning and it was the only hit I gave up...:bang: :bang:

My palms were sweaty pitching to him too, I had a bad feeling. I've been trying for two seasons now to get a perfecto and this was as close as I've come.

I got one with Harang against the Pirates the other day, had a diving play by Phillips in the 9th to preserve it. I was playing while listening to the radio and wasn't really aware of what was going on until I got into the seventh and the announcer guy on the game said something about the no no. Then I started being really careful what I threw for the next two innings.

Yachtzee
04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I got one with Harang against the Pirates the other day, had a diving play by Phillips in the 9th to preserve it. I was playing while listening to the radio and wasn't really aware of what was going on until I got into the seventh and the announcer guy on the game said something about the no no. Then I started being really careful what I threw for the next two innings.

I had one going with Belisle, but he ran out of gas in the 5th inning and I had to bring in Saarloos to finish it out and he gave up an HR.

Tommyjohn25
04-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I had one going with Belisle, but he ran out of gas in the 5th inning and I had to bring in Saarloos to finish it out and he gave up an HR.

Stupid bullpen. At least he didn't walk him on four pitches. ;)

sonny
04-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I just saw the trailer for the Show on PS3. color me unimpressed. ign.com (www.ign.com)

cincinnati chili
04-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm anxious to try the new OOTP this summer, when I get the break from law school.

Earl Weaver and Front Page Sports Sierra were very, very good back in the day. The Sammy Sosa was the best mix of realism with stunning graphics.

I prefer the former.

GIK
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Bought OOTP 2007 a few days ago and I'm extremely impressed. I haven't had a lot of time to get deep into it, but so far so good.

LvJ
04-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Bought OOTP 2007 a few days ago and I'm extremely impressed. I haven't had a lot of time to get deep into it, but so far so good. I need to make that purchase, but first I need some memory. I got rid of my good computer about a year ago, and although OOTP doesn't need lot's of resources to run, the computer I currently use, my fiancee's, has the bare min., so once I get some upgrades, I sure am going to get OOTP again. I spent many hours on that game, I miss it greatly. :(

Degenerate39
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
On the updated roster for MLB The Show 07 Jared Burton, Coutlangus, and Cruz are now on the Reds roster.

Tommyjohn25
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
On the updated roster for MLB The Show 07 Jared Burton, Coutlangus, and Cruz are now on the Reds roster.

Thanks for the info!! :thumbup:

HustlinOwl
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I want to create Brad Salmon for my Red Franchise. What kind of pitching delivery does he have. Meaning what major leaguer delivery would best resemble Salmon's? I have yet to see him pitch this year, so I dont know. Thanks

Yachtzee
05-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I want to create Brad Salmon for my Red Franchise. What kind of pitching delivery does he have. Meaning what major leaguer delivery would best resemble Salmon's? I have yet to see him pitch this year, so I dont know. Thanks

I don't know, but I wanted to create Nuke Laloosh in MLB2k7, but they didn't have "Throws like that nancy-boy Tim Robbins" as a choice.

redsrule2500
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Baseball Mogul is great for simulation/GM stuff, amazing fun

MVP 05 or 07 with mods on the PC is excellent as well.

NorrisHopper30
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Quoted for truth...what a game.

sonny
05-01-2007, 09:40 PM

MVP 05 or 07 with mods on the PC is excellent as well.

I remember doing that with Tony Larussa Baseball back in the day. Fun stuff

jmcclain19
05-02-2007, 02:45 AM
I enjoyed Baseball Mogul as well, but once I tried OOTP I was a convert and haven't gone back.

camisadelgolf
05-02-2007, 03:12 AM
The newest Baseball Mogul is the best. The internet options suck, but I prefer the rest of it over OOTP, generally speaking. However, overall, I'd say they're close to equal.

HustlinOwl
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Man this needs to be sticky with MLB the Show about to hit the ps3 next week

BoilerBC11
05-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know what type of minor leagues system MLB 07 has? I've always been a big fan of the franchise mode on MVP 05, and am lookin for somethin comparable...

StillFunkyB
05-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I've been playing the 07 mod for MVP 05.

It has satisfied the need. I still long for a next gen "High Heat".

LvJ
05-13-2007, 10:02 PM
New laptop. Time to get OOTP. :D

sonny
05-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Did anyone get MLB 07 for ps3 yet?

StillFunkyB
05-19-2007, 09:40 AM

I wish I had a PS3.

MrCinatit
05-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I've been playing the 07 mod for MVP 05.

It has satisfied the need. I still long for a next gen "High Heat".

The continued mods by the fanbase have really helped keep that game rather fresh.
I still play the game religiously, and love it.

GIK
05-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Not yet. I'll probably wait a bit. I'm still too engrossed in F1 Championship.

sonny
05-19-2007, 10:33 AM
IGNs review was less than stellar, but they're geeks, so i take their words with grains and grains of salt. The readers say although its not as graphically appealing as MLB 2k7, it is light years ahead as far as game play and fun. AND it runs at a crisp 60fps.

Degenerate39
06-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Sorry to bring up this dead topic but does anyone know when Homer Bailey will be on the Online Roster Update for MLB The Show 07?

Chi-Town Red
06-10-2007, 02:48 PM
have a wii.. anyone going to buy "THE BIGS" for it?

asboog
06-10-2007, 06:39 PM
This is a great online game. totally free. You can play a specific position and bat in the lineup with other people check it out. http://www.ultimatebaseballonline.com/

AmarilloRed
06-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Am I the only one who thinks baseball games on the ps2 are too hard to play? I have never got the hang of analog control.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks baseball games on the ps2 are too hard to play? I have never got the hang of analog control.

I don't necessarily like it, but after playing for awhile I got the hang of it. You'll have to get used to it though, because a lot of games are starting to make more use of the analog features.

WVPacman
06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I still don't know how to get the outfielder to jump on the wall and try to rob a homer on the baseball game major league 2k7 on playstation 2.:bang::bang:

GoGoWhiteSox
06-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I still don't know how to get the outfielder to jump on the wall and try to rob a homer on the baseball game major league 2k7 on playstation 2.:bang::bang:
Haha, I've found out how to do it on XBox 360. Took me awhile though.

The one thing that I found bizarre on MLB 2k7 are their rankings. If you're using the non-updated rosters, the defending AL Champion Tigers are ranked 19th. Did they have something against Jim Leyland when they created the game?:confused:

AmarilloRed
06-20-2007, 02:17 AM
I was rather disappointed that Homer Bailey was not on MLB 2007-The Show in franchise mode .I would have thought he would be at AA or AAA. I may end up creating him and putting him on the Reds roster when I play franchise mode. Maybe when MLB 2008 comes around, he will be on it.

RedsFan75
06-20-2007, 05:21 PM
If you get the updated roster from their site he's in it.

He's my best pitcher in my franchise

lo ryder
06-20-2007, 10:55 PM

StillFunkyB
06-21-2007, 07:18 AM
I was rather disappointed that Homer Bailey was not on MLB 2007-The Show in franchise mode .I would have thought he would be at AA or AAA. I may end up creating him and putting him on the Reds roster when I play franchise mode. Maybe when MLB 2008 comes around, he will be on it.

I thought that he had to play in at least one ML game to be part of the Players Association, so that is why he wouldn't be in the game.

I'm not sure if Sony is doing roster updates every so often, but if they are I imagine the next one will include him.

RedsFan75
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Sony does weekly updates throughout the season. The latest roster is pretty accurate to the previous week.

AmarilloRed
06-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I wasnt sure he would be on the major league team, but he could of been placed on the AA or AAA teams in franchise mode.

Degenerate39
06-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Bailey is available on the updated roster for MLB The Show 07 if anyones interested

CWRed
06-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Anyone remember MicroLeague Baseball for the Commodore 64? That game was awesome! The gamplay was slow and you could only be the manager but it was amazingly realistic for its time. I had the 1987 rosters I believe. Nothing like being called safe at home when the graphics showed the runner being out by about 5 seconds! Good times.:)

LvJ
06-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Anyone getting the Bigs on Wii?

I'm not really a fan of arcade style baseball, but I'll get it just to have my baseball fix on the Wii. Looks really fun, actually.

AmarilloRed
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Enough about Bailey. Has anyone played baseball on the next-gen systems(PS3, xbox 360), and how do they compare to the Ps2 baseball games. I have been considering getting a PS3 this Christmas, and I would get it if it had a mindblowing baseball game on it.